Season 11 "Spoiler Lab" Discussion

Discussion in 'CSI: Crime Scene Investigation' started by Smokey, May 15, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jafox

jafox CSI Level Two

No offense to GE or his fans, but if Marg is not returning, then the show needs a female lead more than another male. I would have preferred Nick to Ray, but we know LF is signed for next season.
    It's easy to say our favorites deserve whatever they are asking, but that is not how it goes. Anyone and everyone is expendable in Hollywood. If an actor demands more than a budget can afford, then all bets are off. If CSI has survived without WP, it can survive without any of them. And by survival, I mean a scaled down version in a different timeslot, with or without George and Marg and Jorja and Eric.
    I have no idea what will happen, but I doubt CBS will be willing to fork over a lot of money on a show that has peaked and is coasting along waiting to be retired. I'm sure it's an expensive show to produce, much more than an episode of Friends or Law & Order or The Office.
    Networks will move forward, not back, always looking for the next 'CSI' success story.
    I'm a Jorja fan, and I don't care what show she is on (that is her decision to make), I just really want to see her in something, preferrably on a regular basis.

2. myfuturecsi

myfuturecsi Corpse

Agreed Desertwind (which is rare:lol:)

And let's not forget, George was working with a severe back injury all these years. He was in pain an awful lot and nobody knew it. That's dedication to your craft.

Moreover, he has everyone right to speak up and ask for a raise. The network executives make oddles of cash, more than George does. They can afford it. They just don't want to pay it because they think of actors as disaposable. Trouble is they treat the fans the same way.:(

3. Speedystokesgirl

Speedystokesgirl Judge

You're right if Marg leaves they need another female lead. As for George he already is a lead. Marg, Fishburne and George are the three leads.

In any case, if the get rid of the cast, I seriously doubt the show will survive. Law & Order may have, but it's a different type of show. Law and Order was always the same no matter who was cast, even if it did take some getting used to the new characters, however, CSi will never be the same for me.

I quit watching ER too, because after so many cast changes it wasn't the same to me and I wasn't interested in it anymore.

However, the amount of money they are being paid is small considering that Petersen was paid $600,000 per episode. Even when the 'Friends' wanted a million per episode, that was outrageous, so is $600,000. And if they're still paying Petersen that so his name stays as Executive Producer of the show, well that's wrong as he is not really, if at all, involved with the show anymore. I really think he is Exec. Producer in name only.

Though I would be happy if he came back. He will always be a favorite character of mine.

In any case, I'm wondering. Should we be discussing this here, since it really isn't spoiler news or should a thread be opened to discuss it?

I'm just throwing that out there for Smokey and DJ. :thumbsup:

Not that there isn't any spoiler news and probably won't be until they start shooting the new season and still don't think we'll get any. Why? Because I think they finally found out who was spilling this information and fired them. :lol:

4. Smokey

Smokey Nickaholic Moderator

I don't really mind. Since we have the actual Spoiler Reference Thread to post the spoilers, you guys can feel free to discuss next season in here however you see fit. :)

Which is why we are careful about naming sources! ;)

5. blackflag

blackflag Chocoholic for Life Moderator

I'm wondering if we're even going to know who's signed before they start filming in mid July. :lol: Or are they going to keep us in suspense until it's obvious by who shows up on the set. :shifty:

This had definite implications of seeing who can keep a secret. :lol:

Susan

6. Dizzney

Dizzney Moderately Insane Moderator

Well I am pretty sure Eric will be back unless they do not want him back. In an interview he did in February of this year he said things he was going to try to do during the summer hiatus from the show. That pretty much sounds to me like he had every intention of coming back for another season.

7. K-Bug

K-Bug Lab Technician

With all due respect, has any actor besides George played the money card? I know Marg hasn't but I would think that if they are going to keep her, they'd really have to show her the bucks (matching/topping Mariska Hargitay at the least). As for the others, if money is a factor, IDK if the network would be willing to shell out that kind of money on supporting actors.

8. Smokey

Publicly? Not that I've heard of. Behind the scenes, who knows what's going on?

9. blackflag

blackflag Chocoholic for Life Moderator

I put this link in the Meat Jekyll thread but I'm putting it in here since she does talk a little bit about next season at the end. In the answer to the first question she says "But there's always next season" in reference to Nick and Greg so it sounds like she expects both Eric and George to be back next season.

Carol Mendelsohn

-----
    Did anything disappoint you about this season? Anything you wish you could have done, but didn’t have time, forethought or resources? While we were extremely pleased with the triple crossover, someday it would be great to have all three teams working together on a big case, and then get to have Langston, Horatio and Mac in the same room together at the same time. I wanted a visit from Grissom, but maybe some day soon. Also, I wish we had revealed more about Greg’s personal life. But there’s always next season. Nick, too.

What should the fans look forward to next season? And if you haven’t gotten that far yet… what would your dream season be? We really like the “DNA” of our show. So, CSI will continue to take our fans into fascinating new worlds, while using cutting edge forensic science to solve mysteries. So, we’re talking about a “death by dinosaur” episode. I can promise that the premiere will be explosive. And, let’s just say, we may not have seen the last of Nate Haskell, or his minions. Also, I think next season, we may get a more intimate look into the lives of our characters. To see how far they’ve come over the last ten seasons and where they might be heading in the future.

Susan

10. PalmTree

PalmTree Police Officer

sounds almost as if next season will be some kind of closing one... putting some loose ends together... hmmz... I'm getting more and more curious about this season's final....

11. Desertwind

Desertwind Head of the Day Shift

Thank's blackflag awesome article by CM, who is a goddess of CSI, and I bow down to her, for revealing what she does. What a creative mind she has, and anything goes with her:thumbsup:And the 'trilogy' was incredible all of them~

12. ladyhunter

ladyhunter Head of the Swing Shift

After reading that, I'm thinking there will be a lot of closure for the CSI's. All the stuff that's gonna happen in the finale... the characters will have to make a decision...

I like that actually. Not sure about liking the explosive premiere, but it's encouraging to know that the characters will be back. :D

13. Smokey

Haskell may be back?? Grrrrreat. ;) I don't know...they seemed to promise a lot of stuff this season that didn't pan out. I've been going crazy at work counting down the days until Thursday, but my friends who watch CSI there? They stopped watching this season. :( They both said it just wasn't interesting anymore.

I wish TPTB would learn a thing or two by reading what the fans think about how things are going and what WE would like to see. This sounds good for next season, but only if they deliver.

14. myfuturecsi

myfuturecsi Corpse

Sorry Smokey that is asking too much of TPTB.

15. Speedystokesgirl

Speedystokesgirl Judge

Thanks for posting the article, Blackflag!

CM does like messing with us, but I'll say one thing. I'm shocked :eek: shocked I say that she mention George's performance in 'Lost and Found' and Greg in "Lover's Lane" and others. In other words, I'm shocked :eek: she mentioned someone other than Langston, Grissom, Sara, and Catherine. :eek:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.