Season 11 "Spoiler Lab" Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Maybe now that Marg and Eric have reupped it'll be like the NBA free agency where once the first person reveals their plans, everyone else starts doing the same.

Or maybe there's just been so much NBA talk lately my brain has gone a little wonky.....and I don't even watch basketball.

CSI's episode Family Affair received two emmy nominations.:)The first for Outstanding Special Visual Effects For A Series and the second for Outstanding Cinematography For A One Hour Series!!Well done CSI!:thumbsup:

CSI's episode Family Affair received two emmy nominations.:)The first for Outstanding Special Visual Effects For A Series and the second for Outstanding Cinematography For A One Hour Series!!Well done CSI!:thumbsup:

I know this a good thing to be nominated but really...those are the kind of awards that aren't shown on the award show. In other words, they have no respect like Best Actress or Best Actor. But...at least we got a couple of noms, right. Think positive.:)

But did you see some of the people that got nominated? Are they really better than the actors on CSI?

Congratulations to CSI for two Emmy nominations! For me, Family Affair is one of the best season premieres. Also it is the episode with the best special effects ever done on the show!

But did you see some of the people that got nominated? Are they really better than the actors on CSI?

I wouldn't say any of the nominated actors are better, but perhaps their performances had more emotional depth than what our guys were given this season. CSI is mainly a procedural show, thus a good majority of it is cold, hard science and such. Its rare when the actors get a chance to really show their acting chops. Season 9's "Turn, Turn, Turn" definitely should have given George Eads a nomination. But I'm not sure if this season had any truly stellar, emotional episodes. The only possible one I could see is Paul Guilfoyle for "Lost & Found" - although George was very good in that one too. Another nom that I could have seen was a Guest Actor one for Bill Irwin (Nate Haskell).

In the past, the best episodes were usually the ones that showed how the characters reacted to the heinous acts committed around them. This is one of the things I'm hoping these new writers will add. Peterson was great with these scenes and the other actors have shown that as well. Eric Szmanda's subtle performance in "No Way Out" comes to mind, as does Ead's already mentioned performances. And both Jorja and Marg have had great emotional episodes as well. It doesn't always have to be about a crime centered around the characters. I find their reactions to the other, random stuff to be far more powerful.

But then again, that's probably just me.

Thank God that Marg and Eric are coming back!! Especially Eric, I could not enjoy CSI without Greg. Now lets hope George returns too.

Glad to hear Eric and Marg signed.I am sure George will be back,too.Now he is one of the main leads and the show needs him.

It sort of bothers me that CSI does not get recognition by the critics.It's a procedural but the actors are as good as the other shows.

Since it seems there was no other place to discuss it and the Emmy talk ended up here, I've gone ahead and opened an awards discussion thread here. :)

Please discuss the Emmy Awards and other nominations and recognition in the new thread. Thanks! :)

It sort of bothers me that CSI does not get recognition by the critics.It's a procedural but the actors are as good as the other shows.
It bothers me too, electra. Just because CSI doesn't have that new show shine like Glee or whatever else doesn't mean it's not deserving of some of the main awards. But this happens every year so you learn to deal with the disappointment.:lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back