Season 11 "Spoiler Lab" Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
The DNA lab explodes (again) killing Wendy(although this will be implied since she is no longer on the show), thus explaining her absence from the show. Ray will become the new DNA tech.

how that for a new direction? Just speculation my friends, not fact.

The DNA lab explodes (again) killing Wendy(although this will be implied since she is no longer on the show), thus explaining her absence from the show. Ray will become the new DNA tech.

Wow. Yeah, that's one direction to go. It does have a proper send off for Wendy (when compared to the mystery surrounding Mia and Sofia) and I like Ray in the lab. He and Hodges would make a beautiful couple. :lol:

But I don't want Wendy to die. Wendy needs to live and become Queen of the Lab. Or something. I'm hoping - with CSI winning the International Audience Award and all - that tptb will realize their mistake and bring Liz back.

Wojo The DNA lab explodes (again) killing Wendy(although this will be implied since she is no longer on the show), thus explaining her absence from the show. Ray will become the new DNA tech.

:rolleyes: :shifty: Well that would explain Wendy's absence. I'd like to think that she moved to days so she and Hodges could have their relationship, but that's me.

I guess I'm tired of the explosive stuff. How many times is the lab gonna blow up? :confused:

I'll go out on a big limb and say that all the regulars on this show will be back. I have an internal feeling that says that will happen. They want the fans to keep watching, and I do think it kinda of sucks to have us all concerned and watiing for this announcement, but once again it's all about what the stars want and what TPTB are willing to give them. Maybe this week we'll hear the big news and will all settle down and wait for the news, And PC "Hodges and Ray would make a beautiful couple",:lol: who knows what will happen. Just tell us already:scream:And S/10 was one of my all time favorite seasons.. ever.. so keep on with great episodes like S/10 had and I'm a happy camper~

Last edited:
Since this was my personally second-least favourite season I'm thinking that any new direction has to be a good one. I'm not sure what to think about them delving into the CSI's personal lives more, but if they do all I can ask is for more Greg! (I'm still kinda mad that they showed us Ray's home and we still haven't seen any hint of Greg's:scream:.) I'd also like to see equal screen time- meaning give some of Ray's time to Greg before he becomes a permanent wallflower ;)

As for Wendy leaving...if it were any other of the lab rats I'd personally go and bash the writers heads in myself, but I never warmed up to Wendy. I'm not saying I'll be glad that she's gone- and it will suck losing yet another girl and leaving only three to fend off all the guys- but I won't miss her. I do hope that they give her a proper write off, like maybe move her to shift/days because of her relationship with Hodges, unlike what they did with Mia/Sofia/any other female character on the show :shifty:

With Liz's contract not taken up, it makes me wonder if Wallace Langham's won't be either. It'd be a darned sight easier for them to explain Hodges and Wendy leaving the lab together (especially after the build up of their relationship) than it would be to just try to justify Wendy's departure alone. Unless they're going to say that it didn't work out, so she left the lab completely because of it...

Since this was my personally second-least favourite season I'm thinking that any new direction has to be a good one. I'm not sure what to think about them delving into the CSI's personal lives more, but if they do all I can ask is for more Greg! (I'm still kinda mad that they showed us Ray's home and we still haven't seen any hint of Greg's:scream:.) I'd also like to see equal screen time- meaning give some of Ray's time to Greg before he becomes a permanent wallflower ;)

As for Wendy leaving...if it were any other of the lab rats I'd personally go and bash the writers heads in myself, but I never warmed up to Wendy. I'm not saying I'll be glad that she's gone- and it will suck losing yet another girl and leaving only three to fend off all the guys- but I won't miss her. I do hope that they give her a proper write off, like maybe move her to shift/days because of her relationship with Hodges, unlike what they did with Mia/Sofia/any other female character on the show :shifty:
Wow, I've been offline for almost two days and the debate still continues on the new direction of CSI. Well, let me continue to throw my two-cents into this discussion.:lol:

First line of business, DragonFriend95, Eric isn't a main cast member in the same...respect(Is that a good word? I don't want to offend Greggo fans. I come in peace.:)) that Marg, LF, and George are. Before I get attacked here me out. Marg and LF have the fact that they are leads which they can use to negotiate more plotlines concerning their character to work with in the upcoming seasons. Eric just doesn't have that kind of negotiating power that he can use to get those same plotlines. He can't use the "I've been here just as long as you" card because...so has everyone else(Besides LF, he's a special case.). Eric has never, from what I've heard, complained about his character's lack of time on the show. If he did I'm sure he would have left many years ago.

Secondly, I totally agree with you about not warming up to Wendy. Wendy to me was a character with great potential and not a great character. I'm sad to see her go but in a way I've already moved on. I'm excited to see where this whole new creative direction is going to go with CSI. No offence, but Liz's abscence isn't going to be as monumental as when Billy left or even when Jorja left.

Wow, I've been offline for almost two days and the debate still continues on the new direction of CSI. Well, let me continue to throw my two-cents into this discussion.:lol:

First line of business, DragonFriend95, Eric isn't a main cast member in the same...respect(Is that a good word? I don't want to offend Greggo fans. I come in peace.:)) that Marg, LF, and George are. Before I get attacked here me out. Marg and LF have the fact that they are leads which they can use to negotiate more plotlines concerning their character to work with in the upcoming seasons. Eric just doesn't have that kind of negotiating power that he can use to get those same plotlines. He can't use the "I've been here just as long as you" card because...so has everyone else(Besides LF, he's a special case.). Eric has never, from what I've heard, complained about his character's lack of time on the show. If he did I'm sure he would have left many years ago.

Secondly, I totally agree with you about not warming up to Wendy. Wendy to me was a character with great potential and not a great character. I'm sad to see her go but in a way I've already moved on. I'm excited to see where this whole new creative direction is going to go with CSI. No offence, but Liz's abscence isn't going to be as monumental as when Billy left or even when Jorja left.

If I were Eric, I'd use the 'There is practically no one on this Earth who doesn't like my character' card :lol: But it just irks me that Ray gets more time just because he's played by a well known actor (no offence to LF or his fans) What is it with Ray anyway? Everyone calls him a lead but as far as I can see he's still the rookie of the team getting too much time :confused: Eric may not have complained, but his pretty damn big fanbase have. :)

I agree, I don't know what it is about her character, but she doesn't appeal to me as much as the other lab rats have. I think I'm trying to say is that Hodges is snarky, Henry's timid, Archie's laid-back, and Wendy was...and I just come up blank, she just doesn't stand out to me.

Again, no offense to Liz or her fans :)

Eric isn't a main cast member in the same...respect(Is that a good word? I don't want to offend Greggo fans. I come in peace.:)) that Marg, LF, and George are.

Greg IS a main character, he's just not a LEAD character. Two totally different words with two completely different meanings. Main character= anyone who is in the opening credits with the theme song. But regardless of that, he STILL deserves a storyline and his fans still deserve to see him get a storyline (one where he's not in trouble ala Ryan Wolfe or one where he's not physically hurt ala Playing With Fire and Fannysmackin' ). As for his place, they could at least show it in a photo on his desk in the office he shares with Nick (hey, I'm not picky and I don't think a photo of his home is asking too much). I don't think any one character deserves a storyline any more or less than any other character or that any one character's fans deserve less than any other character's fans.

Eric just doesn't have that kind of negotiating power that he can use to get those same plotlines.

I have to somewhat disagree with you here because I know for a FACT that making Greg a CSI was Eric's idea in the first place. So they obviously have listened to his input in the past. Now maybe he isn't demanding about it, but he does offer his thoughts on occasion and they are taken into consideration and sometimes brought into fruition on the show.

I have to somewhat disagree with you here because I know for a FACT that making Greg a CSI was Eric's idea in the first place. So they obviously have listened to his input in the past. Now maybe he isn't demanding about it, but he does offer his thoughts on occasion and they are taken into consideration and sometimes brought into fruition on the show.

Sometimes they do listen to the actors, sometimes I wished they didn't because it was 'allegedly' George who didn't want any fallout from Grave Danger, but a lot of us wanted it. So sometimes, I think the writers should decide what's best for the audience and the fans.

I don't think Greg fans have anything to worry about, Eric will probably be back next season.

I hope the main cast is at least back, but I hope they don't forget the supporting characters.

I see both sides of the Eric/Greg issues, He is a main character and has been since the onset of the show. To me he's awesome and always has been and has grown and developed into a great character on CSI, but he is not the lead character that position was chosen by the CBS writers and he accepted Mr. Laurence Fishburne was hired as WP's replacement and the "new lead" not because he's a 'big movie star" because he's a great actor, and has filled this postion with outstanding professionalism, and how the team is in awe of him means alot. TPTB and Ms. Mendolshon must have watched his prior work and said "he'll be great on CSI" and he is:bolian: and no offense to fans who still don't get that. To me the show is still an ensemble and they all have their special talents and captivating aura's. Everbody has a favorite and it's not just one team member that makes this show great, it's all of them together.:thumbsup:

He can't use the "I've been here just as long as you" card because...so has everyone else(Besides LF, he's a special case.).

Actually, he can use the longevity card. He may not have been a main character at that point, but he was in the pilot episode. Jorja wasn't even there yet. And before the end of that season, he was made a regular character - just not star billing until season 3. He probably has just as much negotiating power as George. Maybe not Marg, but at least George. He just seems the type who prefers not to stir the pot.
If I were Eric, I'd use the 'There is practically no one on this Earth who doesn't like my character' card :lol:

:guffaw:Indeed, my friend. Indeed.

He can't use the "I've been here just as long as you" card because...so has everyone else(Besides LF, he's a special case.).

Actually, he can use the longevity card. He may not have been a main character at that point, but he was in the pilot episode. Jorja wasn't even there yet. And before the end of that season, he was made a regular character - just not star billing until season 3. He probably has just as much negotiating power as George. Maybe not Marg, but at least George. He just seems the type who prefers not to stir the pot.

I like that he's a guy who doesn't want to create a lot of fuss, but still it just seems unfair that they've only given him like a fifth or something of what he had in previous seasons (by that I mean the first few season 10 eppies mostly, I could barely tell him from the furniture ;))

I think a couple of the actors can use the longevity card. Eric, Marg, George, Gerald McCullough, Sheeri Rappaport...but apparently the secondary cast don't since Bobby and Mandy have had about four eppies between them :(

If I were Eric, I'd use the 'There is practically no one on this Earth who doesn't like my character' card :lol:

:guffaw:Indeed, my friend. Indeed.

I hate being the Negative Nancy of the forums but I don't particularly like Greg's character. I love Eric, I think he could do a lot more as an actor on the show but Greg not so much.

Greg's character is a complex as a piece of paper. Why would the writers risk giving a character a whole storyline when they don't even know who the character is? The whole Fannysmackin' arc was great for Greg but still left me wondering, "Who is Greg?", and sadly, I don't really care to know who he is compared to LF's family drama or Nicky's new role as assistant supervisor.

Another problem with Greg is his lack of charm that he used to have. I used to love the Greggo that was cracking jokes and the comic relief but now...I don't know who he is. He's not the crazy lab rat that listens to Blackflag but he isn't the supervisor of the night shift either. Greg's matured but he's almost lost himself in the process. I don't know where he fits in the show's dynamic and I'm pretty sure the writers must feel the same way.

Strangely enough, I agree with this. I liked Wendy, but never really felt the character was developed to her true potential. It's like they were prepping her to send her out in the field, and then when that storyline didn't come about, she became a fifth wheel that they didn't know what to do with, so they kept reaching . . . occasionally a bit wildly. It's too bad, and I do feel badly for Liz, but I'd be a lot more disappointed if it were Marg or Jorja.

Another problem with Greg is his lack of charm that he used to have. I used to love the Greggo that was cracking jokes and the comic relief but now...I don't know who he is. He's not the crazy lab rat that listens to Blackflag but he isn't the supervisor of the night shift either. Greg's matured but he's almost lost himself in the process. I don't know where he fits in the show's dynamic and I'm pretty sure the writers must feel the same way.
For me, that's just a sign that he's grown up, and also grown into the responsibilities of his job out in the field. If he had stayed that same goofy character, then there would be no growth, and I think we'd all be complaining about that. Now, I do agree with you that the writers have fallen short in fleshing out his character so that we know more about Greg than just the lab goofball that he used to be. That's why he often comes across as little more than a blank slate (even though I think this season, they improved on that somewhat). But Greg is still a work in progress, in terms of character development, and I think that's what many of us have yearned for. As my husband has pointed out, what did they gain by moving Greg out in the field? If anything, they lost a bit with that character because at least when Greg was in the lab, he was in every episode, and he had a special place there. As a member of the team out in the field, he seems to have been relegated to the back burner and not been able to move up since.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back