Season 11 "Spoiler Lab" Discussion

Discussion in 'CSI: Crime Scene Investigation' started by Smokey, May 15, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. blackflag

blackflag Chocoholic for Life Moderator

He could mean nothing more than he thinks it's going to be a great episode!

Susan

2. GregNickRyanFan

GregNickRyanFan Holographic Moderator Moderator

So now they're resorting to Miami tricks with the explosions? Surely not. I hope he means that metaphorically cause quite honestly I'm sick of the explosions and crap like that on Miami (a few times or so is fine, but every freaking season just gets predicatable and boring lol)... I don't want it on LV too.

3. vegaslights

vegaslights Brute

You guys are reading too much into it. "Explosive" could mean other things besides an explosion.

4. GregNickRyanFan

GregNickRyanFan Holographic Moderator Moderator

It definitely could, but usually when they say that about Miami there is an explosion. :lol: So, it just makes one wonder if its the same thing here. :lol:

5. sharp52092

sharp52092 Star Wars and CSI Fan Moderator

yeah he could mean it's going to be awesome,
    an explosion involved at a crime scene,

or the lab having an explosion or whatever but i hope it doesn't involve the lab since it(the lab) had trouble last season in the premiere, so I hope they don't try anything with the lab this time, talk to me in the season finale

6. jafox

jafox CSI Level Two

Aren't you the optimist? :lol:

Personally, I don't like it. More special effects, less science, it sounds like to me. Like every other CBS show. :confused:

I certainly hope you're right and I'm wrong.

IMO, they're dodging the only thing we really care about here: Who the hell is coming back?

7. blackflag

blackflag Chocoholic for Life Moderator

Not really! I've just heard the writers, directors, and so on say what a 'great episode' it's going to be too many times! :vulcan:

Susan

8. SpasmThatCat

SpasmThatCat Police Officer

Seconded!

9. Speedystokesgirl

Speedystokesgirl Judge

Amen, Jtd94!

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 10, 2010
  10. myfuturecsi

myfuturecsi Corpse

Maybe..but they could still plan on blowing up the contracts of the main cast. Weenie roast anyone?;)

11. ragincajun

ragincajun Prime Suspect

Maybe "explosive" simply means they are going to drop a couple of huge bombshells on the viewers in terms of storylines??

Just throwing something out here, but what if Jorja wants to remain a contract player and appear periodically like last season? They could easily explain her absence as well as the hiring of another new younger CSI by having Sara -

PREGNANT?

If they reveal it in the season premiere, she could possibly have the baby, as well as maybe a cameo return by Grissom, during May sweeps. ;)

12. Desertwind

Desertwind Head of the Day Shift

I just saw Entertainment Tonight, and some CBS shows commercials, about CBS shows including "NCIS" "Two And A Half Men" etc. and a quick clip of Nick and Ray from CSI, now I'm sure it was from a prior show, but isn't this false advertising to act/pretend like their both still on the show?:confused:

Footnote.. Maybe this means that George has indeed signed on for S/11~

Last edited: Jun 10, 2010
  13. PraetorCorvinus

PraetorCorvinus Moderator Moderator

Well, as far as we know, both are still on the show. And as commercials go, I've seen several in the past that use clips from throughout whatever particular show their advertising's history. Most of the time, commercials really are only about drawing in new viewers and will use whatever scenes they can to grab their attention and pull them in. Usually commercials are about the show itself (this excludes episode specific commercials which are targeted at the viewers who already watch it). I wouldn't call it false advertising unless the focus was solely on Nick and Ray and one or both were no longer on the show.

14. Elayne

Elayne Police Officer

I saw one ad for CSI last night while watching Criminal Minds. It was short and the only CSIs we saw were Nick, Catherine and Ray. The voice track started with a female voice asking something like "Why was I killed?" followed by (I think) "Please find out." Then there were brief clips of the CSIs at work, ending with a close-up of Ray saying, "Everything I need is right in front of me." If this is a sign of the "new direction" the show is taking, it sounds like a return to the focus on forensics that we saw in the early seasons.

As far as "explosive" goes, maybe Ecklie's going to be revealed as Haskell's long-lost half-brother. :)

15. myfuturecsi

myfuturecsi Corpse

Wile E. Coyote chases Roadrunner into the Lab and his Acme dynamite blows up?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.