Season 11 "Spoiler Lab" Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
About the story originality problem on CSI there's one way of solving that problem. Put less emphasis on the story and more emphasis on the characters and how they effect the story.

That's actually not remotely fresh.

For starters, that IS what CSI's been doing off and on this season, with some fairly mixed results.

Secondly, there are plenty of other procedural shows that also do it. (NCIS, for one - though it's been less so this season, which may be one reason why this season of NCIS hasn't been as good as past ones.)

Thirdly, the whole thing that set CSI apart was that it wasn't the characters who were important, it was the science and I have to admit, I MISS scenes where the science and the job gets to really take centre stage.

Don't get me wrong; I love character development and I don't think CSI would work half so well without the strong set of characters the show has, but I really, REALLY don't think focussing on the characters to the exclusion of the science is the way to go.
Maybe you're right, Athersgeo. But personally I'd rather see a show with strong characters leading the show with science helping them out rather than science being the lead and the characters are just being led by the evidence. That would get kind of boring to me after awhile.

Secondly, every crime procedural show uses "science" now. You have to remember when CSI first came on it was the only show of it's kind on television at the time. Now that every show has "science", CSI can't just do what it used to anymore which is focusing on the science. Science is important to CSI but it'll never get the focus that it used to.

From TV Guide Mega Buzz this week.
Is Sara Sidle coming back next season on CSI?—Bill
ADAM: There will definitely be some cast changes, as several of the show's stars, Jorja Fox included, negotiate new contracts. But executive producer Carol Mendelsohn is hoping that Fox will return. "I know what our creative plans are for Sara Sidle, but Jorja and I have not sat down to really talk about next season," she says. "It's really, truly up in the air."

I hope Sara returns. I don't want CSI to be one more short of female character after Wendy was let go.

Are we going to have grade, favorite, and least favorite episode for season 10 poll threads? :)

Last edited:
I really hope Sara stays on the show next season now that Wendy is gone.
When the poll for favorite episode is going to be ready?

So Wendy is not coming back. Now Sara may not return. Did I read correctly n the previous spoilers that Cathrine may not come back too? Does a new 'creative direction' mean that it will be all-men cast?;/I'm not happy about those changes at all.

I really don't think they will have an all male cast. I think Sara will come back and so will Catherine. I am still not convinced that Wendy wont be coming back. It's still early and a lot can happen between now and the season premier

Well that's one way to kill off your main cast and replace them with younger and cheaper actors
Don't even go there girl. :lol:

Seriously, explosive... again??? :shifty:

Well that's one way to kill off your main cast and replace them with younger and cheaper actors
Don't even go there girl. :lol:

Seriously, explosive... again??? :shifty:
Aww no...this is not a good sign. CSI is going to start resorting to explosions for ratings. Maybe it's a metaphorical explosion? Like Cath leaves and Nick becomes supervisor for a couple of episodes? I don't know...just putting ideas out there.:lol:

Maybe it's not an actual explosion. Could be that Haskell escapes and the CSIs get in trouble for bringing him there in the first place.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back