Season 11 "Spoiler Lab" Discussion Part 4

Discussion in 'CSI: Crime Scene Investigation' started by DJRideout, Feb 14, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dizzney

Dizzney Moderately Insane Moderator

Wow, so it sounds like this episode will end up being one I will not be rewatching once it is over. How disappointing they have spent so much time this season on the Haskell storyline. :(

I'm with you sharp, I hope he is leaving because it has become way too much of Ray/Haskell CSI for my tastes.

2. LaSquisita

LaSquisita Rookie

The only brightness in this spoiler is that Catherine is still active and in charge. Nothing seems to have happened to her. :cool:
    LaSquisita

3. Rizzoli

Rizzoli Lab Technician

At first I wasn't very optimistic but maybe this means Marg will be doing "at least a few" episodes during Season 12, I hope she can get a real exit-arc.

4. GregNickRyanFan

GregNickRyanFan Holographic Moderator Moderator

I guess Catherine's exit is going to come next season. They did say she would probably do a few episodes next season. Maybe she can remain the supervisor and just only appear about as often as Strauss on Criminal Minds does... which is maybe a couple episodes a season.

Not at all excited that the season finale is once again about the whole Ray/Haskell storyline. And I agree with Smokey that tptb seem to be really clueless as to what the majority of the viewers like. I don't dislike Ray at all, but I'm sick of Haskell... and I'm still annoyed that they took what was originally a cool, creepy serial killer character and made him an overplayed song. Now I just don't care about Haskell and just want him to go away.

I hope to goodness that Bones is new that night so I can watch it live. Either way I'm going to record the CSI season finale and watch later so I can ffwd through the Raskell stuff... which probably means I'll only end up watching about ten minutes of the episode LOL.

5. Desertwind

Desertwind Head of the Day Shift

Your not in the minority at all. If this weren't a popular story line, they would have shelved it by now. I think the writers know what their doing at all times, or most of the time. I just want to see the ending of Haskell once and for all. But I think it's going to be different than some realize. I think it's Ray who will see his demise. Three seasons on a TV show probably is quite enough for this famous big screen actor, who I surmise wants to go back to doing movies and theater;)

6. Sinclair

Sinclair Rookie

They bringing out Matrix 4 and noone told me!?

I'm sure Marg, George, Eric, Jorja, and Paul (not to mention countless others) dont feel as though being on CSI is beneath them.

I'm with others that the CSI PTB seem to be completely out of touch with the majority of their fanbase, this isn't even an original premise for a season finale as we already had langston ending a season by killing someone and being investigated by IA.

I hope Langston does leave as Laurence seemed really uncomfortable in those 250 episode celebration photos.

They better be giving Catherine a proper send off next season, gone are the seasons where we ended on a nice TEAM moment.

7. Desertwind

No one said CSI was "beneath" him, He got paid big bucks to star [at the time] the top rated show on TV. And on "The Matrix" that was 1992, [no sequels].. that was a long time ago, he's done mega movies since then. He's in the midst of filming "Contagion" with Matt Damon, Kate Winslet, Jude Law and Gwenyth Paltrow. I know all ths stars of the show have continually praised him on is nice gentle persona, how great and how fun it is to work with him. They like him, so Marg is leaving who else? Who will the writers select this time?

8. Ceindreadh

Ceindreadh Pathologist

Ugh, I don't dislike Ray, but I've always felt that season premieres and finales in an ensemble show should be team based and not focusing on one character to the exclusion of most of the others. Same goes for landmark episodes (150, 200, etc) This is his 3rd season finale, and the 2nd one pretty much devoted to him, right? (and even last season, while Nick was heavily involved, it still was Ray-centric as well).
    I know they probably paid LF big bucks to join the show, but come on, it's supposed to be a team-based drama.

9. Desertwind

To me Nick is the one who domintates CSI and that's great, He deserves it. How many episodes is he not in? To me [and he's like the brother I never had] he is the strong force of the show. He's solid and no matter what happens to him [and it's been harrowing] he still prevails. I'm happy that he's on CSI that said he will stay till the end. :bolian:

10. Robinjn

Robinjn Prime Suspect

Actually, "Contagion" is in post-production. Which means they're done filming.

There have only been 2, maybe 3 seasons that ended with a "team moment"--Season 5, Grave Danger and Season 8, For Gedda. Season 1 was Sara and Grissom as were seasons 2, 6 and 7. Season 4 was Grissom. I'm not sure about season 3.

The spoiler says that Haskell is "vanquished" and Ray was the one that did it, as he's going to be investigated by IA. So he's not going to die. Soy sorry to all you wishful thinkers.

I read something awhile back when Fishburne signed on to do CSI, that doing a TV series would enable him to spend more time with his baby daughter vs. having to go on location for movies all the time. So that part about wanting to leave CSI to go back to movies and theater isn't quite correct. Again, wishful thinking on the part of the folks who want to see him gone.

One more thing. It really bugs me when people claim to know what the "majority" of the fans want. How does anyone know this?

11. Ladybronco

Ladybronco Pathologist

I am very happy that George said he'd stay to the very end! This is my first season of watching CSI from the season premier and I SO hope that it doesn't get canceled now. I started catching season 10 re-runs during the late summer, and by Sept. was good to go with season 11, of which I've not missed one night!

I have to say that by joining this party late, I was spared the summer cliff-hanger, unlike I was with CSI-NY, NCIS, NCIS-LA and Criminal Minds. Since I am heavily invested in Nick's character, once they showed me he was alright in the finale, it didn't bother me very much that Langston was stabbed, and of course I had no need for the summer to pass to see the outcome :lol:

I don't dislike Ray either, I just don't care for the way they write the character on occasion, and sometimes make it look like Ray is smarter than Nick on active crime scenes. I bow to his medical knowledge, but imo Nick still has the edge on years of experience and know-how. I like Greg very much too, and he has more CSI experience than Ray also, just keep it balanced and not always have Ray be the one to come up with the brilliant answer. That said, I hope he stays with the show next year too. I honestly don't see why he would leave though!

I'm going to miss Catherine, but if she does go, I hope she get's a grand exit. I kind of enjoy her romance with Vartann, but I hope they keep him on the show even if Cath is "gone". I realize that would only make sense if she stays in Vegas somewhere, just "off-screen".

Last edited: Mar 25, 2011
  12. GregNickRyanFan

GregNickRyanFan Holographic Moderator Moderator

Can't they still investigate an officer's shooting of a suspect even if the officer is dead though? I mean, haven't they had that kind of storyline before? I'm not saying that I think Ray's going to die (cause I doubt that will happen), I'm just saying that just because he's going to be investigated doesn't necessarily prove beyond a shadow of a doubt that he'll be alive.

13. sharp52092

sharp52092 Star Wars and CSI Fan Moderator

Actually

Season 1: Team moment they were all eating breakfast
    Season 2: Grissom discovers he's losing his hearing
    Season 3: Griss has the surgery and Catherine discovers Sam is her father and what he's done
    Season 4: Sara DUI
    Season 5: Nick kidnapped, they find him, Grissom tells Ecklie he wants his guys back
    Season 6: Brass shot/surgery and he pulls through, everyone was there to see him, GSR revealed to audience
    Season 7: Sara kidnapped, everyone is trying to find her, GSR revealed to the others
    Season 8: Warrick is cleared of murder and team goes out to breakfast and Warrick is soon shot
    Season 9: Ray shoots a guy in self defense
    Season 10: Dr. Jekyll revealed/killed, Nick shot but makes it, Haskell stabs Ray

We don't know for sure how things exactly go down with Ray/Haskell, we all probably have some idea, but we don't know for sure yet

And Ray doesn't necessarily have to die to leave, Grissom, Sara, Wendy, Sofia, and Riley all left and they're still breathing

Some or I at least I do sometimes think of Talk CSI as how a majority of fans feel about the show

14. Desertwind

This movie "CONTAGION", won't be released tll October 2011, and his baby daughter is now 3, and he was in D.C. for part of the summer for his play "Thurgood" and was in Chicago while filming "Contagion", so part of this is correct, part not. He does go all over the country to do plays and movies. And on the "majority" of fans, that's a huge fan base, not all CSI fans are on fan-sites. Also they've got scouts/spys so to speak reporting what the fans are saying about the whole show and the characters. I think that what it means~I'm one fan who hopes he does stay, but the handwriting, to me is on the proverbial wall:(

15. Robinjn

Robinjn Prime Suspect

So, according to industry spies, the majority of the fan base says Ray should go, so Carol Mendelsohn is going to say, "Okey dokey, he's out."? Not bloody likely.

There's another board I used to be on that is actually taking credit for all the positive things happening this season on CSI because there's "no doubt in their minds" that TPTB reads their board and is listening to them.

TPTB are going to do exactly what they want to do and hope the fans like it. And the only message that is going to get through is that if people don't like it, they'll stop watching. That hasn't happened enough to make a difference. People would rather watch and b*tch about it than turn the channel. At least that's been my experience.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.