Season 11 "Spoiler Lab" Discussion Part 3

Status
Not open for further replies.
From the TV Guide it states that we will be introduced to Rays 'WIFE' not his ex., and he's always worn a wedding ring since the onset. It states that Toward the end of the season, Mrs. Langston will play a pivotal role" explains showrunner Carol Mendelsohn~ [can't wait];)

That was accurate information at the time. Months have gone by now and writers are always changing things on shows. It's quite possible they decided to go in the direction of ex-wife, since there hasn't even been a mention or sighting of her.

No Grissom. :(

'CSI' exclusive: Time to meet Gil's long lost mom!
Get ready for the mother of all CSI episodes, because we’re about to meet Gil Grissom’s long lost mother! EW has learned exclusively that Tony award-winning actress Phyllis Frelich will play the role of Mrs. Grissom — and go head-to-head with the new Mrs. Grissom — in an episode tentatively scheduled to air Feb. 3.

Here are the details: A murder occurs at a school for the deaf where Grissom’s mom is a professor. Sara (Jorja Fox) goes to investigate but ends up facing an unexpected challenge — a surprising lack of affection from her mother-in-law. Apparently, Grissom’s mom never felt that Sara was the one for her beloved Gil so the two women have a few fences to mend. The episode also stars Oscar winner Marlee Matlin as a school colleague who not only serves as Mrs. Grissom’s protege but used to date Gil. Guess who momma Grissom prefers?

Sadly, William Petersen won’t appear in the episode. (Fans are supposed to think that Gil is contantly on the move so he and Sara maintain a long-distance relationship.) But the story is a continuation of an arc that started way back in season one’s memorable “Sound of Silence” episode, in which we first learn that our hero can sign because he grew up with a deaf mother.

Frelich, who is deaf, won a Tony Award for her work in the 1980 Broadway production of Children of a Lesser God — the play that inspired the movie of the same name that starred Matlin, who won an Oscar for her role. Frelich has also appeared in numerous TV shows, including ER, Diagnosis: Murder and L.A. Law

You know what I think CSI should do. I think they should have holographic images of Grissom in the show. Billy could do his scenes and then they can put him in..seriously..it can be done..;):lol:

You know what I think CSI should do. I think they should have holographic images of Grissom in the show. Billy could do his scenes and then they can put him in..seriously..it can be done..;):lol:

Or, they can have him phone in?

With all of the product placements lately, it's not out of the realm of possibility that Sara would video call her man on her HTC EVO using the Sprint 4G network. ;)

Or, they can have him phone in?

With all of the product placements lately, it's not out of the realm of possibility that Sara would video call her man on her HTC EVO using the Sprint 4G network. ;)

:guffaw:

This season is pretty much focused on the characters personal lives. I actually like it as long as it won't take too much time. When it comes to crime shows, CSI is the most consistent in forensic contents. They don't need to mess with that.

I hope this upcoming Ray stuff won't be another set-up for another Ray/Haskell showdown. Please. I hate to see Haskell again and his stupid smirks.

I hope this upcoming Ray stuff won't be another set-up for another Ray/Haskell showdown. Please. I hate to see Haskell again and his stupid smirks.

I agree with you there. I do not want any more Haskell. Enough of him already.

Seriously I've been thinking the same thing. Can't they at least get WP to do a voice over in a phone convo? Been done plenty of times. Easy enough. Pleaaase just to hear his voice! :)

Even if WP won't do a voice over, they could at least have Sara talking on the telephone to him once in awhile. I know she's usually at work and personal phone calls are probably discouraged, but hey this is tv, they don't always follow the expected protocols anyway.

True! lol or what about texting? Even for someone to be like "Another body?" "No just my hubby saying goodnight." :)

That was accurate information at the time. Months have gone by now and writers are always changing things on shows. It's quite possible they decided to go in the direction of ex-wife, since there hasn't even been a mention or sighting of her.

OK, but if in fact he's divorced, why is he still wearing the wedding ring?:confused: When one is divorced they take off the wedding ring, don't they? and another ex. What's up with that? I have to say I'd like to see the continuity of Nick, and what Cath told him about "talking to someone" to help him through his trauma's. I feel that Nick is the "rock of the team" and if he wants or needs to seek thearpy, then the writers should follow up on that story, rather then re-winding into the past "people", that we don't know of, or that some fans have little or no interest in:(

So sad that WP is not going to be in the episode about Grissom's mother.I hope he can come back for Catherine exit episode.

OK, but if in fact he's divorced, why is he still wearing the wedding ring?:confused: When one is divorced they take off the wedding ring, don't they? and another ex. What's up with that?

I get the impression from the spoilers that they might be separated and the whole 'Ray moving on with his life' is the wife arriving to have divorce papers signed or something along those lines. That's about as much thought or interest i'm putting into that storyline (here's hoping it's a non-marg episode).

As for Nick, they seem to have dropped/discontinued the Therapy storyline for now at least, surely they must have a big 'Nick' episode planned as all the other characters are having personal storylines.

OK, but if in fact he's divorced, why is he still wearing the wedding ring?:confused: When one is divorced they take off the wedding ring, don't they? and another ex. What's up with that?

I get the impression from the spoilers that they might be separated and the whole 'Ray moving on with his life' is the wife arriving to have divorce papers signed or something along those lines. That's about as much thought or interest i'm putting into that storyline (here's hoping it's a non-marg episode).

As for Nick, they seem to have dropped/discontinued the Therapy storyline for now at least, surely they must have a big 'Nick' episode planned as all the other characters are having personal storylines.

Thanks Sinclair your probably right, I will be glad when the holidays are over and we get to see "new episodes". I haven't seen anything anywhere about this "All That Cremains", except a tiny snippet on here:confused:

I wondered the same thing about the divorce papers, OR if they were already divorced, BUT Ray couldn't accept it/didn't want the divorce, thus still wearing his wedding ring. Of course in 'CSI world' the fact that people don't live together doesn't necessarily mean they aren't living happily ever after. :p

Just watching a repeat of csi on spike. Ray is opening a package from 'Gloria Parks'. It's his dad's memorabilia from the war. Gloria is his wife, right? Different last name, hmmmm...

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back