Season 11 "Spoiler Lab" Discussion Part 3

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is incredible news! Both Phyllis and Marlee; couldn't ask for better casting.
I might even forgive them the Beiber episodes if this one is done well.
I'm beyond excited!

There's goes my Betty White fantasy..:(

Marlee Matlin..I love her..she's an amazing actress!

I'm with kabcsi here - We don't know how long Momma Grissom has been in LV, so let's wait till the evidence is in ;)

I've noticed (on JFO) a LOT of people jumping to conclusions based on Fan Fiction. Remember we know next to nothing about Grissom's mother, and even what we do know hasn't been cannonized. Character bibles and official books are always subject to change. Remember, Nick was supposed to be a bad-ass on a motorcycle ;)

So seriously where is the CSI we all used to love?! :(

I mean really... the epsiode with Greg and this femme fatale woman and the Grissom's mom show have nothing to do with it! Both of them remind me of badly written fanfics! :scream:

Is this supposed to make you watch this show? If so in my case it didn't work at all! :(

All the romance stuff we get this season... I mean really... they said once that CSI wasn't about that... and there they go letting a CSI have a love interest who will most likely be involved in a case :rolleyes:

And then the Grissom's mom thing... wish to know what this is supposed to be...

All that really doesn't make me excited for the future episodes... it makes me sad :(

Wait. We're supposed to believe that Grissom's mother has been in Vegas and teaching this whole time and we've never heard or seen from her? :wtf: In fact, most of us thought she was dead!

LOL, exactly, Isn't Jorja Fox only doing 13 episodes this season ? Maybe this is her last hurrah, and then PHFFT.. gone, to Paris:rolleyes: Or how about this, they introduce us to Sara's mom, & her troubled past, or Greg's mom or Doc's wife or Super Daves. Or how about Hodges mom, he's mentioned her many times. People who are actually on the show now. It doesn't seem like Grissom had a very close relationship with his mother:confused:Really off the wall, I hope there's a reason for this, because I as of now don't see any viable reason why there bringing 2 people from his past on, when he's gone~

I mean really... the epsiode with Greg and this femme fatale woman and the Grissom's mom show have nothing to do with it! Both of them remind me of badly written fanfics! :scream:

Is this supposed to make you watch this show? If so in my case it didn't work at all! :(

All the romance stuff we get this season... I mean really... they said once that CSI wasn't about that... and there they go letting a CSI have a love interest who will most likely be involved in a case :rolleyes:

And then the Grissom's mom thing... wish to know what this is supposed to be...

All that really doesn't make me excited for the future episodes... it makes me sad :(

I agree with you on some level, I don't understand why all of a sudden all the characters are in a relationship, Grissom/Sara (which was fine because it was only one relationship) Wendy/Hodges, Catherine/Vartann, and now Greg/weird lady...I'm a little displeased with this pairing off of characters, its not needed.

But I feel that some people prefer the Crime and forensics, while others really like the character developement and drama. While I think the forensics got people interested, ultimately the characters are what made most of them stay, so I can understand the decision to want to have stories that dwelve into the characters, which i think kthe Grissom momma episodes can provide, if they do it right and not make it to much of a Young and the Restless (soap opera in case you all didn't know).

But, yeah, I can see the soap opera move of a desperate want to get viewers coming along.

Wait. We're supposed to believe that Grissom's mother has been in Vegas and teaching this whole time and we've never heard or seen from her? :wtf: In fact, most of us thought she was dead!

LOL, exactly, Isn't Jorja Fox only doing 13 episodes this season ? Maybe this is her last hurrah, and then PHFFT.. gone, to Paris:rolleyes: Or how about this, they introduce us to Sara's mom, & her troubled past, or Greg's mom or Doc's wife or Super Daves. Or how about Hodges mom, he's mentioned her many times. People who are actually on the show now. It doesn't seem like Grissom had a very close relationship with his mother:confused:Really off the wall, I hope there's a reason for this, because I as of now don't see any viable reason why there bringing 2 people from his past on, when he's gone~
Will you ever accept that Grissom is Sara's family?:rolleyes:

and now Greg/weird lady

LOL that made me laugh so hard. I don't mind Greg getting a little lovin', but I kind of wish it was a normal character and not the "suspect of the week" character that he was getting said loving from LOL.

WHEN A BODY IS DISCOVERED ON THE SIDE OF THE ROAD WITH ODD BURN MARKS, THE CSIs CONNECT THE CRIME TO EXECUTION BY ELECTRIC CHAIR -- AND TO AN INFAMOUS VEGAS MURDER, ON "CSI: CRIME SCENE INVESTIGATION," THURSDAY, JANUARY 13.

Burlesque Artist Dita Von Teese Guest Stars as Greg's New Love Interest, Ellen

"A Kiss Before Frying" -- When a body is discovered on the side of the road with odd burn marks, the CSIs connect the crime to execution by electric chair--and to an infamous Vegas murder. Meanwhile, Greg asks out Ellen, a pretty school teacher and and forensics enthusiast who has been touring the crime lab, on CSI: Crime Scene Investigation, Thursday, January 13.

SERIES REGULARS:
Dr. Raymond Langston -- Laurence Fishburne
Catherine Willows -- Marg Helgenberger
Nick Stokes -- George Eads
Captain Jim Brass -- Paul Guilfoyle
Greg Sanders -- Eric Szmanda
Dr. Robbins -- Robert David Hall
David Phillips -- David Berman
Hodges -- Wallace Langham

RECURRING CAST:
Archie Kao -- Archie Johnson
Jon Wellner -- Henry Andrews

GUEST CAST:
Dita Von Teese -- Ellen Whitebridge
Andrew Howard -- Johannes Desmoot
Jeffrey D. Stevens -- Paramedic
Jim Pirri -- Roderich Hammerbacher
Dita Von Teese -- Agnes
Michael Adam Hamilton -- Boris Kuchko
Kathleen M. Darcy -- Nice Lady On Tour
Charles Hutchins -- Elderly Man On Tour
Steven J. Oliver -- Bartender
Tim Aslin -- Young Uni

WRITTEN BY: Evan Dunsky
DIRECTED BY: Brad Tannenbaum
No Sara? Darn. :(

Last edited:

Well, given the plethora of fanfiction out there it is almost inevitable that ideas would overlap. There was an explosive powder used in "Fracked" that I had used in a story I wrote. (I totally geeked out when I saw it too! :lol:)

I do want to point out though that characters have gotten involved with suspects in the past. This was during the days some would refer to as the "Golden Age" of CSI too. In all of the occurrences Nick met up with Kristy, she was involved in some form of legal doghouse. Warrick flirted with the jazz singer, someone who was involved in the crime, in "Primum Non Nocere". Lady Heather's innocence was called into question many times and Grissom provided her with an alibi - a dubious move pointed out by the others. Each of the occasions can be defended by saying that they didn't know at the time or that they believed their interest was innocent.

With Greg and Dita, we're making a lot of assumptions on what is going to happen. Do we know the circumstances of their meeting? Here's Eric's quote on the episode: "I'm excited fans will finally delve into Greg's mysterious private world. This is by far the biggest episode I've ever had!" Given that his character is intrigued with the Vegas of the 1930s and '40s, and that Dita herself is known for performing vintage era shows in this style, it is conceivable that Greg visits burlesque shows on his off time and would have met her. Is it fanfictiony? Of course! But then again, the same could be said about a young, naive criminologist trying to save a hooker with a heart of gold or a stiff, socially isolated older scientist suddenly becoming beguiled by a dominatrix.

I hope this isn't coming off as defensive. That isn't what I'm going for. I'm trying to restore faith, you could say. I might be a little biased when it comes to Greg, but I demand good storytelling too. Trust me, had they decided to have him get involved with any other kind of suspect then I would have cried foul. This one, for me, meshes with him though. All I'm saying is if we enjoyed those episodes in the past (and I know not everyone did and that's perfectly fine) that had similar circumstances, as mentioned above, then why can't we enjoy this one?

Crap, now I'm getting preachy. Just want to make sure I'm clear here. I'm not being defensive nor am I assaulting anyone. Hell, I'm typing this with a slightly amused smirk on my face. I'm just presenting my own thoughts and enjoying a discussion. Now feel free to eviscerate me. :lol:

Edit: And of course I post this just after Vegaslights explains that it's Dita's school teacher alter-ego. Go figure. Now I feel stupid. :lol:

I think they are doing a lot of these more personal storylines because they know the show is going to be coming to an end soon. Plus I think they are listening to their actors and giving them a chance to have a storyline played out that maybe they have been looking for all these years. That is how I see some of these new odd storylines coming about. I know Eric has been saying for years that he would like to see his character's life outside of work once. Now he is getting that chance.

Based on the press release, I can see Greg falling for this woman since it is in normal circumstances, her touring the lab and being interested in forensics.

That was my initial reaction when I didn't see her name lol

SUPER excited for the two Mrs. Grissoms episode! Excellent casting! Can't wait!

All right! I'm going to come in here now and demand what *I* want with all of the talk about Greg's big episode, Sara's mother in law/Grissom's mom, Ray's wife and the trial, and Catherine in peril. :lol: I want my promised Nick continuity with the therapy, etc.! :) There. I said it. :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back