Season 11 "Spoiler Lab" Discussion Part 2

Discussion in 'CSI: Crime Scene Investigation' started by DJRideout, Jul 27, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Gremine

Gremine Rookie

Skwhat? Creepy but funny.:lol: I am not sure i find him scary right now but the idea is really creepy. Intersting.

:guffaw:Yeah yeah same here.Ouch...

2. SpasmThatCat

SpasmThatCat Police Officer

Seriously, I would give anything...ANYTHING to write that episode with Eric and Dita in it! It would go something like this:

Greg, ticked off that his book has gone absolutely nowhere, decides instead to write a murder-mystery, figuring he knows enough about the subject. And, of course, Greg being Greg, he writes it in a film-noir style and sets it in LA, in the 1950's Hollywood heydey. Casting the team he works with as the characters of the novel, he immediately makes himself the hero private-eye detective, with Nick as his not-quite-as-smart-as-him partner. Ray is the mob boss in charge of the studio, with Hodges as his weasley, ineffective assistant. Catherine is the glamourous actress, and Brass is the movie producer, with a bespectacled, geeky, yet sexy Sara as his secretary, who's always had a crush on Greg's character but which he's never reciprocated. Then there's Grissom, who's the retired expert that Greg has to go to for advice when he hits a dead end. And finally, there's the Hollywood femme fatale who he falls for, and who falls for him, but who he ultimately has to put away for being a cold-blooded murderess...

:D

3. AFIS

AFIS Lab Technician

Hmmm...looks like this episode might have to be a special two hour event. This is sounding like a good episode idea. It would really take it to the next level though if they shot in black and white like they did in Rashomama when Greg was telling his part of the story. If only CSI did fan made episodes...:lol:

4. PraetorCorvinus

PraetorCorvinus Moderator Moderator

I would SO watch that! :lol:

5. SpasmThatCat

Thanks, Praetor! :D

Ooh, now I like that idea. Maybe with those splashes of colour too and, of course, Greg's humour...
    If only, eh!

6. hiphugger17

hiphugger17 Coroner

I would watch too!!!! I'm liking these ideas so much I'm probably going to be dissapointed when the episode airs. :lol:

7. Smokey

Smokey Nickaholic Moderator

Please remember, we have a "wish list" thread for what you'd like to see on the show (somewhere around here...or you could make one) and also a fan fiction thread. :)

8. SpasmThatCat

Sorry, I got kind of carried away with the idea and didn't know there was a Wish List. :(

9. Smokey

Smokey Nickaholic Moderator

It's okay! No need for frownies around here! :)

Here is the case request thread if anyone wants to use it.

But really...your idea is creative! :) Why don't you write it as a fic?

10. ladyhunter

ladyhunter Head of the Swing Shift

Mmmkay, just saw the promo for the Sqweegel episode. Looks creepy.

Part of me wants to watch because it is different, takes the emphasis off the romance, hook-ups, etc..

But another part of me thinks it's going to be way too creepy and disturbing even for CSI.

Don't get me wrong, CSI has touched on some pretty disturbing things in the past, but this guy is very, very dark, especially when he's been alluded to raping women also. I'm not sure I can stand to watch that.

11. KaiLUxO

KaiLUxO Police Officer

GREAT idea SpasmThatCat! Definitely write it as a fic. I'd read it :)

12. vegaslights

vegaslights Brute

Episode 8 is titled "Fracked."

The team will investigate a series of deaths related to an energy company's grotesque cover-up of tainted water.

13. Half

Half CSI Level Two

So... once again Marg is in Erin Brockovich?

I love the title by the way. I'm thinking of the resident Ravenclaw from PotterCast, but I know that some scifi show basically used that was a substitute for the F-word (though the spelling might be different), so it's making me laugh. :lol:

ETA: It's a CBS video so I don't know if it can be viewed outside the US, but the promo for 11x03 is now on YouTube.

Last edited: Oct 1, 2010
  14. Grissom rules

Grissom rules CSI Level Two

15. A. FineLabrats

A. FineLabrats Rookie

They have to have Greg fall for Dita because that's EXACTLY his character. It's him personified to lust after that type of woman, so to not do it because "there's enough romance" is a disservice to his character. If anything, it's the writers' fault for being shortsighted in giving too many other characters romances. It's Greg's turn.

Last edited: Oct 1, 2010
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.