Season 11 "Spoiler Lab" Discussion Part 2

Discussion in 'CSI: Crime Scene Investigation' started by DJRideout, Jul 27, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. myfuturecsi

myfuturecsi Corpse

"Getting persona' could men lots of things, however.

2. Marril96

Marril96 Police Officer

We can always hope :D

3. GregNickRyanFan

GregNickRyanFan Holographic Moderator Moderator

I just hope they don't pull a Kristy again. What I mean by that is, I hope that if her character ends up getting killed that Greg won't be a suspect. Been there, done that with both Nick and Warrick. Not to mention Ray was accused of it last season (not with a romantic interest of course, but nevertheless) and Horatio on Miami also had to deal with a similar situation when Walter Resden killed his girlfriend and framed him for it.

And can someone please explain to me exactly what a femme fatale is? I mean I kind of know, but I don't. :lol:

4. frickangel

frickangel Prime Suspect

According to the powers of online dictionaries:

5. LionsHeart

LionsHeart Lab Technician

I'm really happy Greg is finally getting a storyline. Every time I think about it I get this stupid grin in my face. We've been waiting this for far too long.:D

I can't say I'm that exited about the romance thing,asuming if it's true, since I've got pretty strong opinion on who Greg should be dating/is dating.But I guess I learn to live with it.

6. PraetorCorvinus

PraetorCorvinus Moderator Moderator

My main question is: Is she going to be a femme fatale to Greg? Or is she a vamp who happens to fall for Greg?

7. GregNickRyanFan

In that case, I hope its definition #2. I don't want Greg in any dangerous or compromising situations involving a love interest cause that is too close to Nick/Kristy and Warrick/Joanna (or whatever that girl's name was).

Good question. Maybe it'll be more of a backstory type of thing on Greg. Meaning... maybe she'll be an ex gf of Greg's and she'll be the vic in the episode, but Greg will flashback to the time he spent with her in the past. Maybe she won't actually be a current love interest. I think that would make the most sense if she's only in one episode.

8. NickyFan

NickyFan Coroner

Oh man, they really need the 'big famous people' on the show this year, don't they? :rolleyes:

I don't know this Dita Von Teese lady but I guess that's just me :lol:

Anyway, I'm really sure they're giving Greg the storyline because they're buddies and it was easier to get Von Teese on the show that way. I don't even think they give Greg this episode just because his fans wanted it... my guess is that it makes things easier for the 'big star'.

As for the connection between Greg and this woman... I'm sure the woman is a femme fatal to Greg, since I don't really see him as a ladies man or the kind of guy who gets all the woman he wants...

I just hope they don't get too much into detail :shifty:

9. AFIS

AFIS Lab Technician

Is it just me or is everyone on CSI finding someone to hook-up with? Nick, Greg, Catherine, Sara...oh wait that's everyone. Is it just me or do I see a shark and a ramp in CSI's future?:lol:

10. Speedystokesgirl

Speedystokesgirl Judge

Well, we're getting the shark :lol:

Hey, they all deserve love lives. I don't think Nick will be getting one. They keep saying it and he never does. Of course, being that he's my favorite character I don't know if I want him to have one. :lol: Then I can't get him. :lol::lol:

And Nickyfan, Dita isn't a big star. I've never heard of her until now.

11. bill_az

bill_az Rookie

Let's put it this way: she thought it was a great idea to marry Marilyn Manson. :shifty:

If they have to fill all 25 episodes with a star, I have a few suggestions, given the current list. so far:

- Donald Sutherland. If you're gonna have Elliot Gould, you might as well get Hawkeye Pierce, too. He could play the college professor from Faber College (did someone just say Animal House? :rolleyes: ) who comes down to Las Vegas, and gets mixed up in the murder of a showgirl, played by Kat von D. Guest stars Mark Metcalf as Niedermayer, and John Vernon as Dean Wormer.

- Chevy Chase. Speaking of washed up SNL alums, Chevy has been to Las Vegas before in the horrible Vacation film. Chevy comes to play at a charity golf tournament, only to be killed in his room by a psychotic Ron Saris, who has moved from Miami. Guest stars Eldrick Woods (strippers & Tiger go together like milk & cookies) and John Daly. Lord knows he could use a paycheck about now.

- Wayne Newton. C'mon. Nothing is more Vegas than Wayne. I'm imagining something about a bomb going off during one of his performances. Guest star: Montecore, the white tiger who ate Roy Horn.

- Billy the Exterminator. As long as we're booking second-banana reality stars from A&E, how about this for a story line: a grisly murder involving exotic alligators in Las Vegas leads back to the biological home of the animals: Louisiana. While Catherine minds the investigation in Sin City, Nick and Greg channel Grissom's formaldehyde pig and head to the Big Easy, to collaborate with New Orleans CSI. The track leads to Billy's exterminating business, where his brother Keith is killing more than pests. Guest stars Melina Kankaredes as the New Orleans CSI boss. Special guest appearance by Calleigh Duquesne, who has brought her new baby daddy Eric Delko back to meet her family on the bayou. :guffaw:

Last edited: Sep 29, 2010
  12. PraetorCorvinus

PraetorCorvinus Moderator Moderator

I don't really see this as an example of tptb seeking out Von Teese for her 'star' quality. I would hazard a guess and say that it was Eric who came to them and said his friend wouldn't mind being on the show. She is well known for playing the burlesque route and the writers might have seen a unique opportunity to bring in another unusual storyline/case.

Another possibility could be that one of the writers or directors (I can see it being DLA) knew of Von Teese and her connection to Eric and wrote the part/episode specifically for them. They have utilized Eric's connections in the past.

13. NickyFan

NickyFan Coroner

Yeah, I could see that, Praetor :) Would make sense too...

It's kind of funny that we already know what will happen in episode 11 of the season, since the premiere was only last week :lol:

14. jafox

jafox CSI Level Two

Should I start lobbying now for Mandy and Henry?

Surely, CSI will implode with all this romance in one season. It is a procedural, after all. :D

What's interesting to me is that when Grissom was there, every new female character was a potential love interest for him; now, it seems to be Nick. :lol:

Oh well, I am intrigued by Greg's storyline, although I'm having a hard time picturing him romantically involved with a femme fatale. But, hey, GO GREGGO!

Last edited: Sep 29, 2010
  15. GregNickRyanFan

:guffaw: That was a good one, speedy! :D

All I knew/know about Dita is that she's friends with Eric and is Marilyn Manson's ex (although I didn't know they'd been married lol). Other than that, I had no clue of anything about her.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.