Season 10 *Spoiler Lab* Discussion P1

Discussion in 'CSI: Crime Scene Investigation' started by Destiny, Jul 15, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Destiny

Destiny Still Sanity Challenged! Premium Member

Using that example: IF the spoiler says that Catherine and Brass share a romantic moment then yes that scene/episode & ship can be discussed, as it pertains to it. Anything beyond that should be done in shipper central. The same goes for episode discussion threads when they go up, as long as it applies to that ep, a scene in that ep, then it can be discussed in that thread.

These are not new rules we are just applying, these rules have been in affect and dealt with for many seasons in this [and other] forum.

2. nanigsr

nanigsr Witness

PraetorCorvinus: Since season 1 epi 1 the show did focus on the personal lives of the characters. Of 9.11 to 9.24 was less personal lives and more crime show,and was the worse season that i had seen ever.

3. Drumchik

Drumchik Captain

:guffaw::guffaw::guffaw::guffaw:HAHAHHA. Seriously. No.:rolleyes:

4. jafox

jafox CSI Level Two

I actually love the line, "the world according to Sara Sidle". It has a nice ring to it. :)

As someone mentioned earlier, I think it may be more of Sara coming in and giving an outsider's perspective. Maybe she helps Catherine figure out how to better balance her personal life with her work in order to avoid burnout. Sara should have some insight into this, especially since she feels that now she can return to the job, even if it is temporary. Assuming that Sara is happier in her personal life, it may make the job more tolerable. Maybe Catherine learns to delegate more, and that is how Nick comes to be promoted to whatever position he is promoted to.
    Maybe the season opens with Catherine overworked and exasperated with lack of Lindey-time. Lindsey is going off to college soon, and Catherine may feel that she has missed a lot of her daughter's growing up and wants to spend more time with her. This would go along with the 'family' theme of the season.

5. PraetorCorvinus

PraetorCorvinus Moderator Moderator

^

That's something I can get behind. I like the idea that Sara might only mention something in passing that gives Catherine the idea to do whatever it is she's going to do. It's a win-win.:)

The idea of Ray or somebody else as a serial-killer is...intriguing. I love 'Dexter' so seeing something like that would be awesome. Not as a vigilante sociopath but an actual evil psychopath. :evil:

6. Shytownmofo

Shytownmofo Lab Technician

I would actually like that, as ambivalent as I am about Sara coming back.

I love the idea of Catherine getting some more expertise, because it seems the experiment in Season 5 did not work out so well for her. I'd also like to see her get some of her humanity back, as when the show first started, she came across as nicer and more human. Some of the stuff that went down, like with the reverse forensics, the "Leo" guy from 1,000 Days on Earth etc, made me feel like she lost some of that. I don't know if her head got big becoming a supervisor, the personal stuff she'd been through with Sam Braun, Eddie Dying, Lindsay's transformation into All Teen Rebel, or whatever.

I'd also love to see Nick get promoted in whatever capacity. He deserves it. He's proven he is the rock of the team. Tough when he has to be, human always. I also want Sara to be there when he does get it, because she was so wrapped up in getting it, and I got the impression that Nick was completely unattached to it. I so want to see her reaction.

As far as the Ray thing goes, I didn't see any episodes after Grissom left, as I had class on Thursday nights, so I really can't comment on that. If they did make him "Super Supervisor Ray" right away, that's lame.

Mainly, for this upcoming season, I want Balanced Screentime for all, especialy the people who have been there since Season 1 and haven't left, I want plausible plot lines that don't mess with the Canon of the show (like moving Nick's b-day from August to February,), and no more cast additions, unless it's Louise Lombard coming back to play Sophia. I also wouldn't mind Wendy going from Labrat to CSI. Then they could bring back Mia to be DNA tech.

7. GregNickRyanFan

GregNickRyanFan Holographic Moderator Moderator

I wouldn't want Mia back. I didn't care for her that much. I liked her chemistry with Warrick, but since he's gone, no sense in her returning IMO.

8. kkennedytx

kkennedytx Rookie

I wouldn't like it--sounds quite a bit like the S3 finale of "Bones".

9. GregNickRyanFan

I disagree. I don't think it's anything like the storyline on Bones. On Bones, Zach didn't actually kill anyone (and it was only one person anyway that he was accused of killing). All he did was tell the killer where the target was staying. But, if he tells the police that, he'll go to jail rather than a mental instituition and he wouldn't do well in jail (his words I believe). Since we're talking about a serial killer here, I don't think it's anything like Bones. Plus, if it were Ray, it's not the same anyway. We were all quite attached to Zach, he was a fan favorite and had been with the show since the beginning. With Ray, he hasn't been there since the beginning and they already laid the groundwork with the comments they made about the character before he debuted on the show. So, I think it's an entirely different storyline. The only similiarity being that it would be a team member. Zach is/was incredibly passive and not a believable killer in the first place. We've never even seen him get really angry. Ray on the otherhand did grab one suspect one time, so he's got some aggressive tendencies, he just controls them better than some people. Plus, if they did the split personality storyline, it'd be way different than Bones. Zach didn't have a split personality.

10. PraetorCorvinus

PraetorCorvinus Moderator Moderator

I should clarify: I don't really care for the idea of Ray being a serial killer, but somebody in the lab. Not any of the established characters either. Maybe a CSI from day shift. Just a thought

11. Ipstenu

Ipstenu Police Officer Premium Member

Ecklie.

Seriously, it should be someone we know and 'care' about. Ecklie, the serial killer, was actually the brains behind Paul Millander ;) Hey, it'd be a shocker!

12. GregNickRyanFan

:lol: I was gonna suggest maybe Ecklie. :lol: Or maybe it could be someone like a mayor or senator or something along those lines... someone who knew the law inside and out and someone that it was hard to pin it on. But, they sort of did that with McKeen so... I dunno. Ecklie being the undersheriff now and with McKeen having been the undersheriff when he killed at least two people (Pritchard and Warrick), I would think if it were Ecklie it would be a little redundant. Maybe they could bring Maddie back and make her the serial killer. :lol:

13. Kasey47

Kasey47 Police Officer

Super Dave...

Now who would have seen THAT coming????

14. GregNickRyanFan

:lol: That would be a shock.

15. Speedystokesgirl

Speedystokesgirl Judge

Nooooooooooo :eek: not my Super Dave! He's my favorite lab rat!

Ok, it would be a shock, but nooooooooooooo!

I know who it is, I do, I do! It's Lindsey!! Lindsey is the serial killer. They think its a man, but it's not.

Alright, I really don't know if it's her, just throwing that out there. :lol:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.