Script Errors, Mistakes & Goofs

Discussion in 'CSI: Crime Scene Investigation' started by Guest, Jul 3, 2005.

1. CSI_Sidle2399

CSI_Sidle2399 Rookie

Re: CSI Script Mistakes

i found in a couple of episodes if you look at the dead person, sometimes you can see their eyes blink.

2. Dynamo1

Dynamo1 Head of the Swing Shift

That would be more of a filming or editing mistake, not a script mistake. But, it is still fun to catch.

3. SA_Kate_937

SA_Kate_937 Police Officer

I agree with all of that. I HATE when they picky something up, put it back and only then photograph.

The masks, I forgive them for. If they were always wearing masks when they were talking, it would ruin it.

It is also like, how they are supposed to wear covering for their hair, mouth and over all body, when at a scene, but don't. Just imagine how horrible it would be if they were always covered and you couldn't see them properly. It would ruin some of the BEST scenes.

Bout the whole, no glove thing. In 5x08 Ch-Ch-Changes. The scene where Greg is processing the 'supposedly' destroyed video cassete tape for prints. He is NOT wearing gloves..... I was shocked.

But, that is what you get when you watch any TV show. :)

4. allmaple

allmaple Judge

Re: Errors

ok, thanks to human genetics class today i have a biggie :D especially for a show that does so much research about the science they present.

in the episode 'werewolves' it is pretty much genetically imposible for the twins to have turned out the way they did. short of an extremely improbable mutation in the mother, you cannot get offspring with hypertrichosis from two unaffected parents. this episode is especially wrong for the son, since the disorder is dominant and x-linked an affected male must have an affected mother.
    you could have an affected daughter from a normal mother, but the father would have to have it so it should have been of no surprise to the mother when they were born.
    just found this interesting in class today and thought some other people might like it too :)

5. sarahvma

sarahvma Captain

That's really cool, actually, allmaple - quick question about the dad for those who remember: what did they say happened with him anyway?

6. allmaple

allmaple Judge

i think the mother said he left after the babies were born. ignoring the son (because the mother is normal you cant possibly get an affected son) the dad would have it to make allison. so i guess a whole mess of errors in that one. i bet the writers arent thinking genetics majors are watching the show :lol:

7. ladyhunter

ladyhunter Head of the Swing Shift

^^that episode was just to weird anyway IMO
    thanks for pointing that out anyway allmaple

8. 4ENSIX

4ENSIX Pathologist

Yeah, they really screwed up Paul Millander, in a lot of ways. I think the storyline is good, but the errors get me every time. Plus all three PM stories get boring. Most other eps I can watch again and again...but not those ones. They're only interesting the first time.

Anyway, another goof:
    In "Fahrenheit 932", they show a flashback to when the guy opens the door and the flames come shooting out. But it's really obvious that the doorframe wasn't scorched! It's a major plot point...kind of funny, if you ask me. :confused:

9. xfcanadian

xfcanadian Pathologist

omg, i go to guelph, and right now i am doing my human genetics PBL assignment...freaky...

10. mrb105

mrb105 Pathologist

Alright I got one I just noticed.

In Living Legend, Catherine was 16 years old when she met and talked to Mickey Dunn, but in her bio on cbs.com, it says she was at least 18 years old before first moving to Las Vegas.

11. beaujolais

beaujolais Lab Technician

Along the same lines, according to Brass' bio, he was born in '53, which would make the character 53 but in "Way to Go", they gave his age as 55. He just lost two years.

Maybe TPTB are just figuring out they can't make them as young as they originally did in the beginning because they age and at some point, moustaches and haircuts can't hide the fact that GE is turning 40 in a month or so and Nick really doesn't look 35.

12. MacsGirlMel

MacsGirlMel Mac's Personal Assistant

It may be on here but there's also the descrepency with Cath's birthplace. I like the theory someone put out that they switched it to facilitate the whole Sam Braun thing.

13. 4ENSIX

4ENSIX Pathologist

In 4x4, when Nick walks past Catherine and Warrick in the hallway, the first time (when Catherine and Warrick have the main case and are talking about Daluca and the condoms) he walks around on their left. The second time (when Nick has the main case and is on the phone with the headmaster of Butterfield Academy), he walks around on their right. My theory is that they did this to put the primary case closest to the camera each time.

14. McStokes

McStokes Pathologist

Kind of a goof, but also a nice recovery on George Eads' part...in "Chasing the Bus" when he's going through the guys camaro and tells Catherine he usually puts his wallet in the center compartment...he tries to ask her for the crowbar, but forgets the name of it "hand me that...uh..." and you see the slightest moment of panic on his face before he remembers to say "crowbar!"

15. softcake

softcake Pathologist

I remember that one, McStokes That was cute. :)
    In "Ch-ch-changes" when Nick tells Warrick he made Greg drive the way to the storage facility, he almost stumbles over the name...clears his throat and continues the sentence. I'm pretty sure he wanted to say "Eric" instead of "Greg" :D