Script Errors, Mistakes & Goofs

Re: CSI Script Mistakes

Okay folks this is going a bit off topic of the scripted eps lets try and get back on topic and remember this is about more then one Character. ;)

Well, on the DVD sets, they say, "Episodes are listed by order of original episode air date" or something like that. (I can't remember, I haven't watched my DVDs in awhile because of skipping reasons.) So basically, they could've shot the episodes around the same time, but aired them in a different order.

In the S2 episode "Scuba Doobie Doo", when Gris, Sara, and Warrick were destroying the walls of the apartment, they weren't wearing masks. And you're supposed to wear masks even if you're not around insulation. They were tearing down drywall and plaster and Warrick coughed in one scene and Sara wiped "chalk" off of Gris' face in another. If it was enough for it to make them cough and stick to their faces, it's enough to make them wear masks.

In the S2 episode "Scuba Doobie Doo", when Gris, Sara, and Warrick were destroying the walls of the apartment, they weren't wearing masks. And you're supposed to wear masks even if you're not around insulation. They were tearing down drywall and plaster and Warrick coughed in one scene and Sara wiped "chalk" off of Gris' face in another. If it was enough for it to make them cough and stick to their faces, it's enough to make them wear masks.

Similar to that - has anyone noticed that very rarely the CSIs will use masks while spraying luminol? Is it required or not?

Don't know if that's a script mistake, but tonight I watched Happenstance and I noticed Warrick picking up some cables, looking at them, putting them back and THEN taking a picture. I notice they do this once in a while - pick up stuff, look at it, put it back, take a pic... Isn't this tempting with the evidence?

Not a script mistake, but a filming mistake: In BTK2 when Lindsey is being rescued and Warrick is taking the tape off her, in one quick shot you see her with tape still on both wrists, he then takes the tape off her left wrist and magically the tape is already gone from the other wrist.

sarahvma said:

Similar to that - has anyone noticed that very rarely the CSIs will use masks while spraying luminol? Is it required or not?

Well, I looked on the CSI site on CBS.com and it said nothing about them having to wear masks while using Luminol. According to them, Luminol is a "Chemiluminescent compound that, when sprayed on even trace amounts of blood, reacts with the iron in the hemoglobin and causes the blood spot to glow with a blue light; effective even on surfaces that have been wiped clean of visible blood."

But that's not the case in S3's episode "The Accused Is Entitled" when Grissom sprayed Luminol in the golf club carrying case and the bleach that it had been cleaned with reacted with it, causing the whole case to glow a neon blue. But even then Gris wore clear goggles. Maybe it's beacuse it's a liquid and they're afraid that they're gonna get it in their eyes. :) Who knows why they wear masks to spray Luminol?

Technically you should wear a mask when spraying ANY substance as you don't know how you, or what you may be spraying will react. I even have guys use masks if they are dusting a lot of areas for prints...print powder is obnoxious to deal with.

And the thing with them picking stuff up and then taking pictures...BIG no-no!

The (idiot) guys I work with list that as one of their big pet peeves. That, and the fact that we've seen them handle things without gloves on.

Well, you know, if they wear masks, it covers up their pretty faces, and then less people will watch the show, and we can't have that :rolleyes:

The thing about them touching evidence before it's photographed bugs me, too.

Well, you know, if they wear masks, it covers up their pretty faces, and then less people will watch the show, and we can't have that

lol!

Well, I've noticed that usually what they do is wear the masks while spraying, but then another CSI will show up, and they'll raise the mask. So I've always assumed it was just creative license to avoid making dialogue scenes hard to follow.

One of my gripes about Grey's Anatomy is just that - whenever they're around the surgical table, I can never tell who's talking to whom. I know it's procedure, but still. CSI was always smart in making a lot of the processing scenes mini silent movies with just music - that way you could watch what happens.

Yeah, they do seem to do a lot of evidence tampering if you ask me!! :lol:

I am always annoyed when I watch Unusual Suspect (season 6) and the ADA Jeffrey Sinclair (?) is watching the brother Marlon being interviewed and calls him 'Malcolm' by mistake... I'm sure from the look on Sara and Nick's faces (they kind of smile at each other) that they know it's wrong and are expecting someone to shout 'cut'. I noticed it straight away so I'm always surprised they kept it in.

edited for poor spelling...

I never noticed that! Now I'm gonna have to watch that episode again to check it out!

There was one epi very early on where Cath goes to the morgue and calls Doc Robbins David...what's his name on the show, Robert?

I always thought it strange that we have David Hodges AND a David (Super Dave) working in the morgue.

The doc's name on the show is Al short for Albert I think. Nick missed called him in season 1.

I am always annoyed when I watch Unusual Suspect (season 6) and the ADA Jeffrey Sinclair (?) is watching the brother Marlon being interviewed and calls him 'Malcolm' by mistake... I'm sure from the look on Sara and Nick's faces (they kind of smile at each other) that they know it's wrong and are expecting someone to shout 'cut'. I noticed it straight away so I'm always surprised they kept it in.

I always assumed, from their look, that it was intentional. It wouldn't be hard for the director to yell cut, and they would've done the scene several times. On top of that, Sara and Nick's expressions would've been a different take entirely.

So... I just figured it was their way of showing that the judicial system really doesn't care that much about individual cases.

Jacquie said:
The doc's name on the show is Al short for Albert I think. Nick missed called him in season 1.
Yep its "Albert" when Grissom was discussing the roller-coaster victims he said "Albert, dead people don't ride rollercoasters" :lol:

Back