Say NO to Homophobia

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by beautifulview, Feb 13, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Nienna Berylla

Nienna Berylla CSI Level Two

ok i had to read your post a few times over because i didnt understand the word punctuation. But now i do and i will be more carefull by wath i say..

2. MiaCharlize

MiaCharlize Coroner

No problem, I got what you were saying. It's just that your sentence was several lines long... And I know how it feels to be confused over words, I'd like to think my english is quite good for a german but I always have a dictionary near my pc.
    Ok, back on topic now ;)

3. screamingpoet

screamingpoet CSI Level One

I'm always disappointed when there's not a lot of shows with homosexual characters. And, when there are, sometimes the characters are so stereotypical and far-out it's not even worth watching. I've never watched "The L Word" but I've heard, all in all, that it's an okay show. A show I watch now, "Eureka," has one of the actresses that used to be in it. I don't know her name off the top of my head, though.

I'm writing an article on same-sex marriage for my school newspaper. And, something I'm very proud of for my high school at least, is that we're not a very cruel or prejudiced place. I mean, kids can come out or whatnot and won't be beat up or bashed. Some kid named Michael used to walk around with a purse and (a little) make-up and no one would remark on it. Sometimes kids would say it was weird, but you know, hey. And if people remark on a gay person, it's not because of the fact that they're gay; it's because they don't like them as a person.

I hate stereotyping, though. It pisses me off. I think it's one of the reasons society is starting to degrade.

4. MiaCharlize

MiaCharlize Coroner

You're right about stereotyping. I'm trying not to do it but I often find it hard to fight. There are so many stereotypes about every "kind" of people and they are so wide spread that it's almost impossible not to think them in certain situations. That doesn't mean I judge people on first sight, but I often catch myself stereotyping people on a first impression. It's just the way society and the media integrates them into everyday life, it's hard not to make certain connections in your head.

On a different note, your school sounds like a cool place to be at. People seem very accepting there.
    At my school most of the students never really cared much about each other. Everyone had their little group and was fine. People liked to gossip though, about basically anything that was worth their while. Like who does whom, who is gay, who has a boyfriend twice their age, stuff like that. Homosexuality was just one of the many things to speculate about.
    Still, noone was ever seriously bullied or outcast for being different in any way. There were a lot of weird people in my school. :rolleyes:

5. screamingpoet

screamingpoet CSI Level One

Gossip's still a big part of my school too. But it's not so much cruel gossip as it is people just liking to talk. I mean, of course people are still hurt by it. I mean, I remember my freshman year I went out with a guy (basically, I hooked up with him) and all the A-list girls decided it would be fun to start rumors. Hey, did she have sex with him? Yeah, she did. How about a blow-job? Yeah, that too. By the middle of the day, I had done everything with the guy, when I had only made out with him -- we were really good friends, too, and he made me feel beautiful. He was really mad about the whole thing. So was I.

I think that people who stereotype are so involved in that thought process that they don't really care to think about what the truth is. Like, they don't really want to know homosexual people or what they're really like. All they think is "fags" and other crap like that. I hate it.

6. Roosey

Roosey Captain

I don't actually know about my school. I don't know if there are any gay or bisexual people over there, but I'm sure there are. There is a lot of gossip though, especially by the more popular girls. Once there was this gossip about me, that I asked this kind of guy to kiss me. Cause I wanted to be a girl who's already been kissed or something. That's such bullshit! It's been 1 and a half year ago, and they're still talking about it. That's so sick!

I think it'll be rough time for a gay person to survive over there.

Btw! I remember one guy, who's gay. There's a lot of gossip about him at school, and it's even more rough for him, because his father is a teacher at our school.

7. Danique

Danique Rookie

There's a girl in my class, Jitske, and all the girls said that she asked a girl to kiss her...and they were all like : "omg how disgusting" and we don't know if she gay and all but how they reacted was just awful.. :(

My best friend and I always watch Will and Grace and we love it.. :D

btw my parents always told my sister and me that if we were gay that we can just say it and they don't care if I'm in love with a girl or a guy.. ;)

Sorry for this long post I just needed to get that of my chest.. :p

oh and MissRoosFox..I've also never kissed a guy before..so you're not the only one! :D

8. Roosey

Roosey Captain

Well, I have kissed a guy before, that was the actual guy the gossip was about. But he kissed me, just without asking and stuff. And I didn't like it.

9. Danique

Danique Rookie

oh..sorry.. :eek:

10. Roosey

Roosey Captain

Doesn't matter :p

^If I only post this, It'd be chatting. So I'm asking you something now, how would you react if you mum or dad was gay? lol, I'm a bit crazy atm.

11. Danique

Danique Rookie

Well..I would think it's weird he/she would find out now..they're married for 20 years.. :p but I think I wouldn't be angry, as long as they stay friends.. :p

12. saras_girlfriend

saras_girlfriend Coroner

My whole class knows I'm gay and no one has problems with it. They find it very cute when I talk about my girlfriend LOL.

13. Danique

Danique Rookie

I also think you need to make marriage between same sex legal..everywhere..More happy people = the best :D

and I think it's cute if someone's in love..doesn't matter if they are gay or not :D

14. MiaCharlize

MiaCharlize Coroner

If my mom were gay I'd be disgusted. Actually, if she were dating anyone (that I knew of) I'd be disgusted. Sounds harsh but she's my mother, I don't want to thinmk about her having a love-, let alone sex-life.
    My dad died two years ago. He's been living with a woman for a long time but had he been gay I think that would've been cool. Queer dads are the best. I'm jealous of my friend's friend who lives with her two dads.

15. Nienna Berylla

Nienna Berylla CSI Level Two

that would be strange but fun to have to dads more than two moms but i dont like my mother so much so thats more a fact.. Im not a shamed for who i am and if my dad didnt wanna talk about it than he have a problem and i would be hard if i found someone to introduce to him i think i will cry before the will meet each other..

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.