Say NO to Homophobia

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by beautifulview, Feb 13, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. pxzowiiey

pxzowiiey Prime Suspect

Here in portland OR. i'm not used to there being homophobes. most people are very open and accepting here and it was truely a shock what my class mate said today. so i was sitting there minding my own bisiness and hes like "oh whats that on your hand?" and i was like "just a note to bring money tomrrow because i'm gonna go buy brokeback" and then he just looked at me in horror and starting ranting about how sick that movie is. i was kinda taken back and siad "its just a love story" and he like flips out and starts telling mre how sick that is for two guys to love each other. so i was like "um excuse me? so you think my family is gross? i'll have you know that my uncle and his partner were thee happiest couple i've ever seen and they were there for each other 'til the end. and my two aunts? nicest people. and my other uncle? well hes a huge part of the san francisco community he does wonders for the landscape. so back off my family."
    all he said in return was "oh sorry but i guess im just a homophobe"
    i dont think my little speech did much but at least he wont say anything rude around me anymore. god i really didnt think people were like this here in portland...boy was i wrong. man this kinda stuff makes me sick to my stomach.
    -zoe
    (sorry my post is kinda long. i just had to get that off my chest)

2. CSIsMANIAC

CSIsMANIAC Captain

Flippin' out because you were going to buy a movie about two gays? Oh my gaw, that guy must be a prude or most likely homophobic! Sheesh.

Ouh, I went back to school last Friday and I met my juniour who is a bi. Ahh, she never changes. I didn't get the chance to say hi or whatever because she was the photographer for everything that day. Poor girl. Still, at least she was with her group of friends. Now I know she's in good hands.

Don't people know that by ignoring and boycotting won't really solve anything? I was 15 and she was 13. When she confessed to me, she was actually really jittery. Like she was afraid I will spank her or something. Then when I said, "Okay, so you're a bi", she nodded and sighed like this big load of weight was just lifted off her shoulders. The girls at school teased her though. But they finally came to terms with her SO and now they're getting along.....I think...heh, I should have said Hi. :p

3. JayneEmilysRealm

JayneEmilysRealm Judge

Casper, have I mentioned what a great guy you are! ;) There should be more of your type in this world!

Yesterday I read in the newspaper that it was only like 5 years ago that gay-marriages were allowed in the Netherlands and that we were the first country.. now it's the NL, Belgium and Spain.. yeah, I'll never forget Julio and Julio :D But pffff only three countries.. there are so many more to conquer regarding this topic.

I'm thinking about re-telling my mum again that I'm bi.. now that I have this huuuuge girl-crush :D

4. CSIsMANIAC

CSIsMANIAC Captain

Yes you have Jayne and thank you.

I think you should tell you mom again. Heh, they tend to forget things. Such as this. And seeing as you have a girl-crush, it just makes it more important to remind her.

5. Simply_Sara

Simply_Sara Lab Technician

I can't believe I havn't seen this thread before :eek: ?!

Well I just wanted to say I think everyone should be who they want to be, I know not everyone respects what you are or who you love, but this is your life. And If your happy with a girl or a boy I mean who has the damn right to judge you?!

I had a hard time telling to some of my friends that I was Bi, and well those friends are really great coz they don't care just as long as I'm happy and feel good.
    I was so glad they understood what I felt.
    But some of my friends I just can't tell them coz I know they will take it the wrong way.
    Oh and then you have my parents... well my dad things it's okay as long as I'm happy but my mom well she things it's just a thing that'll go away, but I know it's not!

Wauh telling this felt... pretty good... :)
    And gawd I have butterflies in my tummy becoz I have this huge crush...

xxxx

6. JayneEmilysRealm

JayneEmilysRealm Judge

Yeah, Casper, I know I should.. but she will just deny the whole thing.. probably telling herself the entire day "no, my daughter is not bi, no my daughter is not bi, no my daughter is not bi.. it's just a phase!" Uhm.. yeah, mum a phase of uhm.. 8 years now??? Still not sure how the rest of the family will take it.. but we're pretty tight since my uncle was caught for pedophilia (not proud of that) and he's still part of the family.. however, my cousin came forth that she is gay and her mother (not related to me) kicked her out more or less :eek:

7. lantiscod

lantiscod Pathologist

I have nothing against homophobia...It's people's right to choose who they love and whether they accept their's love...

But it is just one problem here...If you, yourself, were invovled in this situation...I mean, if people whom you love or who love you were...if you cannot get or accept their love...just speak directly...and get it ended diirectly...I know people, you or others, may get hurt someway, but it's better than cheating in love...It is what that really connects to morality...

8. CSIsMANIAC

CSIsMANIAC Captain

All of a sudden, everyone has crushes........

I think I'm missing out.......not.

Welcome Simply_Sara! Glad that you finally found this thread. Hehe, you should keep those friends close because you can't find many people like that! ;)
    Well, that is bad to hear Jayne. I hope your cousin finds happines where she is accepted.
    Lantiscod, surpringly, I understood that. :)

9. Guest

Guest Guest

pxzowiiey well done for stnadinf up for yourself! that was great that you stood up for yourself and your family.

10. jenakapt

jenakapt Lab Technician

I have a question for people that have come out. How did your family take it? Cause I'm pretty sure of what I'd hear if I told them, "Sister: You're just looking for attention!" "Mom:Your too young to know" How am I too young to know if I'm gay but legally I can have sex with a guy! How does that make sense.............

Sorry kind of went off the point, How did you tell them? And how did they take it?

11. pxzowiiey

pxzowiiey Prime Suspect

oh thank you. i just wish i could make more of a differance you know?

12. Guest

Guest Guest

yep I know! but a little goes a long way!

13. trent_bowie

trent_bowie Rookie

Howdy How-Do! Thought I'd drop bi (God, i kill me :lol:)

Here's something ya'll might find interesting. On the website nndb, homophobia is listed as a risk factor. In other words, it's bad for you. Very bad.

I find it really irritating when folks like Pat Robertson will wring out this long-winded argument based on a handful of Bible quotes. And if that's not bad enough, they're dipping into politics. Currently, they're trying to bar gay/bi people from adopting or fostering. That's just asinine. With all those kids out there that don't have a home, you'd think the foster system needs all the help it can get. Thy're only screwing themselves if they pass such a law.

Rant over. Moving right along... :p

On a lighter note, as irritating as fundies are, it's really hilarious when they claim that homosexuality is "unnatural because animals don't do that sort of thing". At least they used to. Not only has it been proven that homosexual activity occurs in the animal kingdom, but boy, does it run rampant. Of course I'll cite my source :devil: *WARNING* Do NOT read at work. And the funny part is, now the fundies are screaming that it's still a sin to be a homosexual BECAUSE animals do it. They can't make up their minds, can they? Pity. :D

14. sissi59100

sissi59100 CSI Level Three

ha ha ha omg i split my coke on my keyboard :lol: i had a great time thanks :lol: that's really pityfull you know: ive seen something on tv about that... some americans scientist did research about that and their conclusions were that it was a risk factor , kind of illness :lol: omg i laughed so hard to that......this men should spend less time saying bullshit and more trying to find a cure for the HIV or the cancer, they will be more helpfull :D

15. Guest

Guest Guest

Its hilarious, if the fundies were to take everything the bible said as relavent to practice today...there would be some ridiculous activities going on...I mean according to the bible poeple aren't supposed to eat meat on a Friday or something...bleh...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.