Sara Sidle Returns

That's fine speedy but out of respect for the ones who do want this, it would be cool and nice to be happy for those who do. What if Nick or Catherine, or Greggie left and then came back? HMM, how'd you feel? And no one mentioned Grissom returning although she did he probably will follow suit. It does no one any good to pound away at negative comments. If your favorite CSI person was involved, I'd be happy for you and the rest, if they were returning~The original cast can never be replaced in my opinion:cool:

That's fine speedy but out of respect for the ones who do want this, it would be cool and nice to be happy for those who do. What if Nick or Catherine, or Greggie left and then came back? HMM, how'd you feel? And no one mentioned Grissom returning although she did he probably will follow suit. It does no one any good to pound away at negative comments. If your favorite CSI person was involved, I'd be happy for you and the rest, if they were returning~The original cast can never be replaced in my opinion:cool:

Desertwind, I think you need to read my post again. If you did you would have noticed how I said I was happy for the Sara fans that they get to see her again and I've said this in other posts about her return, but that doesn't mean I have to be happy seeing her.

However, when us fans of the other characters don't get what we want, for a change it tends to make you bitter. Would I be happy if Nick came back? Sure. However he isn't in a ship that brings down the show.

If Grissom came back for an episode would I be happy. Yeah, I've always like his character, but if came back just so they could do GSR, no I wouldn't be.

Personally, I think they ruined his last episode by having him go to Sara at the end. It was way more dramatic if the faded to black and ended the episode with him walking out of the lab. Grissom was CSI and to reduce it to GSR was wrong. Now I'm not saying they couldn't say he was going to Sara, but they could've done earlier in the show like him emailing her or something that he's meeting her.

Everyone is entitled to their theories ideas and opinions, no problem and, as far as a ship goes this really isn't the place to discuss, however, For me and others this was a go from the onset. And on the "personally" fans repeat "is not what I wanted", but, it's what they wanted, it's what the writers wanted and apparently the majority of fans wanted, or it wouldn't have happened. I think a romance spices and brings realizism to the show. The DNA and gory crime scenes are the premise, of course but to see a tad here and there of a couple is tantalizing:pAnywho, Sara's return will be a plus I'm sure and the title "FAMILY AFFAIR" makes me wonder what that is all about?

Last edited:
That's fine (though there is still NO proof that the majority of the fans wanted it) and you all got what you wanted for 3 seasons and basically, since the beginning.

Now it's time for the rest of us to finally get what we want and you all can sit on the sidelines like we've had to do.

Who's in the "meh" crowd, raise your hand! **raises her hand**

I have never been a big Sara's fan, but I've always enjoyed her till the whole GSR oplà. I'm not against this ship as I do think it has been handled far better than others on this franchise *ahem*. But I for once am disappointed with her coming back possibely for more than one episode especially if it's going to involve more GSR possibely with their wedding. They already ruined Gil's departure, to me, that I don't think I can handle another wedding on this franchise :rolleyes:.

Sheesh! I hope she's not coming back just for a GSR wedding! Although that is unlikely but still, haven't we been forced to swallow enough GSR for the past few years already? I mean, I'm a Nick/Sara fan myself, I really liked the Sara of the earlier seasons, pre-GSR and all, but as many said, Jorja chose to leave. So I don't know why she still keeps coming back. Kinda makes me think of someone who has quit smoking but keeps having a relapse, looking for that last drag. Oh well...

I'll admit that one of the reasons why I'm not thrilled by the news is the frequency. She left the show mid-season 8 and came back for a few episodes here and there in season 9, and now she's going to be in another few episodes in season 10. I wouldn't have a problem if she came back every once and a while and without GSR, but the fact that she is still in every season and not just one episode makes her look like a recurring role instead of a special guest character to me, and IMHO it's staring to look like they're playing tricks. As I said, having her back for a few episodes may give the show slightly better ratings, but it doesn't really solve the problem (if they think their current ratings are a problem, that is). And TBH, this show can't be saved in any way. It has nothing to do with anyone's departure. IMO CSI has been going downhills ever since Grave Danger although season 9 was a huge improvement on seasons 6-8 to me. It's just going through what every long-living show has to go through and will end eventually, with or without Sara, or Grissom. The end might come even sooner if TPTB don't stop depending on bringing back those who chose to leave to temporarily gain viewers and figure out how to bring out the best of their current cast instead.

Btw I think the news has done what TPTB wanted. It generated buzzes. Good or bad. lol.

Last edited:
I also believe that JF coming back is kind of odd. I think that, like alot of other actors/actresses who have left TV for "Bigger and Better Things", she realized that business wasn't rolling in like she thought it would. So why not go back to your roots? Especially when the network is more than willing to make it a cake walk for you and your character? I will say she was smart not to entirely burn her bridges. Too many actors make that mistake, and then end up doing guest roles until they die. Smart move on her part.

But come on. I completely agree with speedy. How is it fair that viewers who have been with the show since season one have to hope that their favorite characters get quality material? Whereas, other characters get prime, juicy material, making other fans happy continuously since Season Three? Not to mention, that the actors that stayed on the show through thick and thin now get walked on by another actress that left for half a season, only to come back less than a year later. What the...

*raises hand for the Meh Crowd*

I agree with what so many others are saying about JF leaving. She left for various reasons. It comes a time where it's just better for all concerned to move on, and let the show grow into it's own thing. Honestly, I don't really see a good reason for her to come back. They need to allow the show to move on into what it's going to be next.

Her coming back, and Grissom being likely to follow her, just hampers the show's development. It also sends a clear message to cast members like Marg Helgenberger and George Eads that TPTB do not trust them to carry the show; which is a shame, because I think that they can carry it, and quite well, if they were given the chance.

I said that Sara coming back could be good if it is for an interesting case and we can have nice interactions with other characters like Greg and Nick.But if this is about a GSR wedding ,I am absolutely sure that I will not watch.And I haven't missed a single episode since the show started.At least Grey has a reason for being that cheesy.

Everyone is entitled to their theories ideas and opinions, no problem and, as far as a ship goes this really isn't the place to discuess, however, For me and others this was a go from the onset. And on the "personally" fans repeat "is not what I wanted", but, it's what they wanted, it's what the writers wanted and apparently the majority of fans wanted,

Desertwind, I don't know where you get your facts from? Majority? Do you have proof? NO. You don't. So don't assume everybody wants what YOU want.

UH, the proof would be that they ended up together, if it was not popular [TPTB] would have ditched it long ago, And I hardly think I'm the only one~~ [repeats self] Billy Petersen said that "Jorja as the character Sara, was brought in to be his love interest, and in his final arch Sara is involved" it always was going to end the way it did. And David Rambo, also hinted that this would be the way it was. They got rid of many other characters that didn't cut it, or didn't make, or left on their own accord..or for whatever reason, or they'd still be on the show Sofia, Mia, Ronnie, I'm sure I forgot some. And on a higher note, this is a poll from AOL [I couldn't get the http to go in], but on Jorja returning 72% for it, 28% against, out of 106,011 fans polled This may not be permanent or maybe it is, time will tell.;)

Last edited:
UH, the proof would be that they ended up together, if it was not popular [TPTB] would have ditched it long ago, And I hardly think I'm the only one~~ [repeats self] Billy Petersen said that "Jorja as the character Sara, was brought in to be his love interest, and in his final arch Sara is involved" it always was going to end the way it did. And David Rambo, also hinted that this would be the way it was. They got rid of many other characters that didn't cut it, or they'd still be on the show Sofia, Mia, Ronnie, I'm sure I forgot some. And on a higher note, this is a poll from AOL [I couldn't get the http to go in], but on Jorja returning 72% for it, 28% against, out of 106,011 fans polled This may not be permanent or maybe it is, time will tell.;)
:guffaw::guffaw::guffaw::guffaw:Oh, you're basing it on an online poll!! Do you realize those are NOT SCIENTIFIC!

And just because TPTB went in that direction, doesn't mean it was necessarily a popular one. TV writers have gone in lots of directions that have not been favourable to fans. The only difference here is that the CSI writers couldn't care less about what we think. They are very myopic and cannot see beyond GSR because of a very small, and very vocal minority of tv viewers.

As for those character that left. The actress who played Mia left because she was offered another show-Ghost Whisperer. The actress who played Ronnie was only scheduled to be in four shows, and has since moved on to other projects. I can't speak for Sofia, but I'm sure she was pushed out by a very, very small group of GSR fans who wouldn't leave her alone. But NONE OF THEM left because they 'couldn't cut it'.

Last edited:
:eek:Billy Petersen is not on line poll:confused: It's what he wanted and he had clout and still does. And contraire, the writers do care what the fans want.. that's the point.. Also there are mega GSR sites for fans who love this.. But, if I for instance was so adamantly against a part of a show, didn't like the conotations or the direction it was going, or the end results, I wouldn't watch it.. that's just me.. I'm not going to argue or debate this subject, this is about Jorja/Sara returning, and that's wonderful for her fans. If fans want to debate ships there's a thread for that~

Uh...that was what my post was about, or did you not read it either. I was responding to your in accurate claims about the 'actresses who couldn't cut it' which was a very OT on your part. And yes the writers of CSI do care, only about a select audience, the nonGSR fans.

I agree about online polls not being very accurate and scientific. What about those people who don't even go online? Hmmmm? Do you even consider that? As for this:

And just because TPTB went in that direction, doesn't mean it was necessarily a popular one. TV writers have gone in lots of directions that have not been favourable to fans. The only difference here is that the CSI writers couldn't care less about what we think. They are very myopic and cannot see beyond GSR because of a very small, and very vocal minority of tv viewers.

So true!! See, GSR is very polarizing indeed. It's either you love it to bits or hate it with a burning passion for one reason or another! There's no sitting on the fence about it. I don't think the writers of Vegas or even NY for that matter really take into consideration what the fans really want to see. I don't think we have really that much clout with regard to dictating story lines. Anyway...

Back