Sara Sidle Returns

Well, I for one, am NOT happy about this. Yes, I'm happy for the Sara fans, but why the premiere? I mean tptb have seem to have totally forgotten about Catherine, Nick, Greg and now she has to come back.

Great more GSR :rolleyes: I mean season 8 worked up to Sara leaving. Season 9 was shortened because of the writer's strike and season 10 leading up to Grissom leaving. Can we have a season that focuses on the original characters that are still there?

Now I'm not trying to upset Sara fans, if this was Nick I'd be thrilled too and it's not Sara, it's the GSR having to come back. IMO, GSR was one of the biggest mistakes CSI did, forgetting about the characters that are still there is their other big mistake.

My opinion is going to upset people and I apologize for that, but give us a break and let's focus on the characters that are still on the show, FOR ONCE!!!

Isn't it time that us other fans finally get what we want to see? Guess not! :scream:

When do the Catherine, Nick, Greg, Riley, Brass fans get what we want?

I could not agree more. The stories get turned in their favor at the drop of a hat. Congrats to Sara fans, though! You have a reason to be excited. Meanwhile, fans of Cath, Nick, and Greg will sit in the wings and hope our favorite characters get a quality episode or two :shifty:. Maybe, GE and MH should leave. That way, when they get back, they'll actually get material :rolleyes:.

Yup, we'll just keep waiting in the wings, MFCSI is right, CM just loves GSR, so it will never go away and Kimbo you're right, everything comes to halt for it.

Oh by the way Kimbo, thanks for quoting me as I noticed my screw up with the seasons. Season 10 leading up to Grissom's departure, this will be Season 10. :guffaw: I fixed my original post. Thanks again. :thumbsup:

No way!!! Catherine (and Grissom as well) were always my favorite characters.There is no way I will watch if she leaves.

It all depends on how TPTB decide to handle the storyline.They can work with Sara as a character independent of Grisson like ladyhunter said.Who knows? Maybe she will give Catherine and Nick as well deserved apology .

But I sort of miss the old dynamics of the team becouse their original chemistry was unique IMO.

No way!!! Catherine (and Grissom as well) were always my favorite characters.There is no way I will watch if she leaves.

It all depends on how TPTB decide to handle the storyline.They can work with Sara as a character independent of Grisson like ladyhunter said.Who knows? Maybe she will give Catherine and Nick as well deserved apology .

But I sort of miss the old dynamics of the team becouse their original chemistry was unique IMO.

Apology? I know she said something inappropriate to Catherine in "nesting dolls", but that was a long time ago and Cath has apparently forgotten it and/or forgiven her. What would she need to apologize to Nick for though? If there was anything there it has escaped my mind. :lol: I don't have the best memory sometimes. :lol:

I just hope Sara has some scenes with Greg. I always liked their friendship.

Last edited:
You're right, electra. Their original chemistry was great. Until things started happening that messed up that chemistry IMO. Once some of us have kinda gotten used to Ray, Riley, and the lack of Gil and Sara, they throw them back into the mix.

In my personal opinion, I would prefer if TPTB and actors figured out what they wanted to do before they rearrange everything. Bringing on LF and LLS to fill the void of WP and JF's departure caused alot of power shifts to happen on the show. Now they are brigning them back? I know the article says he hasn't signed back on, but let's face it, he most likely will. As if Ray didn't take enough air time away from the remaining originals, now they are bringing on, IMHO, possibly two more airhogs. TPTB need a swift smack across the face in my opinion.

GNRF, Yeah,Catherine forgot but not me.;) JK.For some reason that still bothers me even today.But I was just paraphrasing.What I mean is that I want to see her handle things in a different way.

Kimbo.I know!! I am just getting used to Ray and Riley and now Sara is coming back.But I am an optimistic and hope that they want to recreate the good from the past like Sara interactions with greg,Catherine and Nick.

I totally support it. Particularly if Sara coming back means Grissom and Catherine are getting it on elsewhere.

Yes, I'm evil.

Yup, we'll just keep waiting in the wings, MFCSI is right, CM just loves GSR, so it will never go away and Kimbo you're right, everything comes to halt for it.
It's sad that CM has no faith in her remaining characters, and that so many wonderful storylines have to go to JF and everyone just has to stay in the wings for her. It's caused me to be very resentful towards JF as a result even if she is a great actress and a very talented woman has given to many causes.

I have a feeling tptb asked Jorja to come back this time because of the ratings being less than desired. I just hope that over the summer the writers have learned how to better balance storylines and focus on the ensemble cast as a whole instead of one or two characters (hoping Miami's writers have learned that lesson as well cause they are another group that badly needs to).

I haven't posted here in months but I just had to come out of the woodwork for this. I'm a Nick/Sara fan but I'm not really thrilled that she's back. Well, for one, that GSR love in the jungle left an awful taste in my mouth. Secondly, Sara being back will just take away screen time for the others still on the show, namely, Nick, Catherine and Greg. It's really sad how TPTB need to get Sara back on the show just to boost the rating if that's really what this is about. I mean, let sleeping dogs lie already! No more GSR please!!

Last edited:
I do think it was inevitable that both she and Grissom would be back at some point. But, the season premiere? That really makes me think it's for ratings. The premiere is still more than a month away. They're allowing this info to be released this soon because they want to generate better ratings. It's the only thing that makes sense with the timing. But, I do think they both would have been back eventually anyway.

^ If that's the case, I doubt it would make a big difference. Yes, the ratings have dropped since Jorja left, but I'm sure the same thing would happen had it been any other of the main cast. I think it was Billy's departure that caused the most of CSI's loss in ratings, but honestly, the show still did pretty fine last season and wasn't the only show that suffered from dropped ratings. Even if Jorja's (or possibily Billy's) comeback can help the show gain some viewers, it won't last. She's there for just a few episodes. So what are they going to do when she leaves again?

TPTB have a new team on the show now. IMO what they need to do is focus on the people they have now, write good stories for them and not keep getting past ghosts back if they want the viewers to tune in every week.

And honestly, I really don't know what this show still has for Sara. Except if TPTB want to play the viewers' emotions with the whole GSR thing again, of course.

Last edited:
^ If that's the case, I doubt it would make a big difference. Yes, the ratings have dropped since Jorja left, but I'm sure the same thing would happen had it been any other of the main cast. I think it was Billy's departure that caused the most of CSI's loss in ratings, but honestly, the show still did pretty fine last season and wasn't the only show that suffered from dropped ratings. Even if Jorja's (or possibily Billy's) comeback can help the show gain some viewers, it won't last. She's there for just a few episodes. So what are they going to do when she leaves again?

TPTB have a new team on the show now. IMO what they need to do is focus on the people they have now, write good stories for them and not keep getting past ghosts back if they want the viewers to tune in every week.

And honestly, I really don't know what this show still has for Sara. Except if TPTB want to play the viewers' emotions with the whole GSR thing again, of course.

You said it! I mean they've thrown this new team at us and had Ray in the forefront. Let us have a season to get used to this team. Since we will have an actual entire season with them, maybe (ok, a big maybe) there will be more even screen time and story lines for the team that's in place.

Stop bringing back cast members that CHOSE to leave. I guess, Grissom is one thing, but Sara. No and to have her in the premiere, that says loud and clear that tptb have NO faith in the actors that are still there and they only love and care about Grissom and Sara.

We still don't know in what capacity she's going to be in the premiere. It may only be a brief appearance. She might just send the team a video letter or something. I'm trying to look on the up side with this. Sara and Greg are best friends, so this may mean that he'll actually get some decent screen time with her there. Hopefully it won't be like "The Happy Place" where he was there for a short time period. :lol:

You said it! I mean they've thrown this new team at us and had Ray in the forefront. Let us have a season to get used to this team. Since we will have an actual entire season with them, maybe (ok, a big maybe) there will be more even screen time and story lines for the team that's in place.

Stop bringing back cast members that CHOSE to leave. I guess, Grissom is one thing, but Sara. No and to have her in the premiere, that says loud and clear that tptb have NO faith in the actors that are still there and they only love and care about Grissom and Sara.
I'm just tired of the writers being at the beck and call of the GSR fans. I'm so tired of it. I stopped watching the show in 2007 because of GSR and then got back into it after she left.

I mean if it were George or Eric, they wouldn't be pulling out all the stops for them. But JF, let's role out the red carpet. I mean what do the fans of GE or EZ have to do, fly a plane with a banner over the studio. Sorry TPTB, I have better things to do with my money. And either those actors would probably not want people with limited income to spend their money on them anyways. Least Jorja gave all the money away raised for her to stay.

Anyways, it's only for five episodes. Maybe she will show up as a dead body!:devil: Now that's one way to end the GSR!:guffaw::devil:

Or in the least, that monkey story will surmise..for me..:lol:

Last edited:
Well, it's like old times. I was hoping to make a positive comment about this topic, then leave, but I guess I will have to work a little harder. Making derogatory comments about Jorja and her fans is uncalled for. Thank you to those who have been happy for us in the return of our favorite character.

We don't know why Sara is coming back, so getting upset about her storyline and screentime is certainly premature. Maybe Greg is in a crisis and she comes back to help; who knows. It's fine to speculate, but to get angry about it is pointless. Any guest actor who appears would get some screentime, so it's not like she is taking away any time from the rest of the cast. And I see great potential for some interaction between Sara and her former colleagues.

Of course she is coming back to boost ratings; that's what tv is all about. They lost an average of 5 million viewers last year by the end of the season. Although their numbers are still respectable, I doubt the producers want to settle for less. If they can bring back some of those viewers with Sara, and later Grissom, then it's the right thing to do for the show. Since I doubt (but can always wish) that there is any permanence to her return, I hope they take advantage of any increased viewership to introduce new compelling storylines for the rest of the cast. I think their attempt at reinventing the show after WP failed, so now they are trying a different approach. Let's just sit back and see what they have in mind. They have already generated a lot of buzz by this news, so hopefully it will result in better ratings numbers.

Back