Sara Sidle Returns

Discussion in 'CSI Files News Items' started by CSI Files, Jul 18, 2009.

1. GregNickRyanFan

GregNickRyanFan Holographic Moderator Moderator

Oh yeah, Brass would definitely have to be there. :lol:

2. myfuturecsi

myfuturecsi Corpse

I like the idea of a spin off with just Nick, Brass and Greg..I think we should add in the Lab Rats, except Hodges..but Bobby, Mandy, Archie and Henry could also work with them.

3. Hadapurpura

Hadapurpura Witness

^...and Wendy?

I agree 100% with those who say Nick and Greg need more screentime, and it's basically the writers' fault (or TPTB's fault) that they've been shoved to the background. Regarding Nick I must say, however, that if there's wasn't a proper follow-up to Grave Danger is because GE himself wanted it that way, because he didn't want to look "wimpy" or "overly emotional". He also didn't want a follow-up ver the substitute nanny storyline. Since I'm not behind the scenes or anything, I can't say in absolute terms, but although yes, he has been always there for the show, maybe he prefers to preserve his "macho man" image rather than explore his character's emotions and possibilities for development and as a result, he ended up as Captain Exposition 2.0.

On another note, I understand that many people here don't like Sara/Jorja/GSR, but I don't get the whole "More Sara = Less remaining characters". They've said in interviews that Sara comes "to help" (to help= 1. To give assistance to; aid
    2. To contribute to the furtherance of; promote.)the team. First, she doesn't need to come as an expert or a superior or counselor or anything like that to help, and second: she'll kinda have to interact with the rest of the cast. Hasn't it ocurred to anyone that perhaps she won't come to do a monologue? She could be the instrument that helps the remaining original cast members to come back to the forefront so they're able to bring ratings on their on (since TPTB's mistakes have refrained them from being able to do so). Specially considering she comes sans Grissom, at least for the first part.

4. Half

Half CSI Level Two

I think I agree with Hadapurpura here. While I wasn't enthused about Sara's return (and I'm a Sara fan- how weird is that?), I don't really think that it'll take away that much screentime from the rest of the cast. Sara does not know Langston at all. I would imagine that more of her scenes would be with the old crew. Not that she can't be in a scene with him, because over five episodes that would be stupid, but it's more likely that she'll be with the rest of the crew. I can't see her hogging the screentime. Especially if Grissom isn't coming back with her.

I'm partially glad that more screentime devoted to Sara means less screentime devoted to Langston. Score!

5. myfuturecsi

myfuturecsi Corpse

So, because George chose to have his character rise above his tragedy instead of turning into a fall down drunk or drug addict, he's Mr. Exposition?

Some people can go through tragic events and come out of it just perfectly fine.

6. Hadapurpura

Hadapurpura Witness

I don't say let's turn Nick into a drug addict or anything, but let's show us some... I don't know, claustrophobia, or vocation-questioning, or... something, some sign of PTSD - because it's nearly impossible even for the most emotionally detached person to walk away from what Nick went through during Grave Danger "just perfectly fine". If somebody manages to do it, a. it's a robot and b. congrats, but that doesn't make for good TV, or an interesting character. One thing is to rise above your tragedy, and another is to show no symptoms whatsoever that it affected
    your life at all.

7. myfuturecsi

myfuturecsi Corpse

They did show it though.

In Shooting Stars, he was panicking at the thought of going down underground.

In Gum Drops, he freaked and threw someone against the wall, Sara pointed out that before his burial, he would never have done that.

In Pirates of the Third Reich, he reacted rather strongly to the thought of someone being handcuffed to a wall

In Fallen Idols, he said to a girl, "I wish I had selective amnesia, there are lot of things in my past I'd like to forget."

Most importantly, he didn't bail out.

8. GregNickRyanFan

GregNickRyanFan Holographic Moderator Moderator

I thought that too, but didn't want to say it. So thanks for saying it for me, Alex. :lol:

I don't mind Sara returning if she gets some great scenes with Greg. Always loved their scenes together. :) So if Sara returning means more screentime for Greg then that's a big plus for me. I can endure GSR if Greg gets more screentime. :lol:

There was also one episode where he freaked out just for a tiny bit when a bug got on him.

9. Speedystokesgirl

Speedystokesgirl Judge

He also freaked a little in 'Bodies in Motion' when the bug was crawling on him.

And he so showed emotion at the end of 'Turn Turn Turn'.

However, I do agree I wish they did show more from Nick, but, I think it was David Rambo, that said Nick doesn't do cathartic (sp?), but to say he never showed anything, that's not true.

Now as for Sara's appearance, they said the episodes featuring her will showcase her. We have a problem because for some who CHOSE to leave the show shouldn't be able to come back (yeah she was asked) and take over and be showcased for all those episodes, in one season, when the other actors never get that many episodes, showcasing them, in one season.