Sandle RP (New)

[Ooh, Wendy! :D Thanks, frickangel, glad to see you :)]

As Greg was shoving the red envelope again into his locker, a female voice startled him... again. Weird enough, this is the second time a woman caught him with the letter in his hand.
"Hey..." And the locker door won't shut. Great... He smiled awkwardly at her, "Uh, I'm just..." while continue trying to shove the door shut. After the third attempt, the stubborn door finally gave up. "...going to my first solo case." Oh FINALLY...

He straightened his shirt, and noticed her quizical look. "I was on my way out but I forgot my keys... And looks like my locker hates me." He chuckled nervously, the third time that day he had to make another lame excuse. Though he wasn't actually lying...
Then he remembered his crime scene waiting, "I should get going now..." He checked his watch before heading for the door. "See you, Wendy" he said, smiling.

Just now he remembered Sara. Should he look for her before he went?

[Oh God help me. If there's something called RP-block, I think I'm hit by it :eek:]

Threading by the rookie CSI, she pulled her own locker open before absent mindedly throwing her jacket in. Tying her hair into a loose ponytail, Wendy jumped a little as his troublesome metal lid slammed shut with too much force. She couldn't help it, but she had another look of half confusion at Greg.

"I was on my way out but I forgot my keys... And looks like my locker hates me." He gave a half-hearted attempt at a laugh before motiong towards the door. "I should get going now..." he glanced at the time. "See you, Wendy"

She stuttered a reply but the only things that came out were, "All the best!" and even that was when he was almost out the door.

'Sweet, Wendy... ' She told herself sarcastically. 'What kind of pathetic answer was that?' Finally throwing her white lab coat on, Wendy's thoughts wandered off to the colour red—or more specifically the red envelope kind.

Maybe tomorrow.

Tomorrow will always be better.

[Already PM you about it, sissi :)]

Greg only heard Wendy's reply when he was already out of the room. He shook his head, that was close. He didn't know why he got so nervous about the letter... Maybe he just didn't want anyone to know about it.

Greg passed Grissom's office on his way out. He paused, recognizing the familiar figure inside, her brown hair was unmistakeable. Some paperwork... He chose to shrug off any thoughts that came after that.

He continued down the hallway to the parking lot, and few minutes later he arrived at the crime scene. Brass and Sofia already there. He got off his car and approached them.

[Sorry, this one's crappy. I'm kinda lost... Dutchie, can you help me here with Sofia?]

[for you, always ;)]

Sofia smiled as Greg entered the crime scene. He walked up to her and Brass, but without his usual big grin on his face.

"Hey Greg. Congratulations on your first case. A nice one to begin with."

She looked around, seeing that Brass was a bit further, talking to the one who found the hand.

"Uh...is there something wrong? You look a bit...down. Not that it's any of my business. Anyway, severed hand in a sandbox. Good luck, I'll be right here if you need me.

[You know I'm a fan of nice Sofia.]

[Thank you Nikki :)]

"Hey..." Greg greeted Sofia. She congratulated him and he said thank you. Though he'd rather be congratulated after he could solve the case.

He had been thinking on his way to the crime scene. Rock music blaring only provided him a nice background to clear his mind. Might be weird to some people, but it's what works for him. Maybe when he got off his car, he still got that serious vibe in him that Sofia asked him what's wrong.

People sometimes forget he's human afterall, even if he seems to be always smiling doesn't mean he doesn't get down too. But as much as he hates to see other people being sad, he hates it just as much when people caught him, himself, being sad.

He almost opened his mouth to answer 'Nothing is wrong' but this time Sofia just quickly changed the subject to the case at hand. His lips turned to form a smile. "This should be interesting..."
He knew he wouldn't just have the sandbox to process. For all he knew, the other parts of the body could be somewhere out there. Looked like it was going to be a long night. "I think I might need a hand..." Then he realized what he just said, "Uh sorry. No pun intended." Sofia gave him a look and he just grinned.

Greg walked to the sandbox and started snapping some pictures. "How am I going to take it to the lab?" he hesitated for a moment, but then carefully stepped into the sandbox, "One sand at a time..."

Cath and Nick arrived at the crime scene and started surveying the scene.
"Somethings missing," said Cath getting out her torch and looking round the room with it. Nick did the same,
"Yeah, theres no blood splatter anywhere"
"or a body for that matter" added Cath,
"Looks like hes hiding from us", smirked Nick.

Nick continued searching the walls for traces of spatter and Cath walked tentatively around the room looking for the vic. She then heard a something drop. "Nicky you hear that?"
"No" he replied,
Cath drew her gun and went over to the closet and opened the door. As she did she felt something land by her feet. "Nicky, i think we found him," she said staring at a body wrapped in a bag at her feet.
"I'll call David" said Nick dialling his cell.

They then continued to process the scene while waiting for the vic to be taken away.
"Back to the lab?" asked Nick leaving the room.
"Yep, i'll just phone Greg and see how he's doing, he looked a bit worried before he went,". Nick continued on to the car as Cath dialled Greg, and followed.

"Hey Greg, its Catherine, how you holding up with the case?"

[hope this is ok :)i dont think theres anyone playing Nick, im sorry if there is and i took your part]

[No I don't think there's someone playing Nick :) About to wait for Sara to show up helping Greg... but since hollie's still MIA, I guess I'll just have to ship him back to the lab :lol:]

Greg had done processing and was standing beside Sofia. "I don't know being a CSI related to being an archeologist..." For the past few hours he had been carefully brushing sand off the severed hand, and run the sand through a screen to filter any evidence off it, leaving a void area around it. Just then they could carefully move the body... or hand, for that matter.

He was glad it was just a hand. To brush a whole body might take a while longer... But the void of the rest of the body meant that his job hasn't done yet.

His cellphone rang. For one second he had hoped he'd see 'Sara' written on the caller ID... but he thought it might just be Grissom. He was surprised to see it was Catherine.

"Hey Cath... I've done processing the body-- I mean, hand. The rest of it still missing... How about you?"
He glanced at the dogs running and sniffing around the park in front of him, "I'm with K-9 unit now... See if there's--" The dogs started ran into the bushes and away from the park, Sofia started running after them and Greg followed close behind, soon find it hard to talk while running, "I gotta go now... it looks like they might find something. See you back at the lab, Cath..." He hung up.

They followed the dogs until they stopped on a nearby street. Scratching the concrete with their paws, but there was nothing there, except for tire tracks that Greg noticed right away. He photographed it and turned to Sofia, "So if this is body dumping... where's the rest of the body? And if they took the body... why leave a hand behind?"

A while later Greg was just about to go back to the lab when his cell rang again, "Hey Cath... I'm just about to go back to the lab--" He trailed off as Catherine's voice took over, his eyes grew wide, "What? Are you sure?"
He quickly put his kit into the trunk of his car and shut it. "I'll be right there."

[Back to you, CSIangel :)]

Cath followed Nick back to the car while still on the phone to Greg, but during the conversation he stopped talking and then said he had to go.
"Ok bye" she replied a bit confused at what had happened.
"Greg cut you off?" asked Nick, starting up the car and driving back to the lab.
"Yeah," she replied. Nick then asked Cath how Lindsey was, and they talked about that until they reached the lab.

They walked into the lab and went to the body that was lying on the table in the morgue. Doc Robbins wasnt there, so they just walked in.
"Cath, do you notice anything strange about this body?"
"Yeah i do, hang on," she then got out her cell, and dialled Greg. Greg answered and she explained that their vic was missing a hand, "we need you here asap Greg, we'll meet you in the break room, ok? bye" she then closed her cell.

They then went to break room to wait for Greg, so they could discuss their cases.

Within 15 minutes, Greg had reached the lab. And after quickly parked his car, there he was a few minutes later entering the break room, half-running.

"The severed hand is being shipped into the morgue any moment now..." he said, still panting from pacing through the hallways, and half from being excited, "What do you mean your vic is missing a hand?"

He walked over to Catherine and Nick, who were sitting around the break room's table. He was still carrying his kit, camera, and evidence bags. The case was still so fresh, and he went straight to the break room from his car. He hadn't even gone to get the crime scene photos developed yet...

He hardly believed it when Catherine had said earlier on the phone that the vic from her case was missing a hand. While all he got was... well, a hand. It was too good (or too weird) to be a coincidence. Could the cases be related to each other? It was too early in the investigation and CSIs never assume. But it could be... unless autopsy and DNA proved otherwise.

Cath and Nick sat around the break room table sipping some of Greg's Blue Hawaain that they'd stolen. They looked up when Greg came rushing into the room, all out of breath and excited. Catherine answered him, as Greg sat down next to Nick.

"Yeah, well we were processing a scene at a hotel on the strip, and there was no sign of blood spatter or any crime at all and so we checked around the room and found a black plastic bag with a body inside. Anyway, when David took the body back to the morgue, he discovered that every part was present except for the hand. Hence me calling you." she said, Nick nodding in agreement,

"And we want to see if it matches teh hand that you found," added Nick,

"Ok, so what we need Greg is for you to go to the lab with a swab of DNA from your hand and give it to Wendy to compare with the DNA from our DB, and then Nick and I will go to visist the Doc and find out a TOD and COD, and then we'll meet back later. That Ok?" she said looking for confirmation from Nick and Greg.

"Fine by me" said Nick getting up to go, "I'll see ya in a minute"

"Fine with you Greg?" she asked again. The young CSI looked so excited, but there was still that hint of something troubling him, that she had seen before and she still wasnt too convinced that it was jsut the case.

[awww guys i'm SOOOO sorry.]

A now very exausted Sara walked through the halls. When Grissom said that she had some paperwork he meant a lot. "Owww" she hissed trying to stretch out her hand. She had the worst case of writers cramp ever.

Sara decided that she would go find Greg, but after she had a cup of coffee. She wanted to be awake enough to help him with his case. As she turned the corner to enter the break room, she saw Greg sitting at the table.

"Hey I was just looking for you. Need a hand?" she said with a slight chuckle. "Sorry."

After filling up her cup, Sara took a seat next to Greg.

[sorry if it sucks, i've been writing too much in school, and now i'm like out of it. :p]

{*performs CPR* Where is everybody? You really need Sofia to come save the day? (and the RP??)}

Sofia walked through the hallways, noticing how quiet it was. Normally it was never quiet in the lab, but it seemed like everyone had left or suddenly couldn't speak anymore. She heard voices and a chuckle from the breakroom and decided to pop in there.

"Hey Greg, oh Sara, you finally broke away from your paperwork?" Sara nodded. "Good for you. Greg, Wendy just told me that the DNA from your hand and Catherine and Nick's body matches. You're working the same case."

She poured in some coffee and sat down opposite of Sara and Greg. "So I guess you're back in the team now. Too bad your first solo case turns out not to be so solo."

(Yes, please keep this lovely R/P going! I'm on a sandle high because of Fannysmackin'!
Hearteyes.gif
Do you need Grissom?)

[Whoops! Omg I'm so sorry everyone! But... *trumpets and drum rolls going on in the background* here I am! :D]

Greg nodded at Catherine and Nick as they both exited the break room. He went to DNA to drop in the blood sample, and then back into the break room, figured he could grab some coffee before meeting Catherine in the morgue later. For a moment he thought Wendy was acting weird, but he soon forgot about it as his mind shifted back to the hot case at hand.

There was no one in the break room, so he used that few minutes alone to review the case in his mind... Could it be related, the two cases? But it was so weird... Why would--

"Hey I was just looking for you. Need a hand?"

"Sara." He didn't expect her to appear out of no where like that. Startled him a bit as her familiar voice broke the chain of thoughts inside his head.

Oh, look, she chuckled. He almost melted on the spot.

No I don't think I need a hand... I need... you. Greg smiled at her.

It still amazed him how she could be so beautiful... Her eyes lit up every time she laughs. This was exactly why he just can't help to make her smile each time. It was worth it.

She sat next to him and he suddenly aware that they were alone. In the break room with coffee mugs (Greg's was black with a cool band logo on it, while Sara's was... well now this is something new… she usually has standard LVPD mugs but today her mug has Disney’s character on it. Alladin and Jasmine –and Abu- apparently. Greg doesn’t mind being her Alladin, to be honest. So far it wasn’t, well, Abu. Or the parrot, for that matter) in their hands, but alone nonetheless.

There was a few seconds of silence when she was sipping her coffee and Greg just looking at her, desperately trying to find something to say. He mindlessly took a deep breath and the familiar scent filled his lungs. Hint of coffee. And another nice smell he always loved... That Sidle Scent.

It wrapped his mind in a way that he forgot what he was about to say. The seconds ticked by and it was almost entering the world of awkwardness when... Oh right, the case! He had his notes in front of him, how could he forgot? Well maybe you tend to forget everything when the love of your love was sitting right next to you and all you could think about was how good she smelled and how the room was empty except for the both of you and all you wanted was pushing the coffee mugs aside and...

"Hey Greg, oh Sara, you finally broke away from your paperwork?"
Sofia entered the room. Greg smiled and said ‘Hey’ back. She said a long paragraph and Greg got lost in the way, still trying to push aside the very thought of the coffee mugs hitting the floor.
"Hmm. So it's from the same body... “ Just as he had thought.

Sara was giving him a quizzical look. "Now, you're not gonna believe this. I’ve got a severed hand in a sandbox. While Catherine and Nick working on a DB that's missing a hand..." He got excited again. "So it's like playing puzzle,... When the edges match. You find the missing piece." He smiled proudly. “The puzzle isn’t complete yet, but hey it’s something.”

Sofia commented how his first solo case turned out not to be Solo. He just grinned and shrugged, "I always love playing in a band. More interesting than having to play flute solo..."

Sara was frowning and Sofia took a sip of her coffee. "Eh nevermind."
He got up to leave, "I guess I gotta go to the morgue now. Cath and Nick waiting." then his eyes lingered on Sara, "Are you coming with me?"

[WHOA LONGEST POST EVER! :eek: I have to catch up replying to 3 different posts... And well, I'm just that high on Sandle after Fannysmackin' ;) Either that or the caffeine :lol:
A tribute to ‘that Sidle Scent’ from Fannysmackin’... Since we’re still ‘high’ from that special episode, just thought I’d put that in :) (And, DISNEY!! :D Don't know if you noticed)]

Back