• Wolfe's Gang

Votes: 4 11.8%
  • Takes a lickin' and keeps on tickin'

Votes: 2 5.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Lol...I was watching 10-7...completely forgot this was one of the extremely rare times that Horatio calls Ryan by his first name...I almost spat my juice out when he said it :rommie:

On fiveUSA :lol:

Following through of traumatic events isn't a strong point on LV either. Some fanfic writers did a much better job after Grave Danger than those who are paid to do so :shifty:

I've read much more (far too much some may say :alienblush:) LV fanfic of my favourite duo, but haven't read much Ryan stuff. I'll have to take onboard your recommendations, although I prefer Ryancentric rather than the ship stuff I prefer of LV.

well ithink Ryan is really a superman.

i'm watching backfire again (or first time fully) and he seems to be so ... so... i don't know how to wrap it in words:eek: but he really doesn't show he stands in flaming room:wtf:
it doesn't seem to be right that if you stand in flaming, hot room you don't even cough or something.....:shifty:
well i'm not an expert but i think you need to be at least bit affected by smoke:confused:

No, no, no, you see, I figured this out ages ago.

Wolfe is really the incarnation of Wolverine :lol:

I mean it explains why he's able to magically heal himself after being tortured by Russians/ been caught in at least four fires. ;)

you know i had this thought ages ago :D
and you know his last name shows some similarity :D

Lol...I was watching 10-7...completely forgot this was one of the extremely rare times that Horatio calls Ryan by his first name...I almost spat my juice out when he said it :rommie:

On fiveUSA :lol:

Following through of traumatic events isn't a strong point on LV either. Some fanfic writers did a much better job after Grave Danger than those who are paid to do so :shifty:

I've read much more (far too much some may say :alienblush:) LV fanfic of my favourite duo, but haven't read much Ryan stuff. I'll have to take onboard your recommendations, although I prefer Ryancentric rather than the ship stuff I prefer of LV.

Yup, my best Ryan fix :lol:

I think it's cause that fanfic writers what the fans want to see. The 'real' writers seem to just write whatever the hell they want :shifty:

If you are going to look up Ryan fanfics, definitely look up Emily Blake. One of the best Ryan writers out there!:)

I would like to focus on keeping Ryan in character for our next email feedback.It was criminal what was done to him in several episodes of season 8.Even though the writers eventually got better,I don't want to see a return to that. He's not stupid,lazy or naive.I especially dislike him being made to look bad in order for someone else to look good.

That bugged me too, making him look stupid just to show us how smart everyone else is.:rolleyes: You would think that the actors would have some say so in their characters development or lack therof. But, it seems to me Jon is so easy going and not confrotational. He appears to be the type that gets along with everyone and goes with the flow. Not saying he is a pushover; he may just choose his battles.:)

I like this idea; it was going to be my suggestion:lol:. We could register it as a complaint?!

About Ryan never seeming to get hurt (he's been in two fires and an explosion in the last two seasons alone and has come out without a scratch and I guess torture doesn't bother him either:rolleyes:), while I don't want him to get hurt, it is almost as if he's an afterthought and it is more important to show other character's issues. Put him in there to throw us Ryan fans a bone and then move on. And what about WISC? You can't tell me it didn't effect him at all:scream:!!! It is a prime example when it comes to Ryan there is no continuity. I thought that MAYBE the growth he seemed to show by the end of season 7 would carry over. But NO!! They just started that stupid character tinkering!!

Whew, I feel better. This would be good material to put in an email!!

Here is something more positive for us to enjoy:

To make us happy

After reading your post and then seeing that pic all i could imagine was Ryan saying in a little voice 'I want continuity...'

I agree though: it's not just the angsty side of me that wants to see some sort of fallout or continuity for Ryan. It's just ridiculous at times: in SGIYC while Calleigh was comatose, Ryan, who had been in the burning attic almost as long as her, was literally chasing after suspects!

WISC was definitely the worst...I'm sure that he said he ran up thirty flights of stairs...the morning after he was tortured. What's wrong with that sentence?

My theory is that the writers never stopped thinking of him as Speed's replacement and so gave him all his 'bad light' storylines simply out of spite.:shifty: :angryrazz:

My theory is that the writers never stopped thinking of him as Speed's replacement and so gave him all his 'bad light' storylines simply out of spite.:shifty: :angryrazz:

Awww, don't blame Speed! I do think they did that with Ryan's character at first but I feel they made Ryan look better like when he first was on and Horatio checked his gun to see if it was clean. I felt like that was a major slam to Speed. Ryan was like, wtf is he doing?! LOL!

^^
I think she's blaming the writers,not Speed.Ryan did look good when he first started, because of the gun , the fact that he took the busted locker next to Speed's instead of taking Speed's locker and he was very precise But I do agree that there are times when the writers don't appear to care.There were actually times when I wondered if some of the writers liked Ryan as a character at all.
For some reason,I didn't see Horatio requesting to see Ryan's gun as a slam to Speed at all. Horatio was still mourning Speed's loss and I think that fueled the request.
Ryan did have a wtf look though,LOL.

Awww, don't blame Speed! I do think they did that with Ryan's character at first but I feel they made Ryan look better like when he first was on and Horatio checked his gun to see if it was clean. I felt like that was a major slam to Speed. Ryan was like, wtf is he doing?! LOL!

I'm not blaming Speed (would never speak ill of the dead) but it seems like the writers are still seeing Ryan as a replacement for someone on the team, instead of actually part of team, which would explain why he's always painted in a bad light while the others get away scot free for their actions. And why at times they ganged up on him (E/C in WISC).

At least that's one of the many ways I've interprated it. :p

Edit- like greatfan said, I blame writers...

So... ahem... hey there. lol I'm new here, in case you couldn't tell from my super awkward entrance. I've read this ENTIRE thread in one evening and I have to say I already love all of you so much :p. It's such a relief to know there are other folks out there who are as hopelessly obsessed with CSI:Miami (and in particular a certain sexy fella *winkwink*) as myself. My friends are ever so bored with me blathering on about it, so I thought I could use a safe haven to funnel my emotions and not be faulted for it haha.

So yeah, Jon Togo = me melting all over the floor. I feel at home already ;).

Can I just say that I'm practically crying with elation right now? Because some of you know me as Emily Blake over at FF.net and to see people actually discussing my work on a separate forum so positively... There are no words. Readers spoil me :p. I love writing and to see my joy enjoyed by other people is absolutely intoxicating.

I called CBS to try to pitch "Demons" to them as an SL, but I couldn't even get past the receptionist :p. Not that I was optimistic... lol Oh well, their loss. And then I asked about the process to apply to be a staff writer and the lady on the other end actually sounded scared and she was like "We're not looking for help at this time" and practically hung up on me... lol It was an interesting experience. Hope I'm not blacklisted or anything now haha.

Anyway, enough about me, let's swoon over Jon/Ryan some more!! lol

Welcome to the thread WolfWings! Always great to have another Ryan/Jon fan! I don't read ff so I don't know any of your stuff but I hear it's great!

Thanks!

I don't know if this has been brought up in previous threads, and I'm terribly sorry if it has, but all Jon Togo fans MUST see "So On and So Forth" and "Casted." They are hilarious web series starring our boy. I love it when well-known actors still make time to do fun indie stuff. Links to the first episodes of each below for anyone interested. And again, sorry if this has been brought up before, I just love these videos too much to not share and make sure my fellow Jon/Ryan fanatics see them.

SOASF: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WFlfaMhW_q4&feature=related
Casted: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pdbZrGopjgk&videos=l9xBvdqSUaM

<3 <3 <3

Hiya fellow members of the Wolfe pack!!! You guys have been BUSY, haven't you? ;) I love it! I haven't gotten a chance to catch up, but I promise too. I'm on my cell so when I get home, I'll be sure to respond to more.

I just want to welcome WolfeWings and say that you are NOT alone. :D We're all crazy/obsessed fan girls here, admit it or not, that's how it is. :lol: We're an awesome bunch, and always- always welcome fellow Ryan/Jon lovers. As for your stories, well- I'm sad to say I have yet to read them, but I'll be SURE to check them out, as I've only heard GOOD things about you. I'm HUGE on FF, so I can't WAIT!!!

I called CBS to try to pitch "Demons" to them as an SL, but I couldn't even get past the receptionist :p. Not that I was optimistic... lol Oh well, their loss. And then I asked about the process to apply to be a staff writer and the lady on the other end actually sounded scared and she was like "We're not looking for help at this time" and practically hung up on me... lol It was an interesting experience. Hope I'm not blacklisted or anything now haha.

Anyway, enough about me, let's swoon over Jon/Ryan some more!! lol

Girl! You got guts-the fine makings of a true member of the Wolfe pack! :: pat on the back ::

Anyway, welcome!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back