• A Different Kind of Hero

Votes: 21 35.0%
  • Takes a Lickin' and Keeps on Tickin'

Votes: 5 8.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
:/ Something not physical... like maybe a family member he's really close to dies or something. Or gets caught up in something he's involved in, since they are CSI's and we all know how dangerous that job can be. :rolleyes: Not really the way Mark Gantry got involved though. Kinda hard to explain what I mean. >.< I think it'd be better if it was a kid/teenager who thinks they know what they're getting into. Sort of like Ray Jr. or Kyle. With Billy Gantry, it was his dads fault he got so involved. I'd like it to be the kids choice. (I'm still liking the whole teeanged niece idea...)

We'd get to meet some of his family and it'd still be horrible for him.

I agree. I'd kind of like to see his neice being involved or something. Maybe someone could be harassing her or she could get kidnapped or one of her friends could die and she's a witness. Or maybe Ryan's uncle or sibling could be the victim of a crime.

No girlfriend trying to kill him storyline though cause we had that with Stella's boyfriend Frankie on NY a few seasons back. :lol:

It would be possible to combine both, perhaps. Physical peril, and mental distress...

I was thinking one of his relatives gets into a pickle, and Ryan gets dragged into it unwillingly. Not like something that endangers his job, though. (TOO much of that already....) Maybe Ryan's uncle or another relative has to move in with him after conducting shady business with someone (isn't his uncle a safe cracker...?) and Ryan isn't quite aware. Then later the evil people pay him a visit and then Ryan forces said relative to confess everything.

Or, perhaps Ryan is forced to care for a relative who is a drug addict, or alcoholic. That could be too angsty though...? Maybe he has to deal with trying to get them to go into rehab. ACTUALLY. I can probably make that idea work. I got a scene in my head right now.

Thanks for ideas, guys, keep em coming!

Hmm.

The main point of my whole post was that I didn't want any physical peril. That's been done enough imo. ;) It'd be interesting for the whole thing to be mentally challenging. We never really see that. It's almost always combined with something physical, for all the CSI's. If it was whoever is involved getting hurt physically, that'd be fine. That'd just mean more mental damage for Ryan. (If you're asking for ideas for something you're working on yourself though, by all means it's your choice.)

And if Ryan ever gets a girlfriend on the show, I want them to be fully and completely IN LOVE with no problems, ever. Hmph!

The main point of my whole post was that I didn't want any physical peril. That's been done enough imo. ;) It'd be interesting for the whole thing to be mentally challenging. We never really see that. It's almost always combined with something physical, for all the CSI's. If it was whoever is involved getting hurt physically, that'd be fine. That'd just mean more mental damage for Ryan. (If you're asking for ideas for something you're working on yourself though, by all means it's your choice.)

And if Ryan ever gets a girlfriend on the show, I want them to be fully and completely IN LOVE with no problems, ever. Hmph!

HAHA, you have the same standards for Ryan's love life as I do. SHE BETTER BE GOOD FOR HIM. :devil:

I don't know, physical peril is up in the air. My idea of physical peril was actually maybe getting a ding or two. Not so much 'peril' but perhaps 'boo boos.' :lol: And such things are uneccessary to me unless they are going to help build upon his character.

I completely agree, we never get to see the less-actioney, side of Ryan. Usually he takes the brunt of the blows, and you don't hear much about it afterwards. Anything deep, is just touched down upon but never developed. If I want anything about him, I want to learn about the sides of the character we know exist, but we've never seen worked upon.

Cuz let's face it, this is Ryan's life thus far: Bang bang, random morgue explosion, crap they took my badge and gun again, and the team doesn't trust me again!

Oh yeah, and I am asking because I am going to try writing some fics for this summer, thanks to the Ryan-less season finale cliffhanger, we all need something to look forward to. Sadly every time I get started I end up just writing for my own stories instead...

Last edited:
HAHA, you have the same standards for Ryan's love life as I do. SHE BETTER BE GOOD FOR HIM.
\
I have those same standards too.I want his love life completely drama free.
If you're going to try to write some fanfic this summer,I'll read it.

HAHA, you have the same standards for Ryan's love life as I do. SHE BETTER BE GOOD FOR HIM.
\
I have those same standards too.I want his love life completely drama free.
If you're going to try to write some fanfic this summer,I'll read it.
Thank you! Yeah I'm gonna try. :] But sometimes I get frustrated having to be consistent with the show so I'm just like: Screw it i'm writing my own series and Jon will be one of the main characters. HAHAHA :devil:

I this point I agree with you. It's (a little bit) unworldly that they only rarely show the mental pain of injured persons. But in this season especially Ryan showed some mental distress after his torture in WISC. He didn't say a word but you could see it in is eyes and it was probably Jons way of acting.

It will be fine for Ryan but it couldn't be part of the storyline. I think there won't be a ideal world without problems for him. There is no space for such a kind of "sugared-raspberry-sauce". Sorry for that. I also want to have a little bit love for Ryan, but certainly it will collide with the whole CSI:Miami story. And as you can see in CSI:NY such a lovestory like the Danny/Lindsay thing can get on your nerves. :(

As I told before I'm a terrible person!:lol: And I'm going to bed right now :(

But before I go I'll give you something. Maybe you know that picture. It is quite funny.
Jon:lol:

Oh I know where that picture is from!!! ATOM.com his little 4 part mini series him and his friend Will are doing. Such a funny mini series

It will be fine for Ryan but it couldn't be part of the storyline. I think there won't be a ideal world without problems for him. There is no space for such a kind of "sugared-raspberry-sauce". Sorry for that. I also want to have a little bit love for Ryan, but certainly it will collide with the whole CSI:Miami story. And as you can see in CSI:NY such a lovestory like the Danny/Lindsay thing can get on your nerves. :(

As I told before I'm a terrible person!:lol: And I'm going to bed right now :(

But before I go I'll give you something. Maybe you know that picture. It is quite funny.
Jon:lol:
I know it's highly unlikely that any of the characters with boyfriends/girlfriends on the show would not have anything to do with something on the show. But I'm just saying, for me, if Ryan did get a girlfriend on the show I wouldn't want anything huge. Like maybe a mention of her here or there. Nothing else. If they get married, yay for them, but GOD no storyline like the Danny/Lindsay story please (which is why she wouldn't be a CSI or have anything to do with his work... sort of like Frank's wife but without the divorce.)

I would officially not watch Miami if something like the DL story ever happens. :scream:

And people swear plenty here. I'm sure we're allowed to say penis if we're not using it in an inappropriate way. But hey a mod will tell us if we're not allowed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back