• Ryan/Jon #20: Dreaming of Wolfe Shirtless

Votes: 1 2.8%
  • Ryan/Jon #20: Wolfe Gang

Votes: 4 11.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
[It's okay for Ryan to be tough as long as he doesn't look like a butt while he's doing it.This has been bought up before,but I would rather see him use his gun effectively.He's been on the show several seasons,and we still don't know if he can shoot.
The first sentence made me giggle, because Ryan's often made out as the butt when he's mad. :lol: I assume he can shoot, just because he worked at a gun range and stuff... it would be nice for us to actually see him shoot someone though. :p
I guess that first sentence would cause a giggle.I too assume Ryan can shoot. As a police officer he would need to pass some type of proficiency
exams also.I guess he would have to be some what qualified to shoot,he just hasn't managed to do it successfully as of yet.

:lol: Instead of reading making Ryan to look like a butt, I came out with Ryan's butt. Though not a bad slip to end up with. :)

Perhaps Ryan is gun shy, he's willing to carry one but has issues actually shooting someone when the situation arises. I agree that working at the gun range helped his shooting ability, but there was no pressure there that would cause him to clam up.

Yea, maybe he just doesn't like shooting people, so that's why he hesistates or freezes like in Driven.

Oh by the way StarzsGirl I LOVE your ava.

[:lol: Instead of reading making Ryan to look like a butt, I came out with Ryan's butt. Though not a bad slip to end up with. :)

I read that same thing at first too! :lol:
Guess we know what you and I were thinking about :p

I agree with you luf that Ryan may just not enjoy shooting. It would definetely be something that would take a very long time to get used to, assuming that you ever did.

[:lol: Instead of reading making Ryan to look like a butt, I came out with Ryan's butt. Though not a bad slip to end up with. :)

I agree with you luf that Ryan may just not enjoy shooting. It would definetely be something that would take a very long time to get used to, assuming that you ever did.
Don't we have to assume that most people ,even those in law enforcement don't enjoy shooting another person,it's a necessary evil of the job.His reaction might eventually be seen as a handicap.Perhaps the timing just hasn't been right ,but being the pessimistic soul I can be,I can see this being a problem for him in the future.That is why I would rather he prove that he can shoot(justified of course) and get it over with.

Don't we have to assume that most people ,even those in law enforcement don't enjoy shooting another person,it's a necessary evil of the job.His reaction might eventually be seen as a handicap.Perhaps the timing just hasn't been right ,but being the pessimistic soul I can be,I can see this being a problem for him in the future.That is why I would rather he prove that he can shoot(justified of course) and get it over with.

I didn't mean that not wanting to shoot someone was a problem that was exclusively Ryan's, I know that most in law enforcement would have a problem with it. Sorry, if it came off that way :)

But I agree that this could become a big problem for Ryan if he doesn't deal with it.

I didn't mean that not wanting to shoot someone was a problem that was exclusively Ryan's, I know that most in law enforcement would have a problem with it. Sorry, if it came off that way :)

But I agree that this could become a big problem for Ryan if he doesn't deal with it.
No problem. I just hope this isn't a problem the writers and TPTB are considering for Ryan.

Last edited:
Yea, maybe he just doesn't like shooting people, so that's why he hesistates or freezes like in Driven.

Oh by the way StarzsGirl I LOVE your ava.

I agree, he carries the gun but isn't happy about it. Which, as mentioned by others, could cause issues. And I too hope that this isn't something TBTP are leaning towards....not a good plan. Ryan having a gun slightly reminds me of Greg wanting a gun, then being in a shoot out and discovering that he really doesn't want that power, though that was mentioned in one of the novels. Speaking of novels great way to delve deep into more characterization for all of the characters. :)

And thanks for the comment about the avatar, it was one of my tounge and cheek moments. :lol:

I agree with the book statement. I breezed though the first one and I'm reading the second book right now and I must say they are worth the price! So much alwsome characterization! I haven't gotten to the first "Ryan mentianed" novel yet, cause I like reading in order, but I'm greatly looking forward to what kind of justice the author gave our guy! :)

Speaking on the gun topic...I really don't agree with the whole "Ryan not liking shooting someone" argument. Like many people have mentianed since he's been on the show...being a cop is in his blood. It's apart of the job and I think Ryan knows that, however I believe he's more of a use a gun as a last resort kind of guy.

StarzsGirl said:
I agree, he carries the gun but isn't happy about it. Which, as mentioned by others, could cause issues. And I too hope that this isn't something TBTP are leaning towards....not a good plan. Ryan having a gun slightly reminds me of Greg wanting a gun, then being in a shoot out and discovering that he really doesn't want that power, though that was mentioned in one of the novels. Speaking of novels great way to delve deep into more characterization for all of the characters. :)

Which novels are these? Are there ones with a lot of Ryan? I'd like to get them!

^ There are a series of Miami books. As Miamifan08 wrote they start with Speedle, but then there are 5 (maybe) books once Ryan's part of the team. They do have some good characterization, and quite a bit of Ryan, and are worth the read. I think there is a list of them in the merchandise thread. Most are by Donn Cortez.

I would like to see Ryan use his gun too. Although I did like the epi where he froze, I think they should have done another one soon afterwards where he overcame his problem. Maybe they will bring it up again, knowing TPTB it will get him into trouble.

I think he can def. shoot. Nat had to pass tests to get her gun. But maybe he has never shot anyone and is a bit reluctant. I know its part of the job, but I suppose that initial shot is hard.

I wish everyone a happy Christmas! Have Fun!! x

I also think that he can shoot, he just doesn't want to, and it is not that he is not able to shoot, maybe it is just emotional. What I know Ryan is not that type of guy who could really hurt someone (except for some well known emotional eruptions or what:lol:), but using a gun must be different. Once i shot with a gun, but i don't think i would be able to target a person with one, so I kind of understand why he froze, it must be tough.
On the other hand i like whe he's carrying a gun :drool: but i don't know if it was okay for me if he killed or just shot someone, imo it wouldn't be him anymore, the sweet and funny guy we know...

and Happy Christmas to Everyone! :)

^ There are a series of Miami books. As Miamifan08 wrote they start with Speedle, but then there are 5 (maybe) books once Ryan's part of the team. They do have some good characterization, and quite a bit of Ryan, and are worth the read. I think there is a list of them in the merchandise thread. Most are by Donn Cortez.

They are amazing, even without Ryan, it's like reading an episode Donn has somehow gotten their mannerisms on to the page. My favorite are the Christmas ones, they have an especially large amount of Ryan. My favorites are where Ryan expresses he was a gamer in college and he is running away from the receptionist who is holding up mistletoe to try and kiss him. :lol:

They are amazing, even without Ryan, it's like reading an episode Donn has somehow gotten their mannerisms on to the page. My favorite are the Christmas ones, they have an especially large amount of Ryan. My favorites are where Ryan expresses he was a gamer in college and he is running away from the receptionist who is holding up mistletoe to try and kiss him. :lol:
Can someone write books name and autors, please? I wanna read them :)

About shooting, i think it just was not his time. I agree, if Ryan shoot someone, killing someone, it would be not the same Ryan, he would be new Ryan. I hope, if it will happen, Horatio talk with him and Ryan would be feel better.:)

The books that have Ryan in them are: (I hope it's okay that I put them here :) )
"Cult Following" - Donn Cortez
"Rip Tide" - Donn Cortez
"Harm For the Holidays: Misgivings" - Donn Cortez
"Harm For the Holidays: Heart Attack" - Donn Cortez
"Right to Die" - Jeff Mariotte

There are two others ones but they have Speedle in them, so I wasn't sure if you'd want the name of those or not. :)

I agree with you though. I think if/when Ryan does have to shoot someone, Horatio will definetely be there to help him through whatever issues Ryan would have concerning it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back