Votes: 1 2.8%
  • Ryan/Jon #20: Wolfe Gang

Votes: 4 11.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
About 7.13...

Who likes the idea of Ryan going to Gambler's Anonymous? I don't really. I do like that they're finally continuing with his gambling thing, instead of just leaving it alone after the fact that he was fired and reinstated. But, I never thought it was a big problem, just the fact that he paid a debt back, during work, to a suspect. Didn't really think about the actual gambling as a problem. I don't want Ryan to turn into this big problem, like others have been on the other CSI's. *coughWarrickcough* Like I already said I like that they're giving him a story, but he's still making mistakes. Maybe we'll get Hero Ryan someday.
The fact that he did gamble on the job to pay a debt,and not admit to Horatio what had taken place showed it was a big problem. Gambling is a big problem.People lose their job,homes and families because of gambling problems. It is very responsible that TPTB are showing Ryan getting help. I had always thought that should be done. People don't normally just stop gambling.
The story line could be handled without causing problems, but we all know what could happen.

Has anybody read the Miami books? One of them (erm....the one with the giant fish) talks about the gambling, like why he did it sorta. I don't think it said anything about him getting help though. I don't remember, I read it months ago. In one of books he has an OCD freak out where he has to count everything he sees or something. Maybe they'll randomly go into that this episode?

'That' problem again?! I thought it was over with, ugh! Her we go again. But maybe it's about someone else and he's trying to stop them?

I actually like how they started the gambling again. I want to find out how Ryan got into it and if he tells Horatio. Maybe another episode during the season will be his family or something....i can't wait!!:)

Last edited by a moderator:
I actually like how they started the gambling again. I want to find out how Ryan got into it and if he tells Horatio. Maybe another episode during the season will be his family or something....i can't wait!!:)
The spoiler didn't say he started gambling again. It just talks about Ryan's sponser from Gambler's Anonymous. You are kind of reading something into the spoiler that wasn't said.

Last edited by a moderator:
The spoiler didn't say he started gambling again. It just talks about Ryan's sponser from Gambler's Anonymous. You are kind of reading something into the spoiler that wasn't said.

Yeah, it's Ryan's sponsor who is supposed to be in trouble with gambling debts. Ryan is probably just gonna be keeping the man's son safe from the guys that Mark (Ryan's sponsor) owes money to.

I understand that. I was saying about that they mentioning the gambling again but Ryan getting help. Sorry for the confusion :)

Yeah, it's Ryan's sponsor who is supposed to be in trouble with gambling debts. Ryan is probably just gonna be keeping the man's son safe from the guys that Mark (Ryan's sponsor) owes money to.

**bumps in**
Well since his Gambling sponsor is in trouble, I guess we'll see a little bit more about Ryan gambling.
Surely he stopped gambling, but, at least, we could learn why he did it or what was going on when he used to gamble.
IDK, they could do it in a good way, if they want to do it. It all depeneds on what TPTB wants to do with his character;)

Once again, read the Miami books. The one with the giant fish (yeah, I'm too lazy to go upstairs and find it) explains why he gambled and everything.

Once again, read the Miami books. The one with the giant fish (yeah, I'm too lazy to go upstairs and find it) explains why he gambled and everything.

Yeah but that would just be that author's interpretation wouldn't it? I mean the show's writers may have completely different ideas. :shrug:

Yeah but that would just be that author's interpretation wouldn't it? I mean the show's writers may have completely different ideas. :shrug:

Well it satisfied my character development need lol....I'm sure they wouldn't let him write it that way unless they approved it first. Still, it's a good book anyway. You guys should read it. And the others. He goes into a coma in one of them! Crazy stuff....once I remember the title I'll tell you. I think that one is the 2nd Harm for the Holdays? I don't know. Anyway.

Ooh, I'll take character development any way I can. I'll tell my mom to search Amazon for these books. xD Besides, they sound pretty good!

Well it satisfied my character development need lol....I'm sure they wouldn't let him write it that way unless they approved it first. Still, it's a good book anyway. You guys should read it. And the others. He goes into a coma in one of them! Crazy stuff....once I remember the title I'll tell you. I think that one is the 2nd Harm for the Holdays? I don't know. Anyway.

I remember that book. I can't think of which one it was either, but it was pure crazyness! :wtf: Poor Ryan.

Ooh, I'll take character development any way I can. I'll tell my mom to search Amazon for these books. xD Besides, they sound pretty good!

You should read them, I thought they were all really good.

You can find the books on ebay too. Donn Cortez is the author of Harm for the Holidays and has writen several others. I was told by someone on another board that Cortez writes Ryan's character well,even better then the Miami writers in her opinion.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back