Rome.

Discussion in 'General TV & Media' started by Daquien, Sep 18, 2005.

1. Daquien

Daquien Coroner

I think Vorenus & Pullo will be next season because the show is all around them.
    I'd also think Niobe will be too,unless Indira Varma has another projects.
    My doubts are about Servilia,maybe Brutus & she would be in the first episode of the next season,but after Brutus' death,Servilia's character won't have much sense.

2. Daquien

Daquien Coroner

3. Guest

Guest Guest

Wasn't that good i thought, the bbc do overate there shows quite a lot!

4. oceanbirch

oceanbirch CSI Level Two

I thought that interview was quite interesting. I agree that the actor portraying Caesar was the perfect cast.

Looking forward to the finale even though I will miss watching every Sunday eveining.

5. Tripp3235

Tripp3235 Pathologist

Anyone seen the episode? The season finale? Huh? Anyone?

It was really good. I found it horrific to watch the death scene, they did a good job with what I think would have happened back then.

Niobe killed herself to protect, I suppose, her husband's honor. Sad they finally get me to care a good deal with a couple on this show then pretty much annilate it. I do understand, with Niobe gone, vorenus can be a bachalor senator.

Pullo and um, innera? Inniri? Irinni? How I wish antiquity used names like George and Melissa. Anyway, I am still having a hard time forgiving Pullo for killing that little slave guy. I was rooting for him to get with this slave girl and I love to think he has found love but I cannot see how she is really in love with him. Maybe she isn't.

Now we have a LONG hiatus. :( I hope Octavian ages fast.

6. oceanbirch

oceanbirch CSI Level Two

I thought the death scene was quite brutal and a bit sad. I don't think it was exactly the way Brutus planned it to be.

I'm just happy Pullo and Vorenus both survived. Hopefully they will return for season 2.

7. Daquien

Daquien Coroner

Niobe's death,I didn't see that coming...
    She was perfect as Vorenus' wife.

The slave girl is called Eirene,that's the Greek for "peace",that's quite a commun name here,spelled Irene.
    I don't know how she can be with Pullo after what he did.

I feel bad for Brutus,poor guy,at last Caesar didn't say the famous words.
    Servilia shouldn't be so arrogant because at the end is Atia who wins,I'd rather prefer Servilia & Brutus than Atia & Mark Antony but history...

Have u been here?

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/hborometv

Nice pics on there.

8. Tripp3235

Tripp3235 Pathologist

It's funny how the show has made me completely switch alliances. At the beginning I hated Atia and preferred Servilia. Now I much rather see Atia kick Servilia's butt. I'm not sure how the show is going to resolve this. According to Atia's history, Servilia may actually win, but the show isn't exactly going by where Octavian was when Ceaser was killed, so they made it change it up.

Televisionwithoutpity.com and Fandomtalk.com have excellent recaps devoted to the Rome episodes including Forums to discuss.

9. Daquien

Daquien Coroner

I can't believe u can prefer Atia,she's so bad... :devil:

And,well,according to history,Brutus escaped from Rome and commited suicide after being defeated by Mark Antony and Octavian 2 years later Caesar's death.Then there was a war between Mark Antony and Octavian where Octavian wins.
    So Atia became the mother of the most powerful man in Rome and Servilia the mother of a dead man.So I assume Atia wins.

I'm going to miss this show so much...
    I wish it would have last longer.
    For instance had began with Caesar and Pompey as friends and ended with Pharsalus battle and a 2 season since that to Caesar's death.

10. Tripp3235

Tripp3235 Pathologist

Yes but according to history, Atia dies while he is still in his consultship with Marc Antony and Marcus Lepidus (spelling ?). About a year after Caeser died.

As for Servilia according to wikipedia, she survives her son's scandalous suicide unscathed.

11. Daquien

Daquien Coroner

I don't think Brutus' suicide was scandalous,I mean,or he commits suicide or he's horribly killed as poor Cicero so at the end he commited an "honorable suicide" as it looked to be his mother's desire.
    I can't help liking Brutus,I'm going to pass a bad time when he'll die.I want him to be successful and restore the republic but I know that's not going to happen...

12. Daquien

Daquien Coroner

I was wondering,are u sure Niobe is death?
    I mean,maybe she's only unconscious.

And what about Posca?
    Quintus Pompey hit him in the head,but I wish he's still alive,he could be M.Antony's or Octavian's slave next season.

Do u think next season will begin just when this ended?

13. Tripp3235

Tripp3235 Pathologist

Well, the HBO said that "another unlikely character" was going to die in this season finale (other than Ceaser).

I was hoping they would pick up the storyline later so Octavian could have "aged" again. However, it's important to show Antony and Octavian partnering up together for a while before they turn on each other.

I think it's possible Posca could still be alive. Quintus may see vengeance in having Ceaser's old slave (and actual friend) as his own slave.

14. Daquien

Daquien Coroner

Ok,so no hope Niobe's still alive.

I'd would like have seen Posca's look when Caesar was killed.

Max Pirkis (Octavian) aged a lot since "Master & Commander".
    [image][​IMG][/image]

15. greenfieldcsi

greenfieldcsi CSI Level Two

I love that show!
    I missed the last ep. When is the repeat?