Rome.

Discussion in 'General TV & Media' started by Daquien, Sep 18, 2005.

1. Daquien

Daquien Coroner

(May contain spoilers of ep 6).

Egeria (ep6).
    Mark Antony is running Rome while Caesar pursues Pompey in the East, but when news comes that the tide has turned and that Pompey now pursues Caesar, Antony must decide whether to remain loyal to his old commander or turn against him as Atia and Pompey wish. Pullo takes Octavian to a brothel; Atia attempts to mend fences with Servilia; and Vorenus and Niobe rediscover their intimacy, albeit briefly.(HBO).

Sounds good,but I don't like Servilia and Atia together.

2. Daquien

Daquien Coroner

Pharsalus (ep 7).

Marooned in the Adriatic Sea, Vorenus and Pullo look to survive. In Greece, Pompey decides to attack Caesar's depleted forces, whose lack of options turns into their greatest strength. The result finds Pompey seeking reinforcements. In Rome, Octavia is enlisted by Atia to ask another favor of Servilia.(HBO).

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/hborometv

3. Tripp3235

Tripp3235 Pathologist

Thanks.

4. Daquien

Daquien Coroner

There was a Vorenus & Niobe scene in "Egeria".
    Do u like it?

In "Egeria" I missed Caesar and Pompey and his men.

5. Tripp3235

Tripp3235 Pathologist

I did like it!!! I didn't expect her to be wanting him so soon.....but I'm glad that Vorenus finally found, um, that button. : :devil:

6. Daquien

Daquien Coroner

Hey,Have u watched "Pharsalus? (if not:spoilers).
    +
    +
    +
    +
    +
    +
    +
    +
    +
    Servilia & Octavia together!!! In this show everyone sleeps with everyone... :eek: :eek: :eek:

How sad all the Pompey thing,it was very sad to see him defeated and his death was terrible. :( :( :(
    What would happen to his family?Well,better not to ask. :(

And Vorenus & Pullo? When they were in the island they looked as the people of "Lost",but making a balse with bodies.... :eek:

And how embarrassing when Brutus & Cicero surrended.

7. Tripp3235

Tripp3235 Pathologist

Yea, the Pompey thing was expected as I know that was what happened in history.

I also am not surprised they skipped the battle scene. It's probably one of the most dramatic battles in history so I'm sure the show isn't geared for that.

Vorenus and Pullo reminded me of Rosencrantz & Guildenstern. LOL.

Octavia and Servillia seemed a bit out of the blue to me. I find it amusing that we know homosexuality was practiced regularly between men, how typicial HBO would show us lesbions (which I assume they think the idea is hotter).

8. Daquien

Daquien Coroner

Of course none of the deaths are unexpected but it's sad anyway.

What do u think would happen between Caesar & Servilia when he comes back?
    Maybe she forgives him when he saw that her son is ok and with him or probably she encourages Brutus to kill him.

Do u think the 1 season would end with Caesar's death?
    'Cause is going to be a 2 one,and Brutus died 2 years later.
    Sure M.Antony would be there 'cause he died 13 years after Caesar.
    But the boy who plays Octavian is too young to play a consul next season.

I don't mind they didn't show much of Farsalia's battle,I'd rather prefer personal stories than battle scenes.

p.d.I've read that last ep is called "Kalends of February",odd,as February didn't exist at that time,perhaps they thought "Idus of March" was too obvious... :devil:

9. Tripp3235

Tripp3235 Pathologist

Well, if they do end this season with Caeser's death, it seems not enough time (especially given how LITTLE they have showed of Ceaser) to get everything we know in. I believe Caeser spent at least a year living with Cleopatra before bringing her to Rome so they shouldn't really try to condense that into one episode.

I'm not sure what Servilia has in mind, I don't think she really cares for Octavia.

10. Daquien

Daquien Coroner

Yep,I don't think there's anything between Servilia & Octavia either.It was just that Servilia was worried about her son's fate and Octavia was grateful to her for being so kind.End of the story.

Time and space is quite relative in "Rome",'cause 1 ep took place 52 b.c. and Pompey's death was 48 b.c.But,for instance,Vorenus children or Niobe's baby haven't grow up an inch in all this time...
    And I found funny in first eps,when people went from Rome to the Gauls so fast and easily as they took a flight Rome-Paris !!!

I think next season would be about Mark Antony and Octavian rivalry as in Shakespeare's "Mark Antony & Cleopatra".So the boy has to grow up fast,'cause Octavian was 21 when Caesar died and Max Pirkis is only 15.
    Well,that if James Purefoy'll do it,'cause I've read he's one of the candidates to play James Bond:
    go here

Cat's Edit: i changed the link's text from the url to text.

11. Tripp3235

Tripp3235 Pathologist

Thanks for the information.

I, too, wondered if Octavian would remain a young teenager because I knew he was a man by the time Caesar died. We know he becomes Caeser Augustus after he successfully takes over Rome and reunites the empire.

I love Roman history, and I can learn to take the inaccuracies with a grain of salt. It was only like 2000 years ago. :)

12. Daquien

Daquien Coroner

IMO they didn't know if there was going to be a 2 season and that's why they go so fast.And that's a pity as I'd like to see more about Caesar & Pompey.I really like the relationship between Caesar & Brutus.

I love roman history too,I've studied 3 years of latin at High School,first year we translated Caesar's "War of the Gauls",second year Cicero's discours against Catilina (at that time my classmates & me thought Cicero deserved what happened to him,you know,beheaded and his head showed at the forum,for writing so many discours :devil: ).

Well,next ep we'll see all the Caesar-Cleopatra affair:

Caesarion.
    Having pursued Pompey into Egypt, Caesar arrives in Alexandria and meets the boy king Ptolemy XIII, who offers the general a surprise gift. Vorenus and Pullo play liberators again, freeing Ptolemy's incarcerated sister, Cleopatra. Caesar seeks payment from Egypt for past debts, and ends up forging a strategic union to ensure his legacy.
    (hbo).

13. Daquien

Daquien Coroner

Have u watched "Caesarion"?

I didn't like Cleopatra much as an opium junkie...
    But the Vorenus-Cleopatra scene was very funny and the look Vorenus gave Pullo when Caesar presented his son. :lol:

14. Tripp3235

Tripp3235 Pathologist

I just watched it last night. I thought the Vorenus-Pullo-Cleopatra scene was hilarious. Also funny the look Vorenus gave Pullo at the end when Ceasar held up "his" child.

I have no idea how I feel about Cleopatra right now. I'm going to have to see more scenes with her.

What's the deal with Servillia? I didn't get her welcome home to Brutus...is she ashamed of him?

I'm curious to see if they age Octavian any. This last episode encompassed a year and it's necessary for Octavian to be more than a boy for future scenes.

15. Daquien

Daquien Coroner

Yes,poor Brutus,I really like the scene in "Pharsalus" when Cicero and him surrender and I thought Servilia would be very happy to see that her son was ok,but I suppose she's still very angry with Caesar and ashame that he has pardoned Brutus.
    Dunno why they didn't show Porcia (Brutus' wife and Cato's daughter).