Rome.

Discussion in 'General TV & Media' started by Daquien, Sep 18, 2005.

1. Daquien

Daquien Coroner

If you're in the UK and watching it in the BBC,be careful,there are spoilers above.
    The BBC unfornutatly had mixed the 2 first episodes in 1.
    Maybe you can find the schedules here:
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/drama/rome/

2. Daquien

Daquien Coroner

Hey,I'm very happy because Cuatro is going to air "Roma" in Spain very soon.

3. Daquien

Daquien Coroner

ROME Begins Production of second season.

HBO's epic drama series ROME has begun production on its ten-episode second season, it was announced by Carolyn Strauss, president, HBO Entertainment. Filming of the new episodes will continue at Rome's Cinecitta Studios through next October, with debut set for 2007.

"This exciting series offers a spectacle unlike anything else on TV," noted Strauss. "The new episodes of ROME will go deeper into the intriguing characters and provocative storylines that made the first season a hit with critics and subscribers."

Chronicling the fall of a republic and the rise of an empire, the first season of ROME wrapped last December. TV Guide hailed it as a "feast for the eyes" and a "ripping good story," as well as a "shamelessly enjoyable historical romp," while the Washington Post described the series as "ravishing and wickedly shocking," and "a feast for the senses that includes generous portions of food for thought." In addition, ROME received two Golden Globe® nominations: Best Television Series - Drama and Best Performance by an Actress in a Television Series - Drama (Polly Walker).

Source:HBO.

HBO Rome videos.

4. Comte

Comte Police Officer

hey guys...
    any of u guys watched EMPIRE?
    runs along the same lines as ROME...
    i liked EMPIRE..
    haven watched ROME tho...
    hafta get the DVD sometime...

5. Daquien

Daquien Coroner

"Rome" 1º season DVDs will be released on August 15,more info here.

6. Daquien

Daquien Coroner

7. Daquien

Daquien Coroner

Rome season 2 begins tonight on HBO. :D :D :D

The second season begins shortly after Caesar's murder. Octavian devises a plan to keep his family from fleeing the city, news that Antony happily delivers to a nervous Brutus. Meanwhile, Vorenus mourns Niobe's death but curses his children, and Pullo and Eirene get married without knowing what's happened back in Rome.

8. lilbug

lilbug CSI Level Two

Really? It begins tonight?! *goes to check on the guide* YAY

9. Daquien

Daquien Coroner

Cleopatra arrives in Rome to pay her homage to Caesar, and to seek legitimization for Caesarion. Egypt's queen causes further complications between Anthony and Atia, who still struggles with Servilia. Timon's brother arrives from Jerusalem. The death of Erastes throws the underworld, and Rome's river commerce into chaos, and Pullo and Vorenus step into the gap. Octavian and Anthony begin a long and bitter rivalry with a dispute over Caesar's will and sharing of power.

10. addictedtoSpeed

addictedtoSpeed Judge

I didn't see this anywhere so anyways:

Did anyone watch Rome? I loved it! Sadly it only lasted two seasons but it was done so well! Usually shows aren't too worried about being historically accurate but this one was. While there were still things that weren't true or not quite right it was one of the best tv/movies I've seen done on Rome. Ciaran Hinds who played Ceasar was excellent in this! I really felt like he was Ceasar and really liked him. Likewise, James Purefoy did an excellent job as Marc Antony. Oh and the guy who played Cicero (sorry, can't think of his name at the moment) was excellent also.

11. Daquien

Daquien Coroner

Oh, I love Rome, I've got the 1º season in DVD, it has a lot of extras and came in a wooden box.
    The actor who played Cicero is called David Bamber. All the actors in that series were terrific.

12. addictedtoSpeed

addictedtoSpeed Judge

Thanks! I've never heard of him. Has he been in other things? I just saw Ciaran Hinds (Ceasar) in Munich last night, he's very good!