Rome.

Discussion in 'General TV & Media' started by Daquien, Sep 18, 2005.

1. Daquien

Daquien Coroner

Do u watch hbo Rome?
    I love peplums....

2. Tripp3235

Tripp3235 Pathologist

At first I had a hard time with the show. Too much going on and I felt the sex scenes were added for the sake of having sex scenes.

I am liking it better now, I really like Valenus (is that how you spell it?) and Pullo.

I'm also glad to see they finally show Ceasar to be epilectic as most movies/dramas leave that out.

3. Daquien

Daquien Coroner

Caesar was bald too,not as his character in "Rome",but that's a tv show,not a documental,nothing to do with history.

I think is spell Vorenus,Lucius Vorenus.

I like Atia,she's really bad...and Titus Pullo,he's funny.

Oh,and I see,in US you still having problems with sex scenes.
    One thing I never understand is why americans are so reluctant to watch sex scenes but don't mind about violent scenes.
    Sex is something natural,gunfiring not.

Hey,nice to read about someone that enjoys watching "Rome".

Regards. ;)

4. Tripp3235

Tripp3235 Pathologist

I don't mind sex scenes...when the scene has to do with the plot. I LOVED Sex in the City and had no issues with any of the sex scenes. Indeed I feel watching Sex in the City is pointless with it running on TBS because they had to cut so much out.

But Rome's sex scenes left a bad taste in my mouth, mainly because they felt so unnecessary, like they just wanted to add them because it's a show on HBO and they can.

To not sound graphic, I was hoping to see one between Vorenus and his wife after Pullo helped him with talk of "the button". :devil: But they skipped anything like that, a scene that might be meaningful as it helps to progress the plot. *shrug*

5. Daquien

Daquien Coroner

Atia uses sex to get what she wants,I mean,she wants the white horse:sex with Timon,Mark Antony is getting powerful,sex with him,etc....

Vorenus had sex with her wife in the 2 ep,but she didn't seemed happy about it...Well,for obvious reasons...

Well,there are more things than sex in "Rome".
    What do u think about Pullo and Vorenus getting rich?

6. Tripp3235

Tripp3235 Pathologist

Rich as in how? Vorenus made Pullo give the money back. (So like him LOL)

I hope they make Mark Antony a bit more likeable, I have always liked the actor playing him.

I do like the previews for next week and Vorenus may find out the big secret about his wife (which I doubt, seems to early. My prediction is she will fall in love with him nd when things are perfect, THAT'S when he finds out.)

7. Daquien

Daquien Coroner

I've read somewhere that "Rome" was about 2 soldiers that become rich,so they pass from a lower class to an upper one.Maybe Vorenus has success in his new business,maybe the review wasn't accurate.

IMO Pullo knows about Niobe and her brother in law,if Vorenus discover it,he'll kill her and him both,so I think Pullo'll help to make things softer.

The 4 ep remembered me 2 films:when Caesar told Antony not to contradict him in front of enemys,it was as Vito Corleone and his eldest son in the "Godfather".
    And when Caesar had an epilectic attack,he looks as the girl of "The Exorcist".

Do u think Octavius is gonna keep the secret?

8. Tripp3235

Tripp3235 Pathologist

I'm not sure about Octavius. The kid is a lot smart than his mom gives him credit for, and I hope he does keep it. But if you read Shakespeare's Julies Ceaser the secret gets out.

Well, that fortune teller did tell Niobe that Vorenus would become rich, he could have done that by going back to the army. I worry about Marc Anthony warning him the next time they meet won't go so good.

9. oceanbirch

oceanbirch CSI Level Two

I was a bit confused as to what was happening to Caesar, but that clears it up. For some reason I thought he was hooked on drugs.

I've gotten hooked on this show. Lucious and Titus are my favorites. As far as all the sex and nudity goes, that's HBO for you.

10. Daquien

Daquien Coroner

11. Daquien

Daquien Coroner

What about "The ram has touched the wall"?

I think is gonna be sad,when they´ll kill Pompey,then Caesar,Brutus(I like him,he's nice).
    There are gonna do a 2 season,do u think all of these gonna stay in or they've been killed this season?
    Probably next season only Mark Antony,Octavius,Vorenus,Pullo,Atia & Servilia? will be alive..

12. Tripp3235

Tripp3235 Pathologist

It depends on how they will do it. Cleopatra will have to be introduced and I'm curious about her, but she and Anthony will be killed eventually as well.

I personally think Vorenus and Pullo and Octavius will have to emerge as strong players and I'm curious to see how that works out.

13. Daquien

Daquien Coroner

2 season it's going to be aired in 2007 !!!
    OMG so far away....

14. Tripp3235

Tripp3235 Pathologist

I watched last night the new episode. Pretty good. I am liking Pullo and Octavius (they work well as a team) more and more.

15. Daquien

Daquien Coroner

Don't know what to think about Pullo and Octavius together,the boy's evil and Pullo's naive,Octavius could use him easily.
    I feel bad about what they did with Niobe's lover. :(

How bad Caesar and Servilia ended up.
    :rolleyes:

Where did Pompey and the rest go through the sea?