Rock/Alternative music

Funny Rob Zombie came up.....I have been running to a lot of his stuff lately. It's really good "angry/crap, I have to get up this big hill" music!!!! :)

And yes, I am as obsessed with running as I am with music. I listen to a lot of the stuff all of you have mentioned in this thread while running. Offspring, Chilli Peppers, My Chemical Romance (a current fav in my ipod mix).......there is nothing like a good rock song with a heavy beat to get me running. :)

The heavier and faster the tempo of the music, the faster I walk. The faster I walk, the less time it takes me, to get where I have to be. Rob, is one of the best.

Cool :D I'll advice you... Go with Oceanborn or Wishmaster first ;) ONCE is good too, but...Century Child... it's probably their "worst" album (and it's not THAT bad either)

Kazzy agrees with the Wishmaster comment! :D It's such a great album!

Hmm, I do wonder if I should get Over the Hills and far away or Angels Falls First...?

Hmmm? Pearl Jam comes to mind. :D

Pffft.

You say that like, I have all their albums (on CD and Vinyl), have some fan club vinyls, belong to the fan club, have all the 2000/2003 released official bootlegs, etc. etc. etc.

Pffft.

Hypothetical question:

Okay say I have some money, and I was to go down to the record store today. And say that I happen to find myself in the Tragically Hip section. Are you following me with this question? Okay, what album, would be a great album to start my collection, I want an album that will just blow my mind and just grab me and make me, :eek:?

This is purely hypothetical, ;)

I second Baba'a request, hypothetically, of course......I have also grown curious about this band you speak so highly of. :)

I am always up for listening to new stuff (well, new to me)

Haha. Wondering when someone was going to notice what I said.

The Killer's new vid/song is 'All These Things That I've Done' and it was aired on TRL (sadly) a few days ago. In it they're all dressed up as cowboys. And there is a shower scene with Brandon. :devil:

Has anyone seen the video for Honest Mistake?

Baba_O, drkara, in response to your hypothetical question. I would say... I would say... Oh, good Lord this is hard. So many to chose from... But I would say Road Apples, & Fully Completely are two of their best.

No wait. Scratch, Fully. Live Between Us. There are songs from their first six cds. Road Apples is by far the best joyriding cd. If you are going at the right speed down a winding, hilly, back country road... You know, the posted speed limit is there for decoration. Sunroof open, windows down, OOOOOHHHHH!!!!!!!!! I's getting so stoked for my HIP on Saturday. *giddy* :lol:

Sorry. Right. Yes so long story short. Road Apples and Live Between Us. That is my final answer. Best joy riding song is Born In The Water. I can listen to it 3X, from the road off the highway to my uncle's cottage. Speed limit's 50KM. We do 80KM. If you go slower, the car is out of sync with the song. If you go faster, the song is out of sync with the car. It is a fine balance.

Love that question. :D

Back