Rock/Alternative music

I've heard Less Than Jake before and they're cool, Chili Peppers are in moderation, and David Bowie is good as well.

Of all the 80's bands I still listen to the most they are U2 and Bon Jovi. Still good. :p

Now don't get the the new sounds of RHCP and the old school 80s sounds of RHCP confused. Because the 80s version is so tough and RAW it really can be compared with the now version.

That's cool! I have two copies of White Zombie's Astro Creep 2000, on vinyl. Blue, translucent vinyl. One I opened. One is for a rainy day. ;)

I love Bon Jovi, *drool*. The music is great, too! I would love to stay and chat a while but my cat is eating a plastic bag, she is so hungry.

I've listened to all my vinyls :eek:, but I like the sound of music on vinyl it just so good. Just like the Pearl Jam song "Spin The Black Circle" states, it's just so true, music touches me easier this way.

You take 20 vinyl LPs of he same artist, same release. Not one sounds the same. *I'm getting teary eyed thinking about the glory days*. :lol:

I forgot to mention on of the best LA based punk bands, nope not Bad Relgion (already mentioned them).

Got to give it up to the old school punk band, 'X'. John Doe is a great guitarist, and Exene Cervenka is an awesome vocalist.

thumbsup for this band.

My brother loves Rob Zombie/White Zombie/whatever zombie. He especially loves More Human Than Human.

Has anyone heard of Powerman 5000?

I just thought I would mention it for no reason at all, but I saw most of VH1's Driven for Greenday.

I've never heard of Nightwish until you guys mentioned it.. Are they good?

Evanesscence is more rock. And even their singer isn't bad, you can hear from voice that Tarja... has studied more it.

So, depends what you like. They've been my favourite band since 1998.
They play metal (don't know the exact metal type) with a female vocalist (well, now Marco sings in songs too, but it's mostly Tarja), who is a soprano. She's studied in great schools and her voice is amazing.
You can go to http://www.nightwish.com and check them out. There may be some soundclips.

Yes. Go ahead. Tell your brother. :D Powerman 5000 is fronted by Rob's younger brother Spider. There music is as incredible as Rob's.

DaWacko, thanks for the Nightwish link. Now I can go check out their stuff.

I'm back. I'm SOLD!!!!!!!! :D :D :D

No problem... erm,,back from... NIghtwish homepage?
Did you sell yourself to them :p

and, as a comment. ROB ZOMBIE KICKS ASS! :devil:

No. I didn't sell my self to them. :lol: But I will start looking for the cds next time I'm at HMV.

To go with your Rob Zombie comment. He's HOT! :devil: No. Seriously.

Cool :D I'll advice you... Go with Oceanborn or Wishmaster first ;) ONCE is good too, but...Century Child... it's probably their "worst" album (and it's not THAT bad either)

Thanks for the tip. I will keep that in mind. On second thought... I'm copying that post so I can take with. I O.D. @ record stores all the time. If I have list, I can cope far better.

Back