Rock/Alternative music

AAAAAARRRRRRRGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I just heard on the news that Derek Whibley (Sum 41) and Avril Lavigne (sp?) are engaged. A true punk guy and a poser. How disgusting. :mad:

1.Avril Lavigne is a solo and 2.Dont label it puts blank stickers out of business!!! (Lol) But! you do know that they *wub* eachother and thats all that matters! :D

yeah The Offspring's Can't Repeat is a good one. My favorite has to be either Why Don't You Get a Job? or Come Out and Play(Keep Em Seperated)

I like "All I Want" Oh I remember, it was my first Offspring song I ever heard *sighs* and Cool to Hate :lol:
Americana was good album, too. The Spinter is good too and "Da Hui" just ruins the whole album.

Keep 'Em Seperated describes my little siblings....cause we do have to keep them seperated. :p

And TTHipFreak, who cares if they're engaged? I like both Sum 41 and Avril and as long as they are happy and keep cracking out the tunes, I'm happy. :D

Anyone heard of Taking Back Sunday?

^:lol: I have had troubles to listen to Keep 'em Seperated after I heard Weird Al's version.

I started to doubt myself is it really his parody or just one of the songs that have been claimed to be his

*mumbles at looks at Weird Al's website*

Yeah, thought so, it's not his. I just got some from my friend, so at the moment I posted that I thought "perhaps the song isn't his" and it seems it is not :p

A Complicated Song is by him and it's funny too.

I started to doubt myself is it really his parody or just one of the songs that have been claimed to be his

*mumbles at looks at Weird Al's website*

Yeah, thought so, it's not his. I just got some from my friend, so at the moment I posted that I thought "perhaps the song isn't his" and it seems it is not :p

A Complicated Song is by him and it's funny too.

He has a "tour only" parody of 'Keep Them Seperated', it's called Laundry Day. I know it's his because I've been to one of his concerts in which he sung this song, it's not a full song, just a chorus parody, and it was in a medley of shorter songs, like a Pizza delivery song that parodies Celion Dion's "Titantic" song.

Ask me any weird al question, I probably can answer any of them.

Oh yes, I read about the medley... But the one I have isn't real Weird Al...
I didn't know that he had done music for so long :eek:

Anyways, continuing.. I was listening to Nightwish's Wishmaster today in a car. That is the Nightwish I love. I still have troubles to get used to their new style... I love Wishmaster album.

One of my best friends likes Nighttwish. I myself have only ever heard one song that she downloaded for me. I thought they sounded vaguelly like Evanescense but she said that was a disgrace to Nighttwish. :rolleyes:

Yeah it is. Because
1) Nightwish was there first
2) and their music are not same kind of music

waaaaaaaait Avril and Derek arent really engaged?? Okeydokey im confused right now.
Avril isnt a poser - how many singers do you know that sing the lyrics she has. she's original and a tougha$$ - plus she beats boys up - too cool ;)

Yeah they are. It is all over the news shows and radio up here. And Avril being a poser... How many punk people pronounce David Bowie's name incorrectly? How many punk rockers send in songs to get to sing with Shania Twain in concert? With Shania posters all over their bedroom walls. Her first cd was all cowritten with other people. The station I listen to NEVER plays Avril. Nor do they play Alanis. Yet another poser. Granted, they are more talented than the Britneys and Ashleys of the music world. But they are still posers. Alanis had two cds released here before Jagged Little Pill. If you heard them, you'd drop dead from laughing. They are THAT bad. Think big puffy, curly Paula Abdul hair. Mega hoop earrings, dancing around like an 80's Madonna video. Choreographed dancing, striped leggings, cut-off jeans over top, with a leather jacket with shoulder pads. Those two were released between '90 and '93.

We have Bif Naked. She sings about the worst things that have ever happened to her in her life. The fact that she is a let down to her family, *WTF?* Her birth parents. They were young teens. Being sexually assualted by a friend's older brother when she was 12. Getting married at 19, getting pregnant, then was told to get an abortion. Her time as an alcohlic, she is one of the most incredible women out there. She also talks/sings about her being bi. Other singers Jann Arden, Sarah MacLachlin, Sarah Harmer, Holly McNarland, Chantal Kreviazuk. I could go on.

She'd agree with you, DaWacko! :p

Enough of Avril and Derek, please!!! If they're happy, why is it a problem?

Has anyone seen the new Killers video? It is freaking hilarious!

See i dont mind choreographed dancing - im not a fan of Alanis but just cuz Avril likes her that doesnt mean theres anything wrong with that. And we dont have to classify her as punk - her music isnt even punk at all actually, its a bit alternative/pop to me. Well sometimes atleast. And if you listened carefully, if you listened to the lyrics and the way she tones her voice i dont know if youve heard her song "together" or "how does it feel" youd know what i mean about her voice. She just does somethin and its different. I dont like posers and she doesnt either (which is why she got so offended when her fans started acting like her - even though she later denied being hurt by it, saying she simply wants to have her own thing going on) - i dont see her as a poser. And if you do, id like to know who you think she's posing as. If shes into Alanis and Shania but dresses and sings entirely different songs. She's not punk in her songs, but dresses kinda punk - that makes her a poser? I dress punk sometimes, and im not the least bit interested in most of these punk rock bands out now. I dress in hip/hop attire too - doesnt mean im tryin to be eminem :lol:

Back