Rick Stetler/David Lee Smith--Some Bad Boys ARE Cute Up Close!

Which Rick Stetler do you like? Nice or Nasty?

• Mean and nasty!

Votes: 2 18.2%
  • The IAB Agent with a Heart

Votes: 6 54.5%
  • If Rick Stetler's on, I'll watch!

Votes: 3 27.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Okay, everybody. Couple more eppies to go, and our favorite IAB agent will be back. WOOHOOOOO!!

So, since it's looking like DLS has only one more epi left, what's on your wish list for S8? Or should I put up another poll? ;)

Okay, everybody. Couple more eppies to go, and our favorite IAB agent will be back. WOOHOOOOO!!

So, since it's looking like DLS has only one more epi left, what's on your wish list for S8? Or should I put up another poll? ;)

Another poll might be good. But at the top of my wishlist is simply: MORE STETLER! MORE FACETIME/SCREENTIME! :thumbsup:

Unfortunately, I tried to put up a new poll, but it looks like I can only make one poll per thread. So here are the things on my wish list for our IAB agent in S8:

-Finally make Lieutenant and transfer out of IAB

-Tone down the ties and shirts

-Heck, since all our CSI's are going shirtless, how about letting Rick get in on the act?

Unfortunately, I tried to put up a new poll, but it looks like I can only make one poll per thread. So here are the things on my wish list for our IAB agent in S8:

-Finally make Lieutenant and transfer out of IAB

-Tone down the ties and shirts

-Heck, since all our CSI's are going shirtless, how about letting Rick get in on the act?

I agree, it's time for him to get that promotion. Just as long as it means we'll see MORE of him.

I wish they'd knock it off with the bad ties/shirts, but it just seems to only get worse with each season.

And YES, it's time for a shirtless Rick. What if he has a horse, and has to give the horse a bath? He'd get water and shampoo on his shirt and he'd HAVE to take it off.

What if he has a horse, and has to give the horse a bath? He'd get water and shampoo on his shirt and he'd HAVE to take it off.

Aw heck, not even a horse! I've seen a lot of these officers around here wash their own patrol cars (usually just run it through those Autobell or self-serve car washes), and yep, they get their uniforms pretty wet, although in the North Carolina summer, that's not such a bad thing.

So HnSFan is looking forward to The Horse vs The Hairy Beast, huh? :guffaw::devil: Wonder if I smell another fanfic coming on. :thumbsup:

I was also thinking that if they do send Rick somewhere else, he might get to see more action. Something along the lines of Chief Sinclair in CSI NY's "Not What It Looks Like" when he puts on the vest and carries a shotgun to rescue that girl. Somehow I think that's what our guy would be more suited for rather than paperwork and interrogations.

I was surprised when a few people recently said they absolutely HATE Stetler.....I guess I've just been used to all this current love for him!

Stets......did anyone think that part was friggin' weird?

And ha, Eric has been the only one to be shirtless though Ryan totally should have been in 7.20. ANYWAY, I'm not sure DLS shirtless would be that pretty of a sight. But you never know. I don't really find him outstandingly attractive, but I like him and his character, so that's why I post in this thread. :)

I'm not sure DLS shirtless would be that pretty of a sight. But you never know.

Actually, that depends on your er, uh, taste. Don't know whether you've ever seen DLS in an open shirt (We got a glimpse of glory in "Whacked" when Yelina tossed him out with that fake shiner). Let's just say the man owns his own fur coat! Actually, he doesn't look too bad. In those suits he kind of looks like a tall, skinny thing, but the few times he's worn casual clothes, it looks like he works out.

I think a lot of the hate comes from the early days with his rivalry with Horatio and the thing with Yelina in "Crime Wave", which, if you look at how he is toward her the rest of the time, the black eye is very OOC for him. But I'd say about 95% of the time he's just being the enforcer and doing his job. In recent years he really seems to have softened up.

A couple of DLS banners I made but haven't yet resized for this forum.

http://lynnirwinstewart.yuku.com/sreply/28901/t/DLS-Banners-Are-Here-.html

http://www.bebo.com/PhotoAlbumBig.jsp?MemberId=4859716639&PhotoNbr=1&PhotoAlbumId=7024804716

http://lynnirwinstewart.yuku.com/sreply/28810/t/DLS-Banners-Are-Here-.html

You're right about Ryan, though. My apologies.

Recently I've noticed that Stetler always looks like he doesn't like doing some of the stuff he has to do. Either that DLS doesn't like it ha....So that's how I really softened up to his character I think. Plus him and H's rivalry cracks me up.

Recently I've noticed that Stetler always looks like he doesn't like doing some of the stuff he has to do. Either that DLS doesn't like it ha....So that's how I really softened up to his character I think. Plus him and H's rivalry cracks me up.

DC and DLS have an awesome chemistry when they do their scenes. Maybe a lot of it is that a dark-haired Southern guy and an Irish redhead makes for such an interesting contrast.

I'm unfortunately short on time. More later! :)

DC and DLS have an awesome chemistry when they do their scenes. Maybe a lot of it is that a dark-haired Southern guy and an Irish redhead makes for such an interesting contrast.

Ha, I'm a dark haired Irish chick who has lived in the south...I'm conflicted!!!:)

Ha, I'm a dark haired Irish chick who has lived in the south...I'm conflicted!!!:)

My back has been out for the last two days. *grimace* I need some of Alamance's Tylox. Seriously.

Hollyyo, I'm Southern on my dad's side, and Scottish mostly on my mom's, with some Irish from both sides. I was born with Strawberry blonde hair that got darker as I got older. So I like to dye it back to its natural color. :lol: My hair is conflicted.

Now about hair--specifically DLS's chest "fur" as I love to call it. To each their own, but to me it's a real turn on. I think if guys have chest fur/hair they should never shave it. Trimming it is one thing, but shaving it all away, I say Noooooooooo! Don't do it. It's supposed to be there. It's manly and sexy.

So I'd like to see a shirtless Rick. But I'd be happy if they at least showed him in casual clothes again like they did in a couple of those earlier eps, and yes, Alamance, I agree that it looked like he worked out. He had nice arms. So gimme Rick in a short-sleeved shirt with a low enough neckline so that the "fur" shows!!!

OK, now about what Rick would rather do job-wise. Well, I think he'd rather be more of a Man of Action than stuck doing paperwork and interrogation. Definitely. I think he's always wanted to be like Horatio. I think he admires H and wants to be like him. And I don't think he has ill will toward H the way he seemed to in some of the earlier eps. Even though we saw more of his "enforcer" personality come out in the last ep. he's still concerned enough to warn H in the scene toward the end to not interfere with Saris and get himself in trouble. But he probably knows H will interfere anyway.

Ahhhhh. You want to talk about conflict?? I'm a former Yankee who married an Ozark mountain man! My in-laws' idea of fun on the Fourth of July is to light firecrackers and throw them at each other! :eek: So far, nobody in the family is nicknamed "Stumpy", but Jeff Foxworthy's redneck jokes make a whole lot of sense to me!

Sorry about your back, HnSFan. The bruises are finally starting to fade around my sutures. Hubby wants to to the supermarket today and I'm BEGGING HIM to take me along (I can't drive until I've stopped taking the Tylox for 24 hours).

In many ways, Rick reminds me so much of Chief Sinclair in CSI NY. Chief Sinclair is a politician when he has to be, but when his back's up against the wall, he can be a real cop again ("Not What It Looks Like"). I'd really like to see something like that in Miami--Rick comes up to warn H about a situation. H tells him about the imminent danger, at which point, Rick will tell an officer to bring him a vest and a shotgun--that he's going in with the rest of the police. I like to think that's our Rick. :adore:

DLS wears an open shirt and wife beaters in "Divine Secrets of the Ya Ya Sisterhood". Just so you don't have to watch all the way through, he makes his big debut about 1:05 into the movie. Trust me; the guy is FURREEE!

I remember having a guy like that during my surgery days. I had to peel that chest hair off him in a hurry. By the time I'd gotten him shaved I could've knitted a sweater off him! And he was mad at me! Sometimes I think that chest hair is their personality, so to speak, but I digress.

It must feel really weird and awful to guys with chest hair to have it shaved off like that. Especially if they don't want it removed.

I've seen Divine Secrets of the Ya Ya Sisterhood. I saw it about a year ago. I don't remember seeing DLS's chest fur in it! I wonder if I missed that part! :confused: Now I'll have to be sure and watch it next time it's on!!!

I got the same vibe about Chief Sinclair when I saw him in one of the recent episodes. Yes, our Rick could be like that! :thumbsup:

I rented the DVD while hubby was at a conference. Ordinarily I don't care for chick flicks, but this one was really good, IMHO. But DLS was the main reason I rented it.

DLS didn't disappoint, either. DLS was so hairy in those wife beaters you could barely see his skin! As one person said, "The man owns his own fur coat!" :guffaw: But it was so endearing to see his character hug and kiss his little daughter.

It's been my experience that guys who are furry like that are really, ah, how shall I say it? PROTECTIVE of their "personality". The young man I had to peel came in for an emergency appendectomy, and I had about three minutes to strip him naked from shoulders to waist before they got him under the knife. The anesthesiologist had doped him up, but he was still sober enough to yell and cuss at me while I peeled him. I guess when he realized later that we'd saved his life he thanked us.

I rented the DVD while hubby was at a conference. Ordinarily I don't care for chick flicks, but this one was really good, IMHO. But DLS was the main reason I rented it.

DLS didn't disappoint, either. DLS was so hairy in those wife beaters you could barely see his skin! As one person said, "The man owns his own fur coat!" :guffaw: But it was so endearing to see his character hug and kiss his little daughter.

It's been my experience that guys who are furry like that are really, ah, how shall I say it? PROTECTIVE of their "personality". The young man I had to peel came in for an emergency appendectomy, and I had about three minutes to strip him naked from shoulders to waist before they got him under the knife. The anesthesiologist had doped him up, but he was still sober enough to yell and cuss at me while I peeled him. I guess when he realized later that we'd saved his life he thanked us.

That's really interesting, and I figure DLS really likes his "fur coat" or else he'd shave it, or trim it. Awww, I'm glad he hasn't done that. I love your sig by the way. I've been meaning to tell you that. :lol:

I'll have to rent the Ya Ya movie again so I can see those scenes I missed.

I saw the cast list for the Miami finale, and our guy Rick isn't in it. So if he has any Man of Action scene it's going to have to be in the 24th episode. Saris isn't in the finale either; it looks like it's going to be all about the Russian storyline.

Back