Rick Stetler/David Lee Smith--Some Bad Boys ARE Cute Up Close!

Which Rick Stetler do you like? Nice or Nasty?

• Mean and nasty!

Votes: 2 18.2%
  • The IAB Agent with a Heart

Votes: 6 54.5%
  • If Rick Stetler's on, I'll watch!

Votes: 3 27.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I'm so sorry but I never liked Stetler in the show. I apologise if I offend anyone but I don't miss him on the show.

You're entitled to your opinion, but it was uncool to place it in this thread. This is a thread for *fans* of the character and actor, which should be obvious from the title of the thread. The spoiler thread would've been the place to express a negative opinion, not here.

To turn things to the positive and fun: I myself simply can't wait for Rick's return in the next new episode. I'll be recording the episode for sure, and SQUEEING when I see him!!! :)

HnStetlerfan said:
You're entitled to your opinion, but it was uncool to place it in this thread. This is a thread for *fans* of the character and actor, which should be obvious from the title of the thread. The spoiler thread would've been the place to express a negative opinion, not here.

Yes, members are entitled to their opinions and it's certainly within the rules to express a critical opinion here just like in any other thread. This thread may be a great place for fans of said character to convene and may pertain principarily to the love/appreciation of him/her but we're not about to censor those who feel differently or dislike a certain aspect of a character. It would be a pretty boring place if we all agreed all the time and no 'one' thread should be off-limits to a certain view or fan.

In short, threads shouldn't be segregated; those who dislike a character are free to bring it up in an appreciation thread just as much as those who are fans of a character are free to enter a dislike thread (if there is one) to disagree and discuss.

However, I will ask that all opinions are developed/backed up with reasons so that it contributes to the discussion at hand. Tell us why (general) you feel that way, please. :) Thanks!

--------------------

To turn things to the positive and fun: I myself simply can't wait for Rick's return in the next new episode. I'll be recording the episode for sure, and SQUEEING when I see him!!! :)

I'm excited to see his return as well -- it's been such a long time and it's nice that Stetler's been one of the few recurring characters that have stuck around since the earlier seasons. I'm also hoping they keep him around for future seasons so that we get to see him develop a bit more, even if he's never been a central character. I love me some secondary characters and Stetler's near the top of the list of my favourites. :)

Last edited:
Me either. I even miss him. :lol: He brought something to the show when he was there.

What episode is it he leaves Yelina's house with a black eye? I'd like to make an icon of that. :lol:

Hey Luff, when you do, could you please show me where to find it? I've been looking everywhere for those pics. I really want to learn how to make screencaps so I have my own and don't have to keep borrowing everybody else's.

Anybody in the mood for a nitpick? Assuming Yelina had just given him that black eye, that was wrong. Old Rickypoo was sporting about a 24-48-hour shiner. If Yelina (or somebody else) had just clocked him, he would have had a red mark or a swelling around his eye.

Here's the scene. We get a glimpse of RICK RUG about one minute in. :drool:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hfgGQKrXC8o

Me too. I just hope this time they make him more into the enforcer he was in earlier seasons. I think they made him out as a doofus in S6 (Cyber-Lebrity, Down to the Wire).

Me too. I just hope this time they make him more into the enforcer he was in earlier seasons. I think they made him out as a doofus in S6 (Cyber-Lebrity, Down to the Wire).

I loved the dialogue in Cyber-Lebrity, but not what they made him wear. Maybe that's why TPTB only show his back in the promo picture. They're trying to tease us, and get us wondering if he has a bad shirt and/or tie on. :lol:

Haha, those ties they have him wear....along with the shirts....it's even worse than Ryan's one color schemes and Eric's floral pimp shirts put together!! For some reason the terrible taste in clothes doesn't fit his character. It's hard to take him serious when he's coming down on someone while wearing bright, cheery colors. Ha, but it makes it more fun.

:)

Has anyone seen that Man in the Moon movie? I keep meaning to order it.

Haha, those ties they have him wear....along with the shirts....it's even worse than Ryan's one color schemes and Eric's floral pimp shirts put together!! For some reason the terrible taste in clothes doesn't fit his character. It's hard to take him serious when he's coming down on someone while wearing bright, cheery colors. Ha, but it makes it more fun.

I think it's OK if they have him wear a tie that's a little off, but when it's the whole outfit, I just want to take a nerf bat to that wardrobe person. :scream: DLS looks soooo handsome in a nice suit like the one in "Ambush" and soooo sexy in casual clothes like what he wore in "Hell Night." That's what I want to see him in. But if they have to put him in something a little funky, I've noticed that blue is really his color, so he could pull off that shirt and tie they had him wear in "Stand Your Ground." People with brown eyes look good in blue. If I knew how to do it without "hotlinking" it, I'd post a pic here of him from Stand Your Ground that I love. (I've been too lazy to figure out how to post pics without hotlinking, but eventually I'll get to it).

:) Has anyone seen that Man in the Moon movie? I keep meaning to order it.

No, what Man in the Moon movie?

They're sure to do the promo for ep 21 tonight! I'll be planted in front of the tv. They'll probably show it during Criminal Minds.

and soooo sexy in casual clothes like what he wore in "Hell Night."

I dunno. Anybody besides me think DLS was a little, er, uh, cold in "Hell Night?" :guffaw::drool:

Actually, I was thinking about him showing off those guns of his in Pro Per. I made a banner of that one, but I have to resize it. Maybe while I'm on medical leave, if I'm coherent enough, I'm gonna resize some of my Rick-centric banners.

Aw, well heck. Here ya go! At least till I resize it.
http://lynnirwinstewart.yuku.com/sreply/28810/t/DLS-Banners-Are-Here-.html

And I'm still looking for screencaps of him in "Whacked". Nice little glimpse of Rick Rug! :lol::drool::thumbsup:

I dunno. Anybody besides me think DLS was a little, er, uh, cold in "Hell Night?" :guffaw::drool:

:lol: Uh, yeah. :drool: So he needs us to "help" him with that by removing the shirt. Just to be sure he's OK and everything. :devil:

Actually, I was thinking about him showing off those guns of his in Pro Per. I made a banner of that one, but I have to resize it. Maybe while I'm on medical leave, if I'm coherent enough, I'm gonna resize some of my Rick-centric banners.

Great! :thumbsup: (But take care of yourself, too)

And I'm still looking for screencaps of him in "Whacked". Nice little glimpse of Rick Rug! :lol::drool::thumbsup:

I LOVE "Rick Rug!" :lol::drool: I know where you can find those screencaps. Look in your PM box. I'm going to send you something.

Actually I think it was Man From the Moon, Man in the Moon is a totally different movie.

It's just some movie DLS has been in.

Actually I think it was Man From the Moon, Man in the Moon is a totally different movie.

It's just some movie DLS has been in.

Really??? I'm going to have to go over to his IMDB site and check that out. I have seen, and I bought, "Man From Earth." He's the main character in that one, so I get to ogle big time.

DLS is IN Man From the Moon.

Man IN the Moon is a different movie altogether with no DLS.

I checked DLS's IMDB site and googled that title, and I can't find it. :confused:

There was a movie with a similar title with Jim Carrey in it. Did the one with DLS have Jim Carrey in it?

Incidentally, it doesn't look like DLS's IMDB site is being kept up to date very well. It doesn't even have him listed to show up in the episode this Monday, even though you can see him in the promo. It makes me wonder if we're going to find out he was working on a couple movies during the time he wasn't in any Miami eps this season.

I guess we'll find out. Not sure who keeps the website up to date.

I also wonder whether he's going to be on this coming Monday. I was looking at the episode guide, and unless they haven't been updating that, it says Miami is going to have a rerun from S6. But then again it also says 4/11 instead of 4/13. :confused:

I guess we'll find out. Not sure who keeps the website up to date.

I also wonder whether he's going to be on this coming Monday. I was looking at the episode guide, and unless they haven't been updating that, it says Miami is going to have a rerun from S6. But then again it also says 4/11 instead of 4/13. :confused:

That's just a repeat they're airing on Saturday. Don't worry, he'll be on Monday night. :)

Back