Review The Last Film You Saw ~ Thread 3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Casanova.

I. Love. Heath. Ledger. God, this movie had me in stitches. xD And that blonde chick that Casanova had to wed; oh my god she is such a sex hound! It's insane how obsessed with sex they were back then... it's like Casanova was McDreamy/McSteamy/any other Sex God xD And the ending was so... it was so romantic and sweet. <3

I could go on and on about it, but I don't want to get into a rant about how awesome this movie was. xD I have three words for everybody:

Go see it.

I just watched Lars and the Real Girl and it was not what I was expecting at all... although I don't really know what I was expecting! :lol:

Anyway, the whole cast was amazing, the storyline was very refreshing, and overall, I walked away with a real "feel good" sort of impression. It was just a really enjoyable movie, and it made me smile a lot. I'd highly recommend it, again, for those of you who enjoy the occasional less than mainstream type viewing. It's not total arthouse by any means, but I mean, the subject matter alone makes it a little unusual! :lol:

Hancock.

It was a good movie. The special effects were awesome and I loved the humour. The writing in the middle could have used some work. They just sort of jumped into a storyline and didn't give a back story *well the story they gave was so quick and jumbled and confusing*

But I kind of have a special spot in my heart for this movie, I was in California when they were filming so I got to see a scene before anyone else (and thus knew a major factor of the movie) and so, yeah.

out of 5 stars I'd give it a 3.5.

Finding Neverland

now i know its not a new movie per se, but i just saw it the other night and i was stunned.
it was amazingly motivational, it has a very good storyline and cast.

I just watched Dogville, from the director of Dancing in the Dark (with Bjork). It's a very unusual movie and if you're not into minimalism, I definitely wouldn't recommend it- in some ways it's very much like a play that's been filmed. However, I really liked it a lot, and there were some amazing performances- Nicole Kidman, Paul Bettany and Patricia Clarkson. James Caan had a small role but was amazing nonetheless. I think that, not unlike Dancer in the Dark, the writer/director seems to like to see how much he can heap upon a character- or rather, how much an audience can handle watching someone get wronged over and over again before we start to become miserable ourselves. Very thought provoking.

The last movie I saw was Body Shots. Emily Procter and Ron Livingston (Office Space) are in it. Let me know if you've seen this movie.
It's very interesting to say the least. I knew what I was getting into before I watched it so it wasn't a total surprise. Basically, it's eight people - 4 girls and 4 boys probably in their late 20's - who have normal jobs during the day, but go out at night and... well... stuff happens from there. If you're a big Emily P. fan like me you are going to be shocked about the things she says, but hey, it's just a movie.

i've seen like 4 movies this past week alone:

Scrooged with Bill Murray and Karen Allen. hysterically funny, i love Bill Murray. basically got it for both actors and i just wanted to see a movie that Karen Allen was in besides Animal House and Raiders of the Lost Ark. i like the Ghost of Christmas Present part when the Ghost keeps smacking Bill Murray's character lol.

Casablanca- what a fantastic movie, one of my faves.

An Affair to Remember- i wish i could fall in love like Cary Grant and Deborah Kerr did haha.

Caddyshack- whacked out and totally amazing.

"Cloverfield" I thought it was a good movie--well once I got used to the camera movements. Now I haven't seen other movies that were done this way but I liked it. I thought it gave you more interaction--like you were the one filming.

Althought the monster when it was showed at the end, the face looked like an elephant of some sort, but those little buggers that came off it were like giant mutated spiders and to me that is scarier than the big one

I swear to God that movie made me have a seizure or something because dangit, those camera movements were horrible. And really hurts my eyes. :lol:

Last night I saw Made of Honor. Horrible, horrible movie. I guess it's because it's a chick flick and I'm just not into those, but it was just poorly written and the ending was predictable.

Not even Patrick Dempsy could save it.

i just saw "Batman: The Dark Knight" and "Mamma Mia!" this past friday.

Mamma Mia! was amazing!!!! i saw the show on Broadway twice i loved it so much. Meryl Streep and Amanada Seyfried were brilliant as Donna and Sophie Sheridan. Amanda Seyfried has a wonderful singing voice. my fave parts were "Lay All You Love on Me" and "Dancing Queen". what i loved the most was how they stuck to the play, it was the way the play would be if it weren't on stage (it written, directed and produced by the same people that do the stage show). Pierce Brosnon was good when he didn't have to sing lol. i'm going to see this movie like 3 more times, it was soo much fun. everyone in the theater was singing and clapping to the songs and cheering during "Dancing Queen", "Mamma Mia", and "Waterloo" at the end.

i saw the midnight showing of Batman. i thought it was ok, i like the superhero genre i've seen some movies like that but i just wasn't into this as much. my friend had an extra ticket so i went but other than that i would never have sat through it. i thought it was long and a bit boring in some parts. Heath Ledger was awesome totally worth every amount of hype he got for this movie he had the best parts. i also like the last 30-45 mintues of the movie as well. the midnight show was packed, the theater lobby was crowded, 7 theater rooms were full to capcity.

I saw Hancock
I liked this movie! I went to see it in the first place because Will Smith was in it and also I saw the trailer for it and it looked funny so I went.
I liked the start of the movie! Really funny. We really get to know what Hancock is really like at the start.
The ending seemed rushed to me and a bit weird but it was still pretty good
Overall I give it 3 Thumbs up :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

I saw Batman: The Dark Knight ... I've been waiting forever to see this and I wasn't disappointed :) Heath Ledger gave an excellent performance and he should win some kind of award for his portrayal of Joker. If anything ...
They should've had more Scarecrow ... he was my favorite character from Batman Begins and he was only in it for a good 5 minutes

I saw Hellboy 2 and I was a bit disappointed, since I loved the first one. There were awesome creatures and the Prince "baddie" was really good, but some how I think they went were style over substance. The effects and creatures sometime overwhelmed the story- at times I even forgot what the point of the whole thing was. Plus, despite being the main character, I feel like Hellboy didn't get as much screentime as he should have.

Props to Guilermo for putting together a stylish, cinematic experience, but it just wasn't nearly as compelling as the first one. I definitely cared less about the characters in this one.

The last movie I saw was Batman: The Dark Knight.

I know most of the views it's getting is because it's Heath's last film, but honestly, he was brilliant. His performance definitely lives up to all the hype it's been getting. Normally I wouldn't sit through a Batman movie, but this movie was actually very enjoyable. One of my favourites. The Joker is one of my favourite fictional characters now. I just love the way Heath portrayed him. He was still able to be funny while being a villian. Heath's Joker is more just like a psychopathic human than Jack Nicholson's and I'm a fan of realism so I definitely like his version of the character more.
Considering I don't read the comics or anything, I was really suprised Rachel died. I honestly thought she'd live. I'm too gullible. :lol:

I was laughing SO hard when The Joker was in the nurse outfit! And when he walked outside of the building... Just the way he was walking was hilarious. And then when he tried to blow up the building and it stopped and he kept clicking the botton. :lol: Definitely one of my favourite scenes, along with the scene when The Joker says, "Good evening ladies and gentle men. We are tonight's entertainment." :D
Overall, I found it was a fantastic movie. I even liked Batman and I've always hated him for some reason. This might sound horrible, and I adore Heath, always have, but I'm glad this was his last film. It's a great example of what a fantastic actor he is and it's really something to remember him by. ♥

Penelope

I love it. it was sweet, but not too much and had a great cast. there was certain Britishness about it I enjoyed a lot. I was looking forward to it and though it surprised me it was a very pleasant surprise

this morning, to my amazement, 'plan 9 from outer space' was on tv!! i have always wanted to see an ed wood movie, after seeing johnny depp play him in tim burtons movie 'ed wood'. it was strange, movies were definitely different 50 years ago. the effects were so bad, but im assuming perfectly normal for the time. short movie, entertaining, i had a few good laughs. there are some other ed wood movies i want to see, but will probably have to buy. like 'bride of the atom' and 'glen or glenda'.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back