Review The Last Film You Saw ~ Thread 3

Discussion in 'General TV & Media' started by Tinkerbell, Mar 23, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SunsetBoulevard

SunsetBoulevard moderator.exe Moderator

Iron Man
    Oh God. Loved it. Absolutely LOVED it. I saw the trailer so I was like "WTF" in the first 30 minutes because all I remembered was robots, and the movie seemed kind of robotless at first :D I didn't like Tony Stark in the beginning, but he's totally grown on me. I loved his idiotic robot, he cracked me up, the fire extinguisher scenes were priceless, but the best part of the movie was definitely the last 30 seconds =)

Transformers
    I've never seen it before (and never will), because I just wasn't interested, but after Iron Man I wanted to compare the two movies. All I can say is Iron Man is by far the best movie about robots EVER. Transformers was absolutely boring. I really liked Optimus, but there were loads of mistakes in the movie.

I don't get one thing. Optimus asked Sam to put that cube thingy into his chest if he's unable to defeat Megatron, but Sam put it into Megatron's chest. Or maybe I fell asleep and missed an important scene? :confused:

2. Joycie84

Joycie84 CSI Level One

I recently saw "Disturbia". The first 30 minutes dissapointed me a bit, but then the movie became interesting. It was both funny and exciting. I had a bit of "Rear Window" and "The Burbs" and I just love Shia LaBeouf. He's great. David Morse is a very convincing creep. The guy who played Ronnie was pretty cool.

I also saw the movie "Enchanted". Totally different genre, but It's an adorable movie. Gisele is a sweet character and it's a funny and loveable film. The song in the park was the best part (and the bicycle scene with Prince Edward). Amy Adams rocks (and so does Pip)!!!

Both very different movies, but both very enjoyable! :thumbsup:

3. Miss_Undercover

Miss_Undercover Judge

I saw for two days the movie * Street Kings *. Keanu Reeves times again in the role of a Cop at the LAPD. Is a bloody, exciting and hard film. First is he on the bad side but later he changes to the good ones. Murder, corruption and bribery stand at the agenda.
    Is a little darkly and tragically but nevertheless worth seeing.

Forest Withaker as Boss of Reeves and the large opponent is Hugh Laurie (Dr. House).

I found this movie personally very good because I adore Reeves in the role as Cop since his
    brilliant movie in the years 1994 * Speed *.

4. Dragonfly

Dragonfly ~Queen of Sarcasm~ Moderator

I went to the theatre yesterday with my sister to see The Chronicles of Narnia: Prince Caspian. I really enjoyed it. Reepicheep is so cute. I mean... brave. Yes. That's what I meant to say. I don't want to say too much though, as it's only been playing for a few days.

5. WhosLaughingNow

WhosLaughingNow Lab Technician

I watched Superstar yesterday with Molly Shannon. As much as I love Molly and the character of Mary Katherine Gallagher in sketches on SNL I'm not sure it worked out as well in a full length film. It had it's funny moments but for the most part it wasn't all that great.

6. Calihan

Calihan Captain

I've watched two in full and two movies but not full recently. The two I watched in full are Fantasy Mission Force and The Amazing Colossal Man.

Fantasy Mission Force great unintentional comedy. This movie really makes no sense and if you watch carefully notice more mistakes. The movie is a Hong Kong drama however if you look at maps they show Canada, in the end people are driving is 1960s muscle cars and one of the characters is Abraham Lincoln. It's a great movie for a laugh but if you want a movie with talented acting, a plot that makes sense, and good writing skip this one.

The Amazing Colossal Man is about a man who's exposed to a plutonium bomb and grows into a giant. This movie is funny in terms of how factually inaccurate it is and the use of stock footage of war to fill time. I saw the MST3K version which made it even better hearing their commentary on it.

The two I saw part of were: The Terror of Tiny Town and Tormented. The Terror of Tiny Town is a western with an all midget cast. I saw it with friends and we thought it was great in terms of camp value but it also had too much singing for us. If you want a laugh and like campy movies it'll be worth your time.

Tormented we thought was great and the movie is funny in terms of how badly it's acted and written. It's one of those that leaves you with questions like: why is the sister a character at all the only purpose she seems to serve is to be a lolita. A good laugh like most of the movies I have reviewed on here.

7. cathwillows

cathwillows CSI Level Three

The last movie I saw was The Naked Gun 33 1/3: The Final Insult! :lol: I just love all Naked Gun movies! And that despite the fact that I only know them in German :eek: But Frank's confused comments are way too funny. I love the scenes at the Academy Awards :lol: I'm sure everyone knows the movie so I don't have to put spoiler boxes....but I'll do it anyway :p

When they (Frank, Jane and the bad guy) try to find the best solution for their problem. Jane explains what would happen in each case...."then I would die, and everyone else in the audience...but you'd be alive.....Then I'd be safe and everyone else in the audience too...but you'd be dead" :lol: Frank thinks he should have the gun and the bad guy (sorry, forgot his name) should have the envelope with the bomb. So Frank wants to exchange the things but the bad guy takes the bomb and keeps the gun and everyone in the audience and even the other cops slap their heads :lol: But the best part is when Pia Zadora has her great moment and sings and Frank acts as one of her dancers!!!!! He messes up everything but it is freakin funny!

8. Joycie84

Joycie84 CSI Level One

I saw The Game Plan with The Rock. It was an OK comedy, very standard, but fun. I especially liked the dog, Spike. He was super cute. The movie was very predictible, but fun to watch on a monday night.

I also saw Memoirs of a Geisha. A movie that I wanted to see for a very long time, but I just never came to it. It was a beautifully filmed movie and a great story. I was a very long movie, but it didn't bother me at all. Great acting too.

I'm gonna see the new Indiana Jones movie this week. Looking forward to it :eek: !!!!

9. bookgirl20

bookgirl20 CSI Level Two

The last movie I watched was Lars and the Real Girl. Fantastic! I feel a bit like a perv saying that a movie about a guy and a sex doll gave me warm and fuzzy feelings, but its true. The movie inspires belief that people can treat others with respect and love even if they don't completely understand whats going on. Beautiful story, great cast, very well done.

10. AppleJack

AppleJack Police Officer

Haven't seen a movie in a while so I decided to watch Lars and the real girl after reading your post last Friday. You made me curious. :)

I just loved it! Honestly, some moments were really awkward to watch :)wtf:) but the support he got was really heartwarming. Good acting an indeed a beautiful story!

11. sandersidle

sandersidle Captain

Last movie I saw was Saw IV last night.

It was okay. I thought there would be more gore and a lot scarier because I honestly didn't find it that scary. It was a smart movie, though. A lot of twists and turns which made it interesting but when I'm in the mood for gore I always turn to Saw or Hostel or something. But it kind of let me down this time. :(

Am I a sick person for wanting more gore? :lol:

12. allmaple

allmaple Judge

^^ i still havent seen the 4th one, must get around to doing that! the second and third didnt compare to the first, how was the 4th one? i dont care how bad they get (i think they are planning 6 or 7 at least?) they have hooked me in and i need to know what happens!

the last movie i saw in theaters was sex and the city. i know there are mixed reviews from both fans and non fans, but i really liked it. i thought the story was great. i like how they are more realistic than your typical chick flick, not every relationship is going to have a happy ending and yet it is possible. there were a few no brainers about what was going to happen
    carrie ending up with big. after he screwed up at the wedding you knew he would show up again, it was just a matter of when. throughout the series and in the movie he was a total jerk and yet he and carrie always seemed to be meant for each other

and there were a few i wasnt expecting
    samantha leaving smith. she was unhappy in l.a, she is a new yorker through and through. i didnt like how she couldnt separate her job as smiths pr agent and their personal relationship. saying too much of her life was about him. she shouldnt have worked for him then. i know the point of samanthas character is that women can have casual relationships as well, but at 50 and beyond? smith was perfect for her, so that disappointed me a bit

the last movie on video i saw was fight club. i had never seen it before and my friend and i wanted to do an edward norton night (which turned into just one movie because we were tired and got started late). i thought this one was great as well. very violent but they showcased how people get caught up in that mob mentality well. pitt and norton were great in this movie, and worked well together. helena bonhem carter was fantastic, she does crazy so well! :lol:

13. Joycie84

Joycie84 CSI Level One

I saw Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull and I loved it. I, as a big Indy fan, was wating for this for a long time. It didn't dissapoint me at all. It had all the ingredients: action, adventure, humour and a little romance. Harrison Ford hasn't lost his mojo yet. I also loved Shia LaBeouf. He rocks as Mutt Williams. Everyone: GO SEE IT :scream: !!!!

14. allmaple

allmaple Judge

my mom and i rented the golden compass on the weekend. it was alright, dragged a bit at some points but overall was a good rental. the lead actress did a great job for being so young. they had several big name actors that actually didnt get a lot of screen time when i was expecting more. it wasnt a fantastic movie, but i dont think it deserved a lot of the bad press it received. after seeing the movie i can say the boycotts were ridiculous, there is absolutely no anti-religious messages in this movie.

i hope the studio will make the other books into movies, as being the first in the series this one ends without finishing up most of the storylines. maybe ill just have to read the books to find out what happens :lol:

15. Desertwind

Desertwind Head of the Day Shift

we rented two this past weekend "No Country For Old Men" and "Away From Her" the first one bizzare, Javier Badam so evil:evil: killing everyone at random for drug money, who Josh Brolin stole and he was after him thoughout the whole movie and Tommy Lee Jones stellar performance as the crotchety old sheriff trying to catch Mr. Evil, I wouldn't want to give anymore away for those who haven't seen it! the 2nd one heart-wrenching about a woman who's got Alzheimer's, and the horrible decision by her and her husband of 44 years to put her in a facility for people who are losing it, the heatache of the husband who goes thorugh denial, and is bewildered confused and can't relate to her anymore, Julie Christie is phenomenal as is the actor who portrayed her husband [forget his name] extremly sad, and depressing but the acting is superb:thumbsup:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.