Review The Last Film You Saw ~ Thread 3

Discussion in 'General TV & Media' started by Tinkerbell, Mar 23, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Marns

Marns CSI Level Two

I rented I Could Never Be Your Woman, with Michelle Pfeiffer and Paul Rudd. I thought it was such a good movie. It has good humor and Michelle and Paul were both really great in it.

Also saw Tangled. It was quite an interesting movie, a bit dark maybe but it had an interesting storyline and an unexpected turn in the end. I quite liked Jonathan Rhys-Meyers in it. Good movie.

2. ILuvJonathanTogo

ILuvJonathanTogo Coroner

Thats the latest movie I saw too, but technically I didn't actually watch the whole thing. It was so slow in the beginning that I really didn't want to watch the rest. Im sure if I stuck with it, I would have liked it in the end but I just couldn't :lol: Also, I was tired..so that didn't help.

3. Dynamo1

Dynamo1 Head of the Swing Shift

Just got home from seeing Get Smart and I gotta tell you all that it is a great movie. Good action, very funny, good acting, nice sets. I am not a big fan of some of the TV remakes, like Wild Wild West, Starsky and Hutch, I Spy, Beverly Hillbillies, etc, but this was well done. Steve Carell was not imitating Don Adams, just using a few of the famous lines in his own style. Anne Hathaway was very beautiful and a good Agent 99. Good to see Alan Arkin as The Chief, Bernie Kopell in a brief cameo, James Caan as the President, Patrick Warburton as Hymie, and other familiar faces, like Masi Oka, Nate Torrence, Bill Murray, Larry Miller, and others.

4. sandersidle

sandersidle Captain

I just watched Camp Rock. :p Yes, a Disney movie. But it was so good. At least... I liked it, heh. The Jonas Brothers are actually good actors. And that new girl... Demi someone; she's pretty good too. I liked some of the songs they played too. The thing that bugged me, though, was when they sang in the movie, you could REALLY tell they were lip syncing. They'd be singing outside or something and the sound quality was just like on an album. It kind of took away the real aspect but alas, it's Disney. And considering that, it's a pretty damn good movie. And Joe and Demi have amazing chemistry! :O

5. Missing

Missing Pathologist

"The Happening"--M. Night Shyamalan latest movie out and I think his career is now over. It too me and the three other people I saw it with was just not as good as we thought it would be. If you saw "The Village" well lets just say that had more of a story than this but "Lady In The Water" was worse than this movie. IMO.
    I didn't care for the ending as I thought it seemed predictable and was hoping for some other explaination than possibly plants doing this. That the earth was warning us and we should be more respectable. I thought the most scary part of the movie was that old lady, she was just plain creepy.

6. BabaOReilly

BabaOReilly Head of the Swing Shift Premium Member

OK, I've been on a movie bender lately it seems. I'll try to summarize:

Indianna Jones- Better than I expected. I wasn't really dying to see it for some reason, and that might have made it better for me. Whatever. It was just a fun romp for a couple of hours and I really enjoyed just having fun watching it. Nothing too serious.

The Incredible Hulk- not quite as good as I'd hoped but still pretty good. Solid performances from everyone. I'd call this one an action romance, and I probably would have enjoyed it a little more if the two young guys beside me hadn't groaned everytime the romance side of things came into it. Grow up, or stay home and make noises in your living room, boys! Very annoying.

The Happening- please go to "The worst movies ever" thread to read my review of that one! :lol:

Kung Fu Panda- I had high expectations, so of course it didn't quite reach them (when do they ever, really?) but even so, I really enjoyed the movie so that's saying something. Jack Black voiced the panda perfectly, and I giggled through the whole thing. Very entertaining all round.

The Love Guru- again, had very low expectations, which might have helped here... what can I say, I love Mike Meyers, and I'd say I was laughing through most of this movie. Was it dumb? Absolutely. But you can often find the cleverness behind the dumb, and Mike Meyers has that downpat. If you just want a good, no-brainer giggle-fest, then this is the movie for you.

7. Pusher

Pusher Coroner

The Air I Breathe - A drama based on an ancient Chinese proverb that breaks life down into four emotional cornerstones: happiness, pleasure, sorrow and love.

Very interesting and good make story (actually few cross storys) . Stay real and trustworthy for me. I`m nice surprise. From long time I haven`t see something so quality. I just love films that make u think after this.

Kevin Bacon, Brendan Fraser, Forest Whitaker, Julie Delpy and Andy Garcia make more then great job. :)

8. Missing

Missing Pathologist

"Get Smart" I thought it was a pretty good movie and that Steve Carell is starting to grow on me. The way he keeps a straight face when delivering such goofy lines is great.

9. Calihan

Calihan Captain

It's been a while since I posted here so I've got a few to review.

The Kingdom I thought it was amazing. This movie was so intense and the emotions of the characters were very well portrayed by the actors. The action was good but for me was almost secondary to the characters. I loved the scene at the end when you realize how two different cultures say the same thing about each other and how it's general whereas in the movie you see individuals not believing it.

The rest of these were movies on Mystery Science Theater.

I accuse my Parents. Ok this movie was hilarious because of how dramatic it was supposed to be yet it failed at being dramatic. The main character is a high school student yet he's working a 10 hour day in a shoe store? About the setting of the movie you've been convicted of manslaughter without bringing in the surrounding circumstance but you then do that at your sentencing.

Red Zone Cuba. This movie was funny in some parts and disappointing in other parts. If your military group is trying to invade Cuba I think you need more than two days worth of training. Also your training should be more than climbing up a dune on a rope. Why did they strangle the man with a blind daughter? At the end I love how they show the penny and broken cigarette as mentioned in dialogue. Oh and great job with the music no I didn't notice how you had one of the actors sing the theme.

Secret Agent Super Dragon. Like Red Zone Cuba it left me with a lot of questions and was funny in some parts. Why was he called Super Dragon? Even if the villains wee successful in getting the hallucinogenic out what would it have done for them? When they showed it being given to the guests it led to the guests fighting nothing more. Also why did they want to get this out, how would it have helped them?

The Creeping Terror. Of the MST3Ks reviewed here it's a toss up between this and I Accuse my Parents for funniest/worst movie. I love how the actors who were being eaten had to climb into the monster's costume. Why were there long stretches of time without narration and suddenly the narrator would talk for a bit. A lot of the time the things the narrator was talking about could have easily been said as dialogue. I love in this movie how they went off a tangent in a couple of scenes. I understand showing one of the character's has a baby but do they need to show it and have it be sick and show the mother getting out the thermometer. What was the point of the scene with the two friends one whose newly married and one whose single. Why did the narrator need to discuss how the marriage has affected their friendship.

10. SunsetBoulevard

SunsetBoulevard moderator.exe Moderator

I saw Monster last night. I missed the first 15 minutes (I guess). I recognised Christina Ricci, but Charlize Steron :eek: Alright, her make-up and outfit had to match her role, but that was just.. baaad. The storyline wasn't so interesting, I was expecting something else. I really loved Catherine Willows's father, Sam Braun in it (don't know his real name, lol). He was great though he had a 3-minute role. I felt so sorry for him :( All I can say is it wasn't worth staying up to 1.15 for this one.

11. Missing

Missing Pathologist

"WALL E" I thought it was a cute movie and there was a good story there. Just so you know that if you like alot of talking in a movie then this is not the movie for you as there is limited human talking but a lot of robotic noises. But then I get a kick out of those noises so it suited me. I thought it was kinda a political movie with the basis being how we as humans treat the Earth and how lazy we can be. Overall a good movie but I don't really see it being too big with the little ones because it could be boring for them.

12. glam_chic86

glam_chic86 Head of the Graveyard Shift

After what felt like forever, I finally saw the Sex & The City film yesterday & without a doubt, it was worth the wait. It certainly didn't dissapoint & it was a wonderful reward for loyal fans such as myself who adored the show. Without giving anything away, it made me teary eyed on at least four occasions. I mean, the ending with the shoe & close. Gahhh so romantic! While I loved many aspects of the film, my favourite had to be the friendship the four main characters share. Deep down, I think that's the kinda frienship everyone, or at least the majority of people, want. While Charlotte was my favourite character in the series, Samantha has become my new fave. I just love everything about her, especially her attitude. Some of the stuff she said killed me. She's too funny. I decided that SATC is my new favourite film, & also, it's the ultimate girly film. I can't wait till it's released on DVD so I can relive the magic all over again. And finally, I gotta mention how much I loved Carrie's designer wedding gown. If I had money & a figure like that, I'd wear it at my future wedding. So beautiful!

This is a must see for every female. I don't care if you wear nike's instead of manolo's or chug beer instead of sipping cosmo's. We all have an inner Carrie, Charlotte, Miranda or Samantha which means we all gotta see the film so do it before it leaves the theatres. Do it now lol. Go with your friends to really experience it.

13. katpin31791

katpin31791 CSI Level Three

I saw Maid of Honor recently. It wasn't bad but I wouldn't buy it even if it did have Patrick Dempsey in it. I wouldn't recommend it to anyone.

14. Missing

Missing Pathologist

"Cloverfield" I thought it was a good movie--well once I got used to the camera movements. Now I haven't seen other movies that were done this way but I liked it. I thought it gave you more interaction--like you were the one filming.

Althought the monster when it was showed at the end, the face looked like an elephant of some sort, but those little buggers that came off it were like giant mutated spiders and to me that is scarier than the big one

15. Calihan

Calihan Captain

Bloodlust.

This movie was pretty much a ripoff of the book The Most Dangerous game only in the movie theirs 4 people being hunted rather than 1. I can't believe that in the movie they tried to make Robert Reid a tough guy as compared to the other guy. A tough guy role doesn't fit him a all. Although how cowardly the other guy was, was pretty damned funny to watch. With a different cast I could actually see this movie working but as is no.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.