Review The Last Film You Saw ~ Thread 3

Discussion in 'General TV & Media' started by Tinkerbell, Mar 23, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lizn8rFoxy

Lizn8rFoxy Lab Technician

Simpsons.

real funny, but lots of the funny parts was used in the comercials...

2. Tinkerbell

Tinkerbell Head of the Swing Shift

Some of you please add more content to your posts. This thread is for a review of the last film you saw. At least 2 lines. ;)

3. IvoryRaven

IvoryRaven Police Officer

I just saw the movie Sunshine, and it was probably the best movie I've seen in a while. It's a mix of sci-fi, horror, and action, about the crew of a spaceship sent deep into space on a mission to fix the sun, which is dying. Don't let the title fool you - this is not a happy film. It has a kind of subdued hopelessness to it; the closest thing I can think of to it is the tone of Battlestar Galactica. I didn't like the end as much as the first half though.

I liked it better when it was just the crewmembers and their own fallibility causing the problems. When the crazy guy from the other ship got added, the movie became less about psychological horror, and more about action sequences. Although, the action sequences were done well, I think.

In any case, I would definitely recommend seeing this film.

4. Missing

Missing Pathologist

Just rented The Number 23
    Have to say that after about 30 min I was getting bored and a headache and actually fast forwarded through most just stopping at some parts and found the ending more interesting than most of the show and the twist on the whole story made it kinda cool. And of course I also too was trying to see how many things around me added up to 23. But personally I wish Jim Carrey would stick to funny stuff as that is his gift.

5. ThisIsMe

ThisIsMe Coroner

The Bourne Ultimatum--
    Great movie...and I'm not usually a fan of action movies! It grabbed you right from the beginning and kept up pace throughout. Great acting as well- I liked how Julia Stiles' part from the first two was extended in this one and really enjoyed David Strathairn in his role.
    I wish they would have gone in to the stuff about Bourne and Julia's character, how she said it was hard for her at the beginning...obviously they had a history. I wish they explored that.

Off to go see Becoming Jane now :)

6. SpeedsDaughter

SpeedsDaughter CSI Level One

Underdog

Other than a part that made no sense, this movie was definately a ROTFLMAO-type film. The animatronics were really great! Though most of the funny parts were in the trailers, so I'll give it a 4/5.

Can anybody get me a review of Shrek 3?

7. GunsNRoses259

GunsNRoses259 CSI Level One

The Hills Have Eyes 2
    Wow this movie was much better then the first one, at least I think so, It was much more gory, and some of the parts i knew were going to happen made me jump, If you want to watch a good gory movie, watch this, I would give it a 8.5/10

When the guy went to use the bathroom, I knew something was going to jump out of the toliet, but It made me jump, and wehn the guy and the women went back for the secong tome, yup, i jumped again. Eww. that poor little ugly baby,

8. ilh214

ilh214 Pathologist

Hairspray

i didn't know if i was going to like it because i loved the original sooooooo much. i mean, you just can't beat John Waters but this one was really really awesome. i found myself comparing it to the 88' verion the entire time but i couldn't help it. Chris Walken was awesome, he did a great job playing Wilbur and Jerry Stiller (the original Wilbur) was in it too as Mr. Pinky. Nikki Blonsky made a great Tracy and i swear she looked like Ricki Lake a little bit but Ricki will forever be Tracy to me. Devine vs. Travotla as Edna...there isn't a better or worse. They both made the character their own. Travolta was hilarious. and John Waters appeared very briefly at the beginning which was pretty cool. overall, as far as remakes go, this was one of the better ones. great, great film. :D

9. Lizn8rFoxy

Lizn8rFoxy Lab Technician

I Know Who Killed Me

SUCKED!!! honest to God the worst movie i have EVER seen in my life!!

10. Desertwind

Desertwind Head of the Day Shift

I wholeheartdly agree, fantastic, you didn't mention Michelle Pfeiffer, and the wicked 'witch' can't put in the word it rhymes with :( I was never a hugh fan of her, still this was her best!, I'm sure will be nominated for best supporting actress in the Oscar race, and the black kid, his dancing I was riveted :eek: spectatular, and all the dancing overwhemling.. a great-great film, one of the best musicals ever! and whether you like them or not, you'll love this ;) four**** ;)and them some!

11. Tinkerbell

Tinkerbell Head of the Swing Shift

Please add more content to your posts, this thread is a minimum of 2 whole lines reviewing the film. This is the second time I've asked you.

12. Kit4na

Kit4na CSI Level Two

Well I wanted to view a couple of old movies so I bought "The Graduate" & "Casablanca".

A few weeks back I watched the movie "Rumor Has it" It's partly based on the graduate. So I figured I should see that film aswell. Dustin Hoffman plays Ben, this shy, insecure 21 year old man who's about to have his first sexual experience with an older woman. The woman, Mrs Robinson, is the wife of one of his dad's business partners. To make matters more complicated he falls in love with Mrs Robinsons daughter, Elaine. After she explicitly asked him not to go out with Elaine. The movie was good, not the best film I've ever seen. It's not the best because I don't believe in the relationship of Ben & Elaine. They have one date and they immediately fall in love.. That's beyond realism to me.. 4/5

Rick Blaine (Bogart) is an American who recently moved to Casablanca shortly after World War II erupted in Europe. He is not allowed to go back to America for some inexplicable reason. Just when the Gestapo rushes into Paris he has a fling with Ilsa (Bergman). He asks her to come with him, he waits for her at the trainstation but she never shows up. Aprox. 2 years later they meet again in Casablanca. Rick demands to have some answers as to why she left him,...

I didn't think I'd like Casablanca. Sure I like old movies but it's in black & white. Still this film truly is a masterpiece. It doesn't have the typical hollywood happy ending to it. It's heartbreaking and the acting of Ingrid Bergman & Humphrey Bogart is truly inspiring. 5/5

13. that_girl1

that_girl1 Coroner

Okay the last film I saw was Hairspray and it was pretty good. I loved it actually and my brother didn't want to see it but he had too. Anyways I loved thye setting of it cause it was back in the day and not now in the future. I loved all the dancing and such and the dialouge made me laugh. Michelle Pfeiffer(sp?) She played the witch part really well. I loved it all in all I would give it 4 1/2 stars.

I also saw Elf which is like the worst movie ever! I mean if its a little kid okay I understand that they would love that movie but I really though that it was stupid and Will Ferrel(sp?) looked hideous in that elf outfit. But I do have to say that it was funny in some parts.

I saw Big Momma's House 2 with Emily Procter in it! It was funny, not like the original cause the sequels are always not the same. But it was cool I loved it when Big Momma she told the teenager that the sherrif was in town that cracked me up soo much.

14. Kit4na

Kit4na CSI Level Two

Saw it too yesterday, I had already seen it when it came out in cinema but I just had to see it again. She was very funny. And indeed your right it's not as good as the original.

15. SunsetBoulevard

SunsetBoulevard moderator.exe Moderator

Blow

It's the second time I've seen it. I'm still saying it's an awesome movie. I thought I hated Johnny Depp, but I must admit that his films are pretty good, so are his performances. I think he captured the most important features of the character he plays, that's why this film is so unique.
    There's one thing I can't figure out. Where the hell did Tuna go? :confused:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.