Rectification - CSI LV fic

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction' started by CSIL3Willows, Jul 4, 2009.

1. MacsGirlMel

MacsGirlMel Mac's Personal Assistant

So when's the rescue already? lol

2. CathWillows10

CathWillows10 Victim

Soon...

you guys are lucky...two updates in one day!

Here's a bit from me!

It took a few hours for Emma to get Catherine’s wrists undone. She started on their ankles, Emma made quick work of the ankle binds and looked at Catherine.

Catherine’s eyes fluttered a bit and her head rolled. She was out of it. Emma sighed, thanking God Catherine was a small woman and she could easily carry her out.

“Cat? Cat listen, can you walk?” Emma asked. Catherine didn’t respond.

“Alrightie, then I’m gonna have to do this the hard way” Emma stood up and grabbed Catherine by the arm, pulling her up and slipping and arm around her waist.

“You know, if these were different circumstances this would be really hot” Emma joked as she looked around for an exit. She began walking to the front door, supporting Catherine on her side.

That’s when the door opened.

Emma froze and locked eyes with Natalie “You’re not going to hurt her again”

Natalie pulled out a syringe and advanced on the women. Emma moved and gently placed Catherine down. She was weak from not eating for a few days, but she was going to fight her tooth and nail so she wouldn’t hurt Catherine anymore.

Emma jumped on Natalie, scratching and punching, trying to defend herself and the drugged woman a few feet away. Natalie hardly fought back, but plunged a syringe into Emma’s neck. Emma cried out in pain as the cocaine was pushed into her artery. She fell to the floor in a crumpled heap, the syringe still in her neck, convulsing as the massive amount of the drug invaded her system. That syringe was meant for Catherine, but Natalie always had a backup. She pulled another syringe from her pocket. This one wasn’t as potent, but it would do. She walked over to Catherine and gave her one swift kick to the ribs before kneeling down and plunging the needle into her arm and leaving it there. She stood up and smiled.

“Say hi to Gil for me” she said before leaving the two women, convulsing from the drug overdose, to die.

3. GregNickRyanFan

GregNickRyanFan Holographic Moderator Moderator

Emma, you're supposed to try to kick the needle out of her hand first thing. Always try to disarm first. Well, at least she tried. Hope the gang gets there in time to rescue both of them.

Last edited: Aug 9, 2009
  4. MacsGirlMel

come on, rescue them already!

5. EEK!!!

EEK!!! Hit and Run

its getting intense!!! the monica mention made me laugh. i love friends :)

6. CSIL3Willows

CSIL3Willows Prime Suspect

Sorry about the bit of a wait! Leah and I had a bumper MSN convo last night and wrote the next part together.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Detective Jensen slammed on the brakes, bringing the car to an abrupt halt outside the house. Jim and Grissom were already out by the time she’d killed the engine and opened her own door. Across the street Nick’s car came to a stop, tyres screeching as he slammed on the breaks. He turned to Sarah.
    “Stay here ok? I don’t want you getting hurt.”

As he exited the vehicle and crossed the street, Sarah rolled her eyes and unbuckled her belt. Nick turned at the sound of her footsteps.
    “I’m not coming inside. I promise,” she said in response to the look he gave her.
    He nodded and drew his gun.

“Just… be careful,” he said, turning and catching up with Jim and Grissom. She rolled her eyes once more and followed him over to where Jim, Gil and Detective Jensen stood by the other car.
    Gil gave Nick a look as he saw Sarah.
    “She’s gonna wait here,” Nick offered as an explanation. “What’s the plan?”

“House belonged to Margaret Dell, Ernie’s mother. She willed it to him after she died,” Jim explained.
    “I’m gonna call SWAT,” Detective Jensen announced, pulling out her cell phone.
    “We don’t have time to wait for SWAT!” Grissom exclaimed. “We need to get in there now!” He moved towards the house but Jim stopped him with a hand on his arm.
    “You can’t go in there unarmed. Wait here with Jensen and Sarah. Nick and I’ll get them.”

Grissom shook his head. “Not a chance Jim. I’m going in there with you.”
    Jensen had been keeping tabs on the exchange while on hold with the SWAT leader and moved to the trunk of her car. Opening it, she pulled a spare gun she kept there for emergencies out and handed it to Gil.
    He looked at the gun. “Are you sure?”
    She just nodded sharply. “You’re not going in unarmed.”

Gil smiled. “Thanks.”
    He turned back to Jim, checking the clip on the gun before flipping the safety off.
    “Ready?” Jim glanced at Nick, who stepped forward and nodded. “Alright. I’ll go first.”
    The three of them advanced on the house, Jim in front, Gil next and Nick bringing up the rear.
    Brass reached for the door handle and turned the knob, swinging the door open. He squinted into the darkness before advancing in. He swept the hallway before moving into a side room.

Gil followed, gun pointed in front of him, choosing instead to enter a room a little further down the hall. He could feel Nick behind him as he moved into the darkness, a sense of dread lodging in his stomach like a boulder.

He squinted into the dark room. His eyes refused to adjust to the night-like light, forcing him to rely on his other four senses. As he moved further into the room his foot struck something… something soft. He looked down, barely able to make out the outline of a body. He knelt down. As he got closer her could make out a young female.

“Emma?” he asked, trying to determine if she was alive. Nick crouched beside him, his hand searching along her neck for a pulse.

Certain that Emma was safe with Nick, Gil stood and scanned the room once more. His heart stopped beating as his eyes came to rest on a second body, one he would know anywhere. Catherine was lying, unmoving, in a heap on the floor. He was by her side in an instant, fingers dancing along the skin of her neck, searching frantically for a pulse. Nothing.
    He closed his eyes, fighting back tears as he tried to ignore the possibility that they were too late, that he’d lost her.
    Suddenly, her felt it. A soft but unmistakable throbbing against his fingertips. She was alive, but barely. Sighing in relief, he scooped her frail body gently into his arms, desperate to get her to an ambulance for help.

As he followed Nick, who’d gathered Emma into his own arms, out of the dark, oppressive room, Gil hugged Catherine tighter to his chest, bringing his head down so it was close enough to whisper in her ear.

“It’s over Cath. You’re safe now sweetheart, I’ve got you. We’re going to get you to the hospital and you’re gonna be just fine. And I’m going to be there with you every step of the way.” He paused for a moment, brushing his lips against her temple. “I’m never leaving you again. I promise.”

Sarah stood next to Detective Jensen’s car, watching nervously as the SWAT team arrived, followed mere seconds later by two ambulances. The street was rapidly descending into chaos; police officers were swarming everywhere.

She had almost demolished her left thumb nail when she saw Nick coming out of the house. Her heart began racing as her eyes fell on Emma’s lifeless body hanging limply in his arms. Nick’s heart broke as he saw Sarah; he motioned for her to come over, a request she instantly complied with.
    “Go with her. She needs you.”

Sarah looked at him as he laid her friend on the gurney, moving slightly closer to him as a paramedic pushed her gently out of the way. Smiling, she leaned over and kissed him gently on the lips. It was quick and she didn’t give Nick a chance to respond, but he blushed all the same.
    “Thank you,” she said with a smile as she climbed into the ambulance beside Emma.

Gil moved swiftly to the other waiting ambulance, placing Catherine’s body on the gurney. He threw a glance over his shoulder at Jim, who was now out of the house and stood beside Detective Jensen as she spoke with the SWAT team leader. The unspoken question passed between them, and Jim shook his head. Grissom sighed in frustration before following Catherine into the ambulance, the doors closed behind him.
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Bumper long post I know! Enjoy!

CSIL3Willows
    -x-

7. GregNickRyanFan

Aww I love what Gil said to Cath.

Loved Nicky blushing when Sarah kissed him.

Glad they've been rescued.

8. CSIL3Willows

Lol thanks GregNickRyanFan! Glad you like it!

CSIL3Willows
    -x-

9. EEK!!!

EEK!!! Hit and Run

im glad gil got cath. and that emmas still alive. but wandering about caths addiction..... hopefully she can kick it easier a second time?

10. MacsGirlMel

Thank you :) You may proceed lol

11. EEK!!!

EEK!!! Hit and Run

am i allowed to post and beg gor more? :)

12. CSIL3Willows

Lol yes you are EEK! Sorry it's taken a bit. This next post is written by CathWillows10, but she's busy getting her nails done so asked me to post it!
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Both ambulances sped to UCLA medical center and arrived pretty much at the same
    time. Both Emma and Catherine were taken into the emergency room and Gil and
    Sarah taken to a waiting room not far away. Gil paced as Sara sat biting her
    nails.

"Your Sarah right?" Gil asked finally stopping and sitting down next to her

Sarah smiled softly and nodded "Are you Catherine's husband?" She asked

Gil smiled sadly "no, just a really good friend who loves her very much, but has
    been too stupid to tell her"

Sarah nodded and looked to the floor "you know I feel guilty. If this didn't
    happen I don't think I ever would have met Nick...and as of right now he is the
    best thing that ever happened to me"

Gil looked at her "you love him don't you?"

Sarah nodded "I have never felt this way...he's...perfect"

He smiled softly "nick is a great guy, he's lucky to have found a girl like
    you...but don't feel guilty, you saved them. Without your research we wouldn't
    have found the house."

Sarah looked at him "it still sucks that I might loose my best friend to gain a
    boyfriend"

"I might losse my beast friend and the woman I love" he sighed

Sarah looked at him sympathaticly. She took his hand, giving it a light squeeze
    "they will be ok, they have to be, we can't live with out them and I think they
    know that"

He looked at her, tears pooling in his eyes "no, catherine doesn't know, I left
    her...she thinks she's nothing to me, but in reality, she's everything"

Sarah didn't know what to say "She will be ok and you can tell her"

He smiled at her "I hope so"
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Enjoy! Guess this means I have to write something now!!!

CSIL3Willows
    -x-

13. GregNickRyanFan

Aww poor Gil and Sarah. I hope the girls are both okay. And I hope Gil gets a chance to say all those things to Cath. :)

14. MacsGirlMel

I was wondering when we'd see more :)

15. CathWillows10

CathWillows10 Victim

Hey guy's! Here is then next little bit from me.

The team walked in to the waiting room a few moments later. Nick was at Sarah’s side in an instant, and arm around her shoulder. “Anything?”

Sarah shook her head and laid it on Nick’s shoulder. He kissed her hair and rested his chin on the top of her head. “She’ll be ok, they both will”

Sarah sighed “I hope so, there is a lot that needs to be said” she said looking at Grissom.

He sighed and stood up, walking over to the window.

A doctor walked into the waiting room stopping at the door. “Family of Catherine Willows and Emma Brooks?”

Sarah and Gil both looked up “That’s us” Gil said

“We had to sedate both of them, it will be better in the long run to help with withdraws. I am also putting them on a series of medications to help with the over dosing. They are being taken to the ICU so give them about an hour to set up all the IV’s and you can go see them. It’s going to be touch and go for the next few days; we have plenty to worry about with them. Heart Attacks, seizures Ventricular arrhythmias, Myocardial infarction but with some care I’m sure they can pull through. Right now I just want to take care of their fevers, and then we will take the next step”

Gil nodded “Thank you”

As the doctor tuned and left Gil turned to Sarah and the team “Why don’t you guys go get something to eat, I’ll stay and call you when we can go in”

Sarah shook her head “No, I don’t want to leave Emma”

Nick wrapped his arms around her “There is nothing you can do here babe, come on, you need to eat, you won’t do Emma any good if your put in here for malnutrition”

Sarah sighed “fine, but somewhere close”

Nick chuckled and kissed her forehead “ok, you want anything boss?”

Grissom smiled at Nick’s nickname for him “No, thanks”

Nick nodded and took Sara’s hand, leading her out of the waiting room, the rest of the team followed.

Grissom sighed heavily as he sat in a chair. Looking around at the empty room he began to do the one thing that he could think of. It was something he hadn’t done in a long time, but he felt the need.

He folded his hands and bowed his head “Lord, please…don’t take her, not yet…”