Rectification - CSI LV fic

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction' started by CSIL3Willows, Jul 4, 2009.

1. CathWillows10

CathWillows10 Victim

lol patience....we still have a lot to explain!

2. MacsGirlMel

MacsGirlMel Mac's Personal Assistant

So get going already lol. You can still get her rescued.

3. CSIL3Willows

CSIL3Willows Prime Suspect

Hey guys. Here's the next instalment from me, then it's back to CathWillows10!
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------

Catherine leaned back against the railings to which she was bound and closed her eyes, as if sheer will power alone would be enough to purge the cocaine from her system.
    The first injection was followed roughly two hours later by a second. Catherine could only assume there would be more. She squeezed her eyes tighter against the tears she could feel threatening.

After the months she’d struggled to get and stay clean, all it took was one psycho bitch with a couple of syringes and she could feel herself becoming hooked. Maybe Natalie killing her wouldn’t be such a bad thing; she wasn’t sure she had the strength to get clean all over again. The first time she’d had him, this time there would be no one.

“Catherine?” Emma’s voice pulled her thankfully from her desperate train of thought.
    “Catherine? Can you hear me? Are you ok?”

Catherine opened her eyes slowly and after a few moments managed to focus on Emma’s worried face next to her.

“I’m alright,” she replied, her voice soft and hoarse. Her entire mouth felt bone dry, a side effect of the coke.

“What the hell did that freak put in the syringe!”

Catherine inhaled deeply before she answered.
    “Cocaine… I… I used to have a problem…” She cursed her loose tongue, another side effect.

“Shit! How the hell did she know?”

“She does her homework.”

Emma paused for a moment, regarding Catherine with concern in her eyes.
    “This chick is twisted.”

Catherine merely nodded.

Emma sighed, thinking not for the first time since her incarceration that she should’ve just called in sick.

She opened her mouth to say something more to Catherine, but the words died on her lips as the sound of the door opening and closing resonated around the room.

Catherine saw Natalie approaching at the same time Emma did, their eyes locking on the glinting needle in her right hand.

As she got closer Catherine steeled herself, and when she was close enough Catherine kicked out hard, catching Natalie just below the knee. She crumpled to the ground, hitting it hard as the syringe flew out of her hand and across the room.

“Get the hell away from me,” Catherine hissed. Natalie stood after a few moments, limping slightly as she regained her balance.

“You’re going to regret that,” she said softly.

Catherine simply glared at her.

“Why are you doing this?”

There was a pregnant pause as the two women stared each other down, Emma glancing nervously between them.

“To make him suffer.”

Catherine’s brow furrowed in confusion, then her eyes widened in shock as it dawned on her who Natalie meant by ‘him’.

“Did you think I was stupid? That I was blind and didn’t notice the special connection you and Grissom have?”

“Had.” Catherine couldn’t help correcting her, and was rewarded with a hard punch across the face. The sound echoed around the room as Catherine’s head snapped back and hit the railings. Blood trickled down Catherine’s jaw and dripped onto the floor.

“Leave her alone!” Emma cried out, struggling against her bonds as Catherine tried to clear her now pounding head.

Natalie simply shot Emma a withering look before stepping closer to the other woman, being mindful of the strawberry blonde’s powerful legs.

“I watched the two of you. I could see how much he cares for you. You mean a lot to him. He loves you.” Catherine couldn’t suppress the bubble of laughter that escaped her mouth, earning her a sharp backhander from Natalie.

“You made him suffer when you took Sara. He was distraught.”

The younger woman snorted in contempt. Before Catherine could react Natalie had grabbed her arm, pulled another syringe from her pocket and plunged it into her vein.

“You should have learned by now that I always have a back up plan. Sara is a prime example of that.”

As Catherine began to drift, reacting swiftly to the drug coursing through her bloodstream, Natalie leaned in close and whispered in her ear.

“The only reason I took Sara in the first place was because I couldn’t get to you.”
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Enjoy!

CSIL3Willows
    -x-

4. GregNickRyanFan

GregNickRyanFan Holographic Moderator Moderator

Come on, Cath! Kick her A double S. :lol:

5. MacsGirlMel

come on, fix it!

6. CathWillows10

CathWillows10 Victim

Getting close to a rescue...maybe...hehe ;)

Nick walked back into the lab a changed man. His little talk with Sarah had lifted his spirits and it showed.

“Hey guys I was just talking with Sarah”

Gil’s head snapped up “Sara? You called her?”

“No, she came by” Nick said

“Sara’s here? In Santa Monica?” he asked a bit panicked

“Yeah, she lives here”

Gil looked at him “I left Sara in Costa Rica”

Nick laughed “No, not Sara, Sarah…Kellogg…Emma’s friend, the Barista…” he explained

Gil made a face “Oh, ok go on”

“Well Sarah is studying to be a forensic psychologist and she did a little digging on Natalie. She brought up some good points. Natalie is very detail orientated. That house…she had to have known it was going to be empty since before she left Vegas. She didn’t have enough time to make the miniatures and go looking for an empty house”

The room was silent while everyone stared at Nick.

“Jim…” Gil didn’t even have to finish his thought. Brass and Jensen were out the door and walking down the hall to do some research.

Nick locked eyes with Gil and smiled softly, Gil smirked and nodded. “Is Sarah still here?”Gil asked

“No, she just left”

“Go pick her up, I’m sure she wants to be there when her best friend get’s rescued.”

Nick smiled walking over to Gil, he hugged him “Thanks” he said before walking out of the station.

Emma had been working on her bonds for over an hour. Her wrists were starting to bleed but she didn’t care. Catherine lay just a few feet away, shaking and sweating, and Emma had to help her.

She groaned in frustration “Catherine? Are you still with me?”

Catherine nodded “Yea” she said, her voice barely there

“I’ve almost…” finally the zip ties holding her to the railing snapped and Emma’s arms fell loose. With her ankles still bound she scooted over to Catherine.

“Tell me what I need to do” she said trying to keep Catherine talking. She reached over and moved a sweat soaked strand of hair from Catherine’s face.

“I…I need…a…a hospital” she struggled

Emma nodded as she began to work on Catherine’s bonds “I know, but right now we don’t have that. Is there anything I can do?” she asked

Catherine shook her head “No, I just need to get out of here”

7. EEK!!!

EEK!!! Hit and Run

yes! two posts! :thumbsup: really love hhow the story is turning out

8. MacsGirlMel

So get there already lol. No maybe.

9. GregNickRyanFan

Loved Grissom's confusion over Sara/Sarah. Made me giggle. Glad Emma's freed her hands. Too bad Cath's too weak to kick Natalie's scrawny butt. :lol:

10. CSIL3Willows

Here's more.
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    After Nick left, Grissom lowered himself into a chair next to the layout table and sighed heavily. His eyes fell on the miniature of the houses and sharp pain flitted across his heart. He had been an idiot, he understood that know; he was just sorry that it had taken his separation from her to make him realise how much he needed her. Sure, he’d loved Sara, in his own way. But Catherine was different. She was his soul mate. He smiled wryly at his clichéd choice of words. The smile disappeared as quickly as it had come. What if they found her too late? What if she was… he couldn’t bring himself to finish his thought.

He was snapped out of his reverie by the shrill ringing of his cell phone. Pulling it from his pocket, he winced slightly at the name on the display, before flipping it open.
    “Grissom.” He tensed as her tinny voice reached his ear.
    “Old habits die hard I see.”
    “Hello Sara.”

“I was calling to see how things were going. I might be able to help. I could always fly in and…”
    “You don’t need to do that,” he cut in quickly. “We have everything covered here.”
    There was a pause on the other end of the line. When Sara spoke again a terse edge had entered her voice.

“Have you found her yet?” Grissom wasn’t sure whether ‘her’ referred to Natalie or Catherine.
    “Not yet,” he replied. “We’re following up some leads.”
    Silence again.

“Ok. I guess you’re fine without me then.” Gil immediately understood the hidden meaning in her words, just as Sara understood when he replied,
    “Yes. We’re fine.”
    Her deep sigh resonated in his ear, and he was certain it contained a small note of defeat.
    After a few moments pause, she finally gave up.

“Goodbye Gil.”
    “Goodbye Sara.”

He disconnected first, slamming the final nail into the coffin of their relationship. He stared at the phone in his hand before the sound of a throat being cleared behind him caused him to turn around, coming face to face with Detective Jensen.

He read her expression quickly, then stood and followed her wordlessly out of the room.
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------
    One more but from me after this, then it's back to my Twin!

CSIL3Willows
    -x-

11. GregNickRyanFan

Grissom knows Cath's his soulmate. Awww! Loved that. :)

12. EEK!!!

EEK!!! Hit and Run

i like having the gil internal monologue. havnt heard much from him. i hope jensons expression was a good one!

13. MacsGirlMel

I don't like the negativity. I like my GSR though, so that's why.

Come on, get to the rescue already!

14. CSIL3Willows

Ok, here's the next bit from me!
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Meanwhile, Nick had arrived at Sarah’s building in record time. He was certain he’d broken more than a few speed limits in doing so, and he smiled guiltily at this thought as he climbed the stairs to her flat and knocked sharply on the door.

It swung open a few moments later to reveal Sarah. Her hair was pulled back in a messy bun, she had rubber gloves on and an apron covering her black tank top and three quarter length jeans. Her feet were bare.

“Nick? What’s going on?” Her brow furrowed in confusion, then her eyes widened. “Have you found them?”
    Nick shook his head.
    “Not yet, but after I gave the rest of the team your information, my b… my former boss thought you’d want to be around when your help leads us to Emma and Catherine.”

He saw her visibly relax at his words, then smile and step back to allow him to pass through into her flat.
    “Ok, thanks. I just need to tidy up then we can go. I was cleaning my oven, trying to distract myself.” Nick followed her through into the kitchen, and couldn’t help but chuckle as he saw the fridge, which had been plastered with photos of Emma and Sarah, so much so that he couldn’t tell what color it was.

“You want a drink or something?” Nick turned back round to face Sarah and shook his head. She had removed her gloves and apron and was crouched down putting bottles of cleaning fluid back into a cupboard under the sink.

“You always do that? Clean when you don’t want to think about something?”
    Sarah looked up and smiled wryly.
    “Yea. Ems is forever taking the mick out of me for it. She says I’m worse than Monica from ‘Friends’.” Nick laughed, then his face became serious again, his thoughts drifting.

Sarah noticed and stood, moving towards him and placing a hand on his shoulder. “Catherine means a lot to you doesn’t she?”

He nodded. “She’s… always been there, you know? She helped me through some pretty tough stuff. She’s like a second mom to me… but she’d probably kick my ass if I ever told her that.” Sarah smiled but stayed silent, letting him continue. “I just…”

He was interrupted by the ringing of his cell phone. Sarah stepped back as he pulled it from his pocket and brought it to his ear.

“Stokes.” Sarah watched his face as he listened to the person on the other end of the line. “Yea I’m with her now… What?! You have the address?… Ok, thanks Griss, we’ll meet you there.” Nick shut off the phone and turned back to Sarah.

“They found the house. Detective Jensen and the team are headed there now.” Sarah gasped, then ran from the room.
    “I’ll get my shoes.”

A couple of minutes later they were inside Nick’s car. He started it, but didn’t pull away.
    “Nick? What’s wrong?”
    He took a deep breath, then spoke.

“This may be crappy timing, but I was thinking, when all this is over… maybe you and I could get a drink, or something? Get to know each other a little better?”
    A bright smile spread across Sarah’s face as a blush started creeping up her neck.
    “I’d like that.”

Nick’s smile matched her own as he shifted the car into gear and peeled away from the curb.
    ------------------------------------------------------------------
    Ok, back to my Twin now!

CSIL3Willows
    -x-

15. GregNickRyanFan

:lol: at the Monica mention. I remember that, but she wasn't as bad about cleaning as Danny from Full House was... I mean vaccuming the vaccum cleaner? Really? :lol:

A second mom? Oh, you're darn right Cath would kick your butt, Nicky. She's not even old enough to be your mom... older sis maybe. :lol:

Aww Nicky likes Sarah. :D