Rectification - CSI LV fic

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction' started by CSIL3Willows, Jul 4, 2009.

1. GregNickRyanFan

GregNickRyanFan Holographic Moderator Moderator

Nicky called Grissom boss. Old habits die hard I guess. :lol:

Loved Nicky with Sarah... and loved Grissom praying.

2. MacsGirlMel

MacsGirlMel Mac's Personal Assistant

3. CSIL3Willows

CSIL3Willows Prime Suspect

Hey guys. Sorry it's taken me a while. My muse, Bette, did a runner for a bit. But she's back with a vengence today! Here's more!
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Hours passed, then days, and neither Catherine nor Emma showed any signs of waking. The doctors assured Grissom and Sarah that this was a good thing, but by the end of the first week their concerns had multiplied.

Gil sat alone in the hospital room, his chair in between Emma and Catherine’s beds. About an hour or so before he’d finally helped Nick persuade Sarah to go home and get some rest. In the week since the rescue she’d hardly slept or eaten. Gil had made Nick promise to stay with her and ensure she actually got some sleep.

He glanced between the two beds and sighed, grasping Catherine’s right hand between both of his own.
    His head shot up at the sound of the door opening, his eyes meeting those of Lindsey Willows. She stepped into the room and shut the door, moving to stand beside his chair. Grissom was struck by how much like Catherine she was, despite her darker hair.
    She was silent for a moment, staring at her mother’s still form.

“How is she?” Her voice was small, similar to when she had been a little girl, and Gil’s heart broke for her.”
    “She’s doing ok. The doctor’s keeping her sedated for a while, til the drugs are out of her system.” Lindsey merely nodded.
    “Where’s your Grandma?”
    “Getting coffee. She hates hospitals.” It was Gil’s turn to nod. They were silent for a few moments, the only sound in the room the steady beeping of the heart monitors.

“She called.” Grissom turned to her, confused. “The day that psycho kidnapped her, she called. But I was out. I didn’t get to talk to her…” Her voice broke and he stood quickly, wrapping his arms around her and pulling her into a tight hug, murmuring words of comfort in her ear as she began to cry.
    A few minutes later, as her sobs began to subside, she pulled back and wiped the last few tears from her cheeks.

“I’m sorry Uncle Gil. I got your shirt wet.”
    He smiled. “Don’t worry sweetheart. I never liked it anyway.” His response earned a small laugh from Lindsey.
    “Uncle Jim said you came as soon as Nick called you.” Gil nodded. “I’m really glad you’re here.”
    “I wouldn’t be anywhere else Butterfly.”

A short while later both Lindsey and Grissom looked up as the door opened and a blond woman entered.
    “Mr Grissom? My name is Doctor Laura Baker. I’m taking over from Doctor Will Graham in treating Ms Willows and Miss Brooks.”
    “How are they doing?”
    “Miss Brooks’ condition has improved a lot since she was brought it. We’re reducing her sedative dosage and hope she should regain consciousness soon.”

“What about my mom?” Dr Baker smiled softly at Lindsey.
    “I’m afraid Ms Willows’ condition is still very serious. She was given more cocaine than Miss Brooks, and over a longer period, which means she isn’t improving as well as we would like. We’re continuing to keep her heavily sedated…”

Dr Baker’s voice was cut off abruptly by the shrill wail of the heart monitor next to the bed.
    Lindsey and Gil turned, the young woman clinging to Grissom and fighting back tears at the sight of her mother convulsing violently on the bed.
    Dr Baker moved quickly, punching the call button next to the monitor and attempting to stabilise Catherine’s head. Seconds later another doctor and four nurses rushed into the room, one ushering Gil and Lindsey out into the hallway.

“You need to wait out here so we can help her. We’re doing everything we can.”
    Gil could only stare in horror and pull Lindsey tighter to him as the door swung shut, Dr Baker’s frantic voice reaching their ears.
    “We’re losing her! Get the crash cart!”
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Evil I know!
    CSIL3Willows
    -x-

4. GregNickRyanFan

I loved Gil with Linds. Dangit it makes me mad that the show's writers never had them interact.

5. CathWillows10

CathWillows10 Victim

here is the next part from me! I'm going to leave it up to my twin to fix what she did lol

Nick walked into Sarah’s apartment and shut the door behind him as Sarah flopped onto the couch. She groaned and kicked off her shoes.

“Oh, I forgot to tell you…Bobby fired me today” Sarah said

Nick sat next to her and rubbed her leg “He can’t do that, you should be on leave”

Sarah shrugged “Right now I really don’t care. I have enough money in the bank to survive on for a few months. Maybe after Em’s is better I can get a job with Santa Monica PD”

“Why don’t you move to Vegas? I’m sure Catherine would hire you” he smiled “You could move in with me”

Sarah smiled “I could, but I would be away from Emma”

“Bring her along. Really Sar, what is here for you two? You worked in a coffee shop, sure LA is an awesome place, but what does it really hold for you?”

Sarah sighed and lay her head on Nick’s shoulder “If Emma agrees, I will”

Nick smiled and kissed her head “Good, come on, let’s get you to bed” he said picking her up and carrying her to her bedroom. He placed her onto the bed and kissed her softly “Sweet dreams darling”

Sarah frowned “You’re not going to stay with me?”

“I’ll sleep on the couch honey” Nick smiled

She shook her head “No, please stay…hold me?”

Nick smiled “Ok” Walking over to the other side of the queen bed he climbed in and wrapped his strong arms around her. She sighed and snuggled against him, falling asleep quickly.

A few hours later Nick’s cell rang, waking him from his light sleep. He gently extracted himself from Sarah and answered “Hello?”

“Nick? It’s Grissom, Catherine’s not in good shape, she started to convulse while Lindsey and I were in there.” He took a breath before breaking down in tears “the last thing we heard was crash cart and they haven’t let us in since.”

Nick’s heart sank as he heard his former boss crying over the phone “Ok, I’ll be there in a few minutes. Griss, stay strong”

Nick hung up and turned, shaking Sarah slightly “Baby, Catherine is bad, I have to go”

“I’ll come with you” she said getting up

“No, stay, sleep. I’ll call you later” he said leaning over and kissing her softly. He left alone, driving back to the hospital, praying the entire way that Catherine would be ok, for Grissom’s sake

Last edited: Aug 27, 2009
  6. GregNickRyanFan

Aw at Nick and Sarah.

And Grissom's crying. :hugs him:

7. MacsGirlMel

now get back to Cath and tell how she is lol

8. CSIL3Willows

Ok guys. Here's some more!
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------

The first thing Nick saw when he entered the waiting room was Grissom and Lindsey huddled together on the couch. His former boss had an arm securely wrapped around the young woman’s shoulders and was doing his best to comfort her. Both their heads turned to face him as he approached, and Nick felt his stomach drop as he noticed fresh tears running down Lindsey’s cheeks.

“Anything?” Gil shook his head.
    “No. Doctor Baker and the nurses are still in there. We haven’t been told anything yet.” Nick nodded.
    “Where’s Lily?” The older man sighed.

“She came back from the cafeteria about a half hour after we were kicked out of Cath’s room. She was hysterical. I called Greg and he took her back to the hotel.” Nick nodded again and turned his attention to Lindsey.

“How you doing kiddo?” Lindsey shrugged. “You’re mom is tough Linds. I’m sure she’s gonna be just fine.” All she could manage was a weak smile in return.
    “How was Sarah?” Gil spoke up.
    “She’s ok. Managed to get a little sleep. I had to wake her before I left. She wanted to come back but I told her I’d keep her posted.”
    “Sara came back with you?” Lindsey eyed Gil curiously.

“No Butterfly,” he replied, shaking his head. “Sarah is a friend of Emma’s, the girl who was found with your mom.” Lindsey nodded, and was about to question him further when Doctor Baker appeared in the doorway.

Both Gil and Lindsey stood immediately while Nick turned. All three braced themselves.
    “How’s my mom>“ Lindsey blurted out, earning a weary smile from the older woman.
    “It was touch and go for a while, but we were eventually able to stabilise Ms Willows.” As she spoke the other three occupants of the room relaxed visibly.

“We believe that the convulsions were caused by the residual cocaine that’s left in her system. We’re going to continue to sedate her for a little while longer in order to ensure all the drugs are gone. She’s by no means out of the woods yet, but things are a little more hopeful now.” She paused briefly, glancing down at a file in her hands.

“Would either of you gentlemen know how to contact Miss Sarah Kellogg? She’s down as next of kin for Emma Brooks.” At this Nick paled considerably and shot Gil a worried look.
    “I do. Is… is there a problem with Emma? Is she ok?”
    Doctor Baker smiled again.
    “Miss Brooks regained consciousness about 15 minutes ago.”
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Enjoy! Back to my Twin now!

CSIL3Willows
    -x-

9. GregNickRyanFan

Thank goodness they're both okay!

10. EEK!!!

EEK!!! Hit and Run

yay! :) im so glad you updated! its torture waiting for more!

11. MacsGirlMel

12. CathWillows10

CathWillows10 Victim

Hey guy's sorry this took me so long! It's back to my twin now! I want to thank all of you for the reviews! I believe we have written OVER 50 pages! I dont know about Lily but this is defo the longest fic I have ever had the pleasure of writing!

Enjoy!

xo

Leah

Emma laid in bed still trying to become fully awake. She was in that state she was usually in when she had to go in early in the morning. After her Monster energy drink wore off she went into a state of catatonia. Her eye's would be drooping and she would be walking around half asleep untill she got a few shots of espresso into her system. That's how she felt now, like she needed a few shots of espresso in her so she could get up.

"Hey Tink" Emma smiled and turned her head

"Hi Belle" she said weakly to Sarah

"I brought you flowers" Sarah said entering the room with a big boquet of lavender and white roses, Emma's favroite flowers and a bunch of ballons.

Emma smiled "Thanks chick, your a sweetie"

Nick walked in right after Sarah and Emma looked at him strangely "Sar?"

"It's ok babe, this is Nick, he saved you" she smiled

Emma smiled softly "Then I owe you" she said laying back and closing her eyes

Nick smiled "You don't owe me anything" he said wrapping his arms around Sarah "You brought me to this girl...so technicly I owe you".

Emma opened her eyes and raised an eyebrow

Sarah giggled and leaned against Nick "You've been asleep so I couldn't tell you; Nick and I are seeing each other"

Emma smiled "That's great Hun! I'm happy for you!"

"There is one problem though" Sarah said biting her lip

Emma looked at her "What's that?"

"Nick lives in Las Vegas"

"That is a problem"

"I want to move there Em's, I want to be with Nick"

"Honey, I'm not gonna stop you"

"But I want you to come with"

Emma laughed "What am I going to do in Vegas? Become a showgirl? I don't think so, my life is here"

"But Em's...I'm not going without you"

"Sar, listen to me, you have a chance to be happy, take it, I’ll be just fine here"

Sarah pouted and was about to say something when Nick kissed her cheek "Leave it alone babe, we can convince her later"

Sarah sighed and nodded, noticing that Emma was yawning "You can't possibly be tired"

Emma smiled "Sedation doesn’t mean rest Belle"

Sarah smiled "Ok Tink, go to sleep, I’ll come see you in the morning"

Emma nodded "Oh Sar?"

"Yea?"

"How's Catherine doing?"

Sarah looked at Nick "She's hanging in there" Nick said "She's strong, she'll be ok"

Emma nodded "I hope so...night"

Nick and Sarah left the room and walked to the car. Nick slipping his arm around Sarah and pulling her close, kissing her temple. “Don’t worry babe, if she doesn’t come, we can commute. LA isn’t that far from Vegas. It’s a forty-five minute flight. We can do it.”

Sarah sighed “I don’t want to commute Nick; I want to be able to see you whenever I want, surprise you at work and wake up next to you every morning.” She paused “If she doesn’t come around, I will go anyways. We can commute for friendship, but I won’t commute for love.”

13. MacsGirlMel

glad to see more :)

14. GregNickRyanFan

I love that last line. :D

15. CSIL3Willows

Hey guys. Sorry for the LOONG gap, but I just moved and have had every Internet problem you can think of! Fortunately it's all up and running again now, so I can post!!!!!
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Gil sat alone in Catherine’s room, the incessant beeping of the heart monitor attached to her frail body his only companion. He’d sent a reluctant Lindsey back to the hotel with her grandmother a couple of hours previously, armed with the promise of immediate notification of any change in her mother’s condition. Gil knew she needed to rest, but part of him had been pained to see her go; without her the hospital room felt considerably more oppressive and bleak.

Nick had stopped by shortly after with an update on Emma. Gil had been pleased to hear that she seemed to be recovering well so far. But as his eyes had settled on Catherine’s still form he’d felt a twinge of jealousy that she hadn’t been the one to regain consciousness.
    Now, as he sat in virtual solitude, every fibre in his being was willing for some flicker of life. He scooted his chair a little closer and grasped her right hand between both of his own. He leant forward, so close that he could see his breath slightly ruffling the strands of her strawberry blond hair that rested near her ear.

“Catherine? Cath, I know you’re still there, and I know on some level you can hear me. At least I hope you can. You have to wake up now sweetheart… I know I haven’t been very good at showing it, but you mean everything to me. I don’t know what I would do without you. The months I spent in Costa Rica, not seeing you everyday, not hearing your voice, seeing your smile… I felt like a huge part of me was missing.” He paused, his gaze shifting to her face, searching in vain for a flicker of her eyelids, a movement, anything that would indicate she was waking up, that she was coming back to him.

“I missed you. I know if you were awake you’d probably roll your eyes and give me a look, but it’s true. I missed the way you’d just walk into my office without knocking, the way you’d instinctively know if a case was bothering me and how you’d make sure I took care of myself. I missed they way you used to tease me about being ‘politically tone deaf’… I think that was the phrase you used. And you were right. You always were… are.” He sighed deeply, scrubbing one of his hands across his face before returning it to its original position wrapped around her much smaller one.

“I missed your strength. You are one of, if not the strongest person I know. Some of the cases I’ve seen you work, some of the things you’ve experienced in your life, a lesser person wouldn’t of survived. But you did. I missed your passion, your tenacity… Of course I missed your tush” He paused again, a ghost of a smile playing on his lips as he echoed words he’d spoken to her before.

“… Please Cath… I don’t know what else to say, except that I love you with all my heart. Even through everything with Sara you have to know that it was always you, always has been. You have to wake up now…. I need you to…”

He sighed again, part in frustration and part through relief that he’d finally managed to get everything off his chest. Bowing his head, he let it rest on the edge of the bed.
    Gil closed his eyes, fighting the exhaustion that was invading his body before squeezing Catherine’s hand gently.

He froze then shot bolt upright in his chair, certain he’d imagined it. Imagined the feel of her fingers fluttering softly against his hand. His eyes shot to her face and he tentatively squeezed again, holding his breath in anticipation. This time he was certain. His heart soared and a smile spread across his face as he saw her eyelids begin to flicker before opening fully.

She blinked a few times, then her blue eyes finally met his. She was awake.
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    It's back to my Twin now! Hope yall enjoyed it!
    CSIL3Willows
    -x-