Rectification - CSI LV fic

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction' started by CSIL3Willows, Jul 4, 2009.

1. CathWillows10

CathWillows10 Victim

fix it? fix what? lol

2. MacsGirlMel

MacsGirlMel Mac's Personal Assistant

You know what lol. Get them back. Or her back. It's only Cath this time right?

3. EEK!!!

EEK!!! Hit and Run

ooh, so good! :drool: im glad gil is back​

Last edited: Aug 2, 2009
  4. CathWillows10

CathWillows10 Victim

Hey everyone, here is an update! Enjoy and PLEASE REVIEW!!!

xo

Leah

Catherine woke up in darkness. Bound by her wrists she strained to look around the dark room she was in. A voice scared her making her jump.

“Hi” a young female said softly

Catherine struggled to catch her breath “I’m sorry, I didn’t mean to scare you” she said

Catherine strained to see the girl “Emma?” she asked not quite sure

Emma looked at her curiously “Marg?” she asked “No, you can’t be Marg...I would have known...”

Catherine chuckled “No, my name is Catherine, I’m a criminalist from Las Vegas. I was brought in to help find you”

Emma chuckled “Well you found me!” she said sarcastically

Catherine frowned “Has Natalie hurt you?”

Emma swallowed “No”

The door opened and Natalie walked in. Catherine watched as she walked over to the table and laid out something she couldn’t see.

“Natalie...please, whatever it is your going to do you won’t get away with it.” Catherine pled with her.

Natalie said nothing. She walked over to Catherine holding a syringe and Catherine’s eyes got wide. “Natalie? What is that? What are you doing?”

Natalie stayed quiet, grabbed Catherine’s arm and injected the solution into Catherine’s vain.

Catherine winced at the pain, but then felt something familiar. Something she hadn’t felt in a long time.

Gil Grissom walked into the lab and looked at the familiar faces. Greg, Riley and Ray smiled at him. Nick couldn’t even look at him. Grissom frowned and looked at the group.

“No time for formalities, give me specifics of the case.”

Greg nodded “Natalie Davis escaped from prison a week ago with the help of two guards. She came out here in attempt to commit one more murder.” He slid a photo of Bobby Anderson across the table to Gil. “Bobby Anderson was a manager at a cleaning service in Las Vegas, now a manager at a Starbucks in Santa Monica. He was suppose to open the shop two days ago but called in one of his shift leads to open instead.” He handed him a photo of Emma. “Emma Brooks walked into the store alone since her Barista was running late. Started to open the shop, saw that miniature” He said pointing to the miniature if the Starbucks “and was knocked out by Natalie using chloroform.”

“That’s when we arrived” Nick spoke “We processed the scene, talked to Bobby and Sarah Kellogg, Emma’s best friend and that brings us to last night.” He said and looked at Jim.

"I dropped Catherine and Nick off at the hotel and came back here for a meeting with Detective Jensen. Nicky went to the beach and Catherine went for a run. When I got back to the hotel I found that” he gestured to the newest miniature “on the doorstep of our room.”

“That’s when we were called and Nick called you” Ray said.

“Natalie is messing with us” Riley said handing Grissom another photo, A photo of Catherine. He looked at Riley with a raised eyebrow. “That’s not Catherine, she is an actress, her name is Marg Helgenberger. Natalie planted this cup” She handed the evidence bag to Grissom “with her nickname on it. I think Natalie intended to get Catherine out here all along, that she was the original target”

Gil nodded “Nice work Now does anyone know where this house is?” he asked

“My officers have seen a photo and are looking for a similar structure. I also broadcasted it the LAPD in case it’s not in Santa Monica” Detective Jensen said.

“Gil, there is one other thing you need to know about this miniature” Greg said

Gil looked at him, he bit his lip. “When I examined the doll of Catherine I found track marks on the arms...I swabbed them and the substance came back...” Greg couldn’t say it.

“Came back what Greg?” Grissom said impatiently

“It came back cocaine” Nick blurted out hanging his head in shame. He looked up at Gil, his eyes watering “I’m sorry, I’m sorry I couldn’t protect her” he said before leaving the room and walking outside. Trying to calm himself he sat on a bench taking in deep breaths of ocean air.

Gil followed him and sat beside him “it’s not your fault Nick.”

Nick shook his head “I should have seen the signs...everything was pointing to Catherine.”

“Natalie would have gotten to her anyway. You know how resourceful she is.”

“Still, I should have seen it...you taught me better than that.” He said looking up at his mentor.

Gil looked at him and took a breath. “We will find her, we have to” he said adding a thought ‘I can’t live without her’.

5. GregNickRyanFan

GregNickRyanFan Holographic Moderator Moderator

Poor Nicky.

Yikes, Natalie's drugging Cath. :(

6. MacsGirlMel

so come on, rescue her already. Ask Linda, I have no patience lol

7. EEK!!!

EEK!!! Hit and Run

I love how nick is so prootective of her :) and i love that grissom came back for her. very cute :adore: no sara back with him, are they together still? or should i wait to find out....

Last edited: Aug 4, 2009
  8. CathWillows10

CathWillows10 Victim

lol wait to find out, but I think you can figure that out your self by the last line

9. MacsGirlMel

lol I notice everyone always wants to break them up. I'm happy though 'cause of the spoilers.

10. EEK!!!

EEK!!! Hit and Run

haha ya. if i didnt love grillows so much i wouldnt mind gsr. i cant help it, its like a disease!

11. MacsGirlMel

yeah I know what you mean. I'm that way with Smacked. OK caught up...so get him back already.

12. CSIL3Willows

CSIL3Willows Prime Suspect

Heya guys. Here's some more.
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Following their conversation, Grissom retreated back inside the lab, leaving Nick alone with his thoughts.
    For the thousandth time since discovering Catherine was missing, he berated himself for not being more alert, for not pre-empting the danger she was in. He should’ve insisted she come to the beach instead of going for a run alone. He should’ve gone with her, had her back the way she’d had his during the whole situation with Kristy.

He sighed deeply, dropping his head into his hands. He heard footsteps nearby but ignored them, focussing on a piece of chewing gum stuck to the sidewalk next to his shoe. A shadow fell over his hunched body, then a hand landed softly on his shoulder.

Nick lifted his head and his eyes locked with Sarah’s. She smiled sympathetically before dropping down next to him on the bench. He watched her wordlessly as she fished around in her purse, pulling out a packet of cigarettes. She took one out and offered it to him. When he shook his head she brought it to her own lips, lighting it and inhaling deeply.

“Detective Jensen told me about Catherine. I’m sorry Nick.” Puffs of smoke sailed from her mouth as she spoke. Nick simply shrugged.

“It’s my fault you know.” he spoke after a few moments silence. Sarah looked over at him, eyebrows raised.

“How exactly?”

“I should’ve seen it coming. I should’ve known Cath was in danger here.” She pursed her lips before taking another drag on her cigarette.

“And my car shouldn’t be such a piece of crap. If it wasn’t then I would’ve been at the shop with Emma the morning she was taken.”

“You couldn’t have known you were going to break down…” Nick began, but she cut him off.

“And you couldn’t have known Natalie was going to take Catherine when she went jogging yesterday.”
    He opened his mouth to protest but she placed her hand over it, silencing him.
    “You can’t blame yourself Nick. And although I don’t know Catherine as well as you do, she doesn’t strike me as the kind of person that would blame you either.”

Nick smiled against her palm, taking hold of her wrist and pulling it gently away from his face.

“You’re right. She’s not.” Sarah returned his smile, and was inwardly thrilled to notice he had yet to release her hand.

“What can I say? I’m good at reading people.” Her eyes widened as remembered the other reason she’d come to see him.

“When you, Catherine and Captain Brass left yesterday I started thinking about Natalie. I did a little digging on the Interweb and read up on the cases in Vegas. From what I can tell she is exceptionally organised, obviously likes to be in control and have things planned well in advance.” Nick nodded as Sarah took a breath before continuing.

“I’m guessing she’d been planning this thing at the coffee shop for weeks, possibly even months. But there were some things she would’ve been unable to plan from her prison cell. The house she’s holding Ems and Catherine in, for example. She wouldn’t of had the time to get from Vegas to here, make the miniature of the shop and go house-hunting. This makes me think that it had to have been a house she already had knowledge of.”

Nick’s eyebrows rose.

“You got all of that from reading about the cases?”

Sarah nodded. “Just the stuff the newspaper’s wrote about.”

“You’re good.” Sarah blushed slightly as they rose from the bench simultaneously, Nick releasing her hand as he did.

“I’m gonna head inside, tell the rest of the team what you told me. Thanks Sarah. This could really help us find Emma and Catherine. I’ll keep you posted.” Impulsively, Nick leaned forward and pressed a gentle kiss to Sarah’s cheek, before turning and heading back inside the lab.

Sarah’s blush deepened to a shade of scarlet as she gathered up her things and headed back towards her car, hear heart pounding wildly.
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------
    There's another post to come from me, but it's written on paper so I have to type it up at some point tomorrow!
    Enjoy!
    CSIL3Willows
    -x-

13. EEK!!!

EEK!!! Hit and Run

i was hoping you would post today :) the story is wonderful!

14. GregNickRyanFan

GregNickRyanFan Holographic Moderator Moderator

Aww Nicky. :adore: Good thing Sarah gave him something to look for.

15. MacsGirlMel

come on and fix it lol