Rectification - CSI LV fic

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction' started by CSIL3Willows, Jul 4, 2009.

1. CSIL3Willows

CSIL3Willows Prime Suspect

Hey guys! Me and my buddy Leah have started writing a fanfic together, and she's said I can post it on here. It's set post season 9, but you're not getting anymore info cause I don't want to spoil anything!

Here's the first part!

------------------------------------------------------------------------
    It was early morning in Santa Monica. The sun had not long risen above the horizon as Emma Brooks rolled her car to a stop in the Starbucks parking lot. She sighed loudly as she locked the car and walked towards the building, hitching her bag higher on her shoulder as she moved. Emma hated having to open up although she did it most days; her boss was most certainly not a morning person.

Once she was inside she flipped the latch back, effectively locking her in. There was no way she was serving anyone until bang on opening time. Securing her purse and jacket under the counter, she moved to turn the machines on, hitting a couple of light switches as she passed.

It was only then that something caught her eye. Frowning, she maneuvered her way through the tables to one near the back. She stopped as she reached it, and stared at the large cardboard box on top. She was certain it hasn't been there last night; she'd locked up and the table had been empty.

Tentatively she opened the lid and peered inside. Her frown deepened as she viewed the contents. Inside was a perfect replica of the coffee shop. The detail was impeccable. Everything was there, right down to the little paper cups used for takeouts. Her eyes widened as they fell on the figure behind the counter, lying face up in a pool of what smelled like coffee.

That was the last thought that ran through her mind before a hand holding a cloth was clamped around her mouth and she was plunged into darkness.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------
    First part done! Enjoy and let me know what you think! I'll be passing youreviews onto Leah as well, so you'll be making two people happy if you review!!

CSIL3Willows
    -x-

2. GregNickRyanFan

GregNickRyanFan Holographic Moderator Moderator

Woah! Didn't expect the minature of the coffee shop. Has Natalie escaped and started killing again?

3. MacsGirlMel

MacsGirlMel Mac's Personal Assistant

interesting.
    I don't know if she could have escaped, she killed herself, didn't she? Or that was the indication with the mini Natalie that Grissom found.

4. CathWillows10

CathWillows10 Victim

Hey all, it's Leah...

I just rewatched Woulda, Coulda, Shoulda and Natalie DID NOT kill herself...yes Griss found the miniature but it is not shown that Natalie did the deed, so it is quite possible she escaped and came back...

Not that I'm gonna give anything away...lol Next part should be up soon! thanks for the comments!

5. CathWillows10

CathWillows10 Victim

Part two!

Graveshift supervisor Catherine Willows was sat in her office in the Las Vegas Crime Lab. Her head was bowed, glasses perched on her nose, hair thrown into a haphazard pony tail as she filled out the endless stream of paper work that occupied her desk. God how she hated case reviews!

She exhaled loudly, a futile attempt to blow her bangs out of her eyes. She raised her head at the sound of a knock at her office door and was met with the sight of Captain Jim Brass. She offered a smile which he didn’t return as he stepped inside and closed the door with a gentle click. Catherine sat up a little straighter, removing her glasses and placing them on top of the file that lay open in front of her.

"Jim?" The question was evident in her voice as her friend and colleague lowered himself into the chair opposite.

"Do you want the bad news, or the worse news?" Catherine's eyebrows rose.

"The bad," she replied hesitantly, silently wondering what could've gone so wrong this time.

"I just got off the phone with the Nevada State Correctional Facility. Natalie Davis escaped from prison."

Her eyes widened in shock as she gasped. "What! When?"

His mouth contorted into a humorless smirk. "That's the real kicker. It happened four days ago."

Her eyebrows rose, almost disappearing into her hairline. "You're kidding? And they've only just decided to inform us?"

Jim nodded. "To say the sheriff was unamused would be the understatement of the century."

Catherine shook her head slowly, then remembered the second choice he had offered her. "Wait, what's the worse news?"

"I got a call from Detective Donna Jensen out of Santa Monica. Missing person's case. Emma Brooks was abducted from the Starbucks where she works." He reached into his inside jacket pocket and passed a photograph across the desk. Catherine accepted it and slipped her glasses onto her face. "Detective Jensen faxed that over. It was found at the scene."

She stared in horror at the picture of the miniature in her hand. She closed her eyes for a moment before removing her glasses and passing the photo back to Brass.

"What does Santa Monica want from us?"

"Help. Since we were the ones who apprehended her the first time, they thought we might be able to catch her again."

Catherine sighed and rose from her desk, her muscles protesting at the movement. Jim got to his feet too. "I'll send Greg, Riley and Ray over to the State Pen, see if they can figure out how she escaped." She left the office, Jim following close behind as she pulled out her cell phone, punched in a number and brought it to her ear.

"Nicky? It's Catherine. Pack a bag, grab your kit and meet me and Jim at the airport in an hour. We're going to LA."

6. GregNickRyanFan

Even though I wasn't a huge fan of the minature storyline, this is very good. I guess if Nick and Cath are out of town, that leaves Greg as supervisor for the day. :lol: I can just see Greg loving being the one in charge, even if temporarily. :lol: Can't wait to see where you two go with this story. :)

7. CSIL3Willows

ROFLMAO at Greg as a supervisor! Teehee! Either me or Leah will post more soon. Glad yall like it!

CSIL3Willows
    -x-

8. MacsGirlMel

Yeah that'd be fun :)

more soon!

9. CSIL3Willows

Hey guys. Here's the next bit! Enjoy!
    ----------------------------------------------------------------
    Emma Brooks woke up in fog, struggling to focus her eyes, she moaned. Her head hurt, her eyes hurt, hell everything hurt. When she finally got her bearings the situation she was in confused her even more. She was handcuffed to staircase railing in what seemed to be an abandoned house. She coughed a few times, her lungs hurt from the dust in the air.

“Hello?” she called out. She heard nothing except the wind blowing through the overgrown garden outside.
    Emma Brooks was never a crier, but now it was the only thing she could do.
    Catherine, Nick and Jim maneuvered their way through Los Angeles International Airport. The crowd of people that flooded the terminal moved quickly, but not fast enough for Catherine who almost ran towards the exit doors. A flash caught her eye and she looked to her right.
    No wonder this place was so crowded, an actress stood by the baggage claim, posing for photos as paparazzi called out her name. “Marg! Marg! Over here Marg! Ms. Helgenberger!” The pretty redhead smiled and squinted slightly as the flashes attacked her.

Nick laughed as he caught up to Catherine “Only in LA…hey, she kinda looks like you”
    Catherine laughed “Yea, in my dreams!”

The trio finally reached the outside where they met up with detective Donna Jensen. She was leaning against her car, smoking a cigarette. She saw the trio and threw her cigarette on the ground, stomping on it with her boots as she walked over. “LVPD?” she asked
    Jim nodded “Captain Jim Brass, this is Nick Stokes and Catherine Willows from the crime lab”
    “Detective Donna Jensen, SMPD” she introduced herself as the group shook hands. “What would you like to do first? Hotel or Crime Scene?”
    “Crime Scene” Catherine responded
    Detective Jensen nodded and walked over to her Prius, popping the trunk. “Is this your personal car?” Nick asked
    “Yup, I hate the Crown Vic’s…so I choose to drive this instead.” She smiled getting into the driver’s seat.

Catherine Jim and Nick put their gear in the trunk and got in the car. The normally 20 minute drive took over an hour due to the congestion on the 405 freeway. Detective Jensen used the time to fill them in on what she had found, describing the miniature, showing them photos and giving them a brief history of the vic.
    “Apparently she was loved around here. She had worked for Starbucks for four years, at this location for about a year…everyone who came in knew her, including myself” she said as she pulled into the parking lot

“Well that could be a good thing, or a bad thing” Catherine said getting out of the car.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Enjoy! Will post more soon!
    CSIL3Willows
    -x-

10. GregNickRyanFan

Loved the part about Marg and Nicky saying she looks like Cath. :lol:

11. CathWillows10

CathWillows10 Victim

here is part 4 for you!

Nick and Catherine, silver kits in hand, strode towards the coffee shop, ducking under the yellow crime scene tape that was still in place. Jim had followed Detective Jensen, who had veered off to the left to talk to the manager, who was protesting loudly over the fact that his shop was still closed. Catherine rolled her eyes as she pushed her sunglasses onto her head.
    “You’d think the guy would be a little more concerned about his missing employee,” Nick commented as they passed a uniformed officer at the door and entered the café.
    Catherine snorted, her mouth contorting into a wry smile.
    “Yea. Right. All this guy cares about is the fact that being an employee down probably means he has to do some work for a change!” Nick chuckled at her cynicism as he proceeded to take general photos of the scene. Catherine moved to the counter, instructing Nick to take a couple of shots of the table the miniature had been found on.
    “Her purse is still here,” she started to comment, before her attention was diverted to the floor.
    “Cath? You ok?” Nick asked, coming to stand beside her.
    “You see this?” she asked, gesturing to the puddle of coffee on the floor.
    “Yea, it was in the miniature.”
    “Yea I know. But what’s the one thing that was in the miniature that appears to be missing from our crime scene?” Nick paused for a moment, brow furrowed in concentration. Catherine gave him a few moments before putting the young man out of his misery. “Emma Brooks’ body. It wasn’t at the crime scene, which is inconsistent with the miniature. With all the other cases, the bodies where found at the crime scene.” She cringed inwardly. “Sara being the only exception.” Nick merely nodded. Catherine opened her mouth, about to say something further when the door to the shop swung open and Jim stuck his head inside.
    “Hey. There’s someone out here I think you’re gonna want to talk to.” The two CSIs nodded and followed him out.
    “Please tell me it’s not the damn manager,” Catherine muttered, earning a stifled chuckle from Nick. The three walked over to where Detective Jensen was standing beside her car, talking with a young woman. Noticing their approach, Jensen turned and made introductions.
    “Nick, Catherine, this is Sarah Kellogg, she and Emma are friends. She also works for Starbucks and was the one who discovered the crime scene. Sarah, this is Nick Stokes and Catherine Willows, from the Las Vegas Crime Lab.”
    At the mention of Las Vegas, the short redhead looked up, pinning the two criminalists with her brown eyes.
    “Vegas? How come you’re out here?” Both Catherine and Nick were surprised to hear the girl spoke with a British accent.
    “We believe that your friend’s disappearance is connected to a prisoner who escaped from the Nevada State Correctional Facility four days ago.” Sarah simply nodded, and Catherine’s heart went out to her. “Why don’t you tell us what happened the morning Emma vanished?”
    “I was due to open up with Ems, but my car broke down on the way here. I called and told her I was running late. She said she’d open up without me but not tell Bobby - Anderson, the manager - that I was late so he wouldn’t dock my pay.” She paused for a breath, then continued. “I was only about twenty minutes late. Guess that was long enough. I got my keys out ready to go inside, but the door was unlocked, which was queer.” Catherine and Nick both glanced at each other, slightly confused. Sarah rolled her eyes. “Queer as in strange, not gay. I went inside, saw the lights on, the coffee brewing, so I knew Ems had to be around somewhere. Then I noticed the coffee on the floor behind the counter, and the box on the table near the back. I looked inside, saw that freaky model thingy, then called the police.”
    Nick nodded. “Would you be available if we need to ask you any more questions?”
    “Sure. Detective Jensen has my number.” Nick smiled warmly at her, causing her slightly olive skin to flush a little.
    Catherine turned to walk away, but was stopped by Sarah’s hand on her arm.
    “Ms Willows? Please find Emma. She’s pretty much my only friend here in La-La land, more like family really. I don’t know what I’d do without her.”
    “We’ll do everything we can to try and get her back safely Miss Kellogg.” She gave the girl one last reassuring smile before heading back into the crime scene with Nick and Jim.

12. MacsGirlMel

glad for an update...more soon!

13. CathWillows10

CathWillows10 Victim

Another part for your reading pleasure!

The trio walked back into the shop and Catherine looked around. “Something isn’t right” she said more to herself than anyone. Nick looked at her “What are you thinkin boss lady?” he teased.
    Catherine walked back around the counter to the pool of coffee. “Why isn’t Emma here?” She looked over to the miniature. “Nick, bring the miniature over here”
    Nick went to the back table and retrieved the miniature, setting it on the counter in front of Catherine. She grabbed the tweezers out of her case and carefully lifted the tiny doll in the pool of coffee. Her eyes widened as she realized something. “Nicky...tell me what’s wrong with this doll” she said showing him. Nick squinted and shrugged. Catherine rolled her eyes “It’s male”
    Jim looked at her oddly “How do you know that?”
    Catherine smirked “Natalie is very detailed, there is no makeup, the hair isn’t long. If this was a female there would at least be makeup, there was in all of the other miniatures.” She put the doll down and looked outside to see if Sarah was still there. She was, talking to detective Jensen.
    “Sarah?” Catherine asked walking out of the store “You wouldn’t happen to have a photo of Emma with you would you?”
    Sarah looked at her “Uh, yeah...just what’s on my phone, I have some actual photographs at my apartment”
    “What’s on your phone will be fine for now” Catherine smiled.
    Sarah pulled out her cell and opened it up “I uh, I have a picture of us as my main screen” she sniffed
    Catherine took the phone and smiled “This is perfect, I just needed to see what she looked like” she said looking down at the smiling, blue eyed girl with shoulder length dark blond hair. “How recent is this?”
    Sarah sighed “Last Saturday...we went out just for the hell of it.”
    Catherine smiled at her again handing her back her phone. “Thanks Sarah, when you get a chance I would like a hard copy of a photo.” Sarah nodded and Catherine walked back into the shop. “I want to talk to Mr. Anderson...Emma wasn’t the intended target, she was just at the wrong place at the wrong time.”

Last edited: Jul 9, 2009
  14. MacsGirlMel

interesting twist.

15. GregNickRyanFan

So the girl wasn't the target. I was wondering why she wasn't just killed and left at the scene. Good twist.