Re-examine the episodes! ['Extreme']

Re: Re-examine the episodes! ['Dispo Day']

I absolutely love Dispo Day. It's definitely in my list of top 5 episodes :D Of course, I love how much Speed we get to see, but there are a lot of other things about it that I love as well. Calleigh on cocaine, the sleezy reporter, the case overall, and we really get to see some emotions in our CSI's, which isn't something we get a lot of. Oh, and of course, all the different polygraphs.

And the whole thing about Speed not cleaning his gun... I think it worked in this episode, for the same reasons Geni stated above.

All in all, it was just a fabulous episode.

I think it's possible for Speed to have this kind of problem. It always seemed to me like his service pistol was more of an accessory or just something he was required to have rather than something he relied on while on the job. I also never really got the feeling that he took his own safety very seriously but obviously the safety of others was on his mind (when Hollis was killed).

I really like that way of looking at it Geni! I agree his weapon was more of an accessory and while he cared about others safety he seemed not to worry so much about his own. But he was really torn up by what happened to Hollis. :( *hugs for Speed!*

Dispo Day was the first episode of CSI:Miami I ever saw.

It was also when I decided that Calleigh was my favorite character.

I also remember not knowing Eric's last name yet (obviously, since it the first one I ever watched) and I thought he was that Erik Riden guy - the one that ended up being the news reporter...I don't know how or why I thought that, I think it was when they had his name on that glass and that he was going to end up being the bad guy.

I also remember watching Speed get shot and thinking...well, gosh this is the first episode I've ever watched and already someone gets killed...then I saw that he had on the bullet proof vest.

I thought something was going to happen to Calleigh when she was in that alley by herself looking for the other bullet. Then Frank's car came and I knew she'd be alright.

When Cal got dosed with the Cocaine I was like OMG they are going to fire her!

Yep... that's the epi that got me hooked on Miami LOL

Are we done discussing Dispo Day? I haven't seen any posts in the last 24 hours. I'm impatient to watch another, lol! So next person who posts can pick the next episode if you are ready to move on! Always feel free to comment on each other's posts and go back to an episode we've done before!

I loved the first three seasons! Those of you who haven't seen the early seasons, you don't know what you missed.

Dispo Day was one of the best. Emily Procter really got to show us what she could do. Even though Horatio and Yelina were having some good eye sex, they could keep it professional. Back in the early years, Yelina was a beautiful but tough, go-getter of a detective, whereas in later seasons, she seemed to do little more than be sad when Ray Jr or Rick Stetler gave her grief.

And Horatio gave that IAB guy the best line in the series yet: "You guys couldn't find your a$$ with both hands!" (Although during my Army days, it was a different area).

Sorry, Fallen, I missed your post. Should I start a new thread about another early epi? Does it have to be one of those in the poll, or can I pick any one in S1-S3?

And Horatio gave that IAB guy the best line in the series yet: "You guys couldn't find your a$$ with both hands!" (Although during my Army days, it was a different area).

Sorry, Fallen, I missed your post. Should I start a new thread about another early epi? Does it have to be one of those in the poll, or can I pick any one in S1-S3?

I love that Horatio quote! Alamance we'll keep using this thread we'll just ask someone to change the title as we change epis. How about an episode from Season 2 this time around? Anyone have any suggestions? One they'd like to rewatch?

Florry86 said:
BTW do you really think it is that realistic that such a nice person who really cares about the victims & human beings could have such a dirty gun? I mean I could have thought this kind of problem for a person like Eric (also b/c a person like him who changes girlfriend every week doesn't care too much about people :p). IDK I really think it wasn't that appropriate to create this kind of problem to a person like Tim, that's all ;)

I think it's possible for Speed to have this kind of problem. It always seemed to me like his service pistol was more of an accessory or just something he was required to have rather than something he relied on while on the job. I also never really got the feeling that he took his own safety very seriously but obviously the safety of others was on his mind (when Hollis was killed).

I think this is a valid reason & I do agree w/ you on this. Still I can't accept Speedle's gun storyline. Sorry, but I still think it was pretty dumb to kill him off in this way :shifty:

As for other episodes, let me think......I agree w/ CSISDFlash. I'd liike to see a discussion on this episode, though I'd still love to see any kind of discussion on every episode of the show :lol:

Florry86 said:
BTW do you really think it is that realistic that such a nice person who really cares about the victims & human beings could have such a dirty gun? I mean I could have thought this kind of problem for a person like Eric (also b/c a person like him who changes girlfriend every week doesn't care too much about people :p). IDK I really think it wasn't that appropriate to create this kind of problem to a person like Tim, that's all ;)

I think this is a valid reason & I do agree w/ you on this. Still I can't accept Speedle's gun storyline. Sorry, but I still think it was pretty dumb to kill him off in this way :shifty:

As for other episodes, let me think......I agree w/ CSISDFlash. I'd liike to see a discussion on this episode, though I'd still love to see any kind of discussion on every episode of the show :lol:

Hi i have to agree with you both , wannabe was a very good episode :)

Yes Wannabe :) I love Wannabe!!! :thumbsup:

Here it goes :)

-Horatio: "I'm going to get some love from the feds, they owe me a favor" :p

-The whole scene with Calleigh admitting to Eric her fear of ants. I always crack up when she says they are sneaky and mobile :lol:

-The whole Colombian hormiga culona thing (which, just a fun fact for those who don't know, means "big-butted ant"). When I went to Colombia some of my friends actually ate hormigas culonas and had a blast with it taking pics and all that. They actually liked them. They sale them in the streets in little bags like popcorn. Me, I just stayed away from them, the ants I mean ;).

-The quick shot with Cal standing in front of the tank full of ants in the club :lol:

-Speed: "Sorry, next time I'll just ask the victim to die in one spot" :lol: I miss Speed :(.

-Talking about Speed, I really enjoyed watching how touched he was with the whole Wally storyline. Rory did a great job in this episode with Speed's emotions :).

-Eric being all sweet and telling Cal he would get into the ant's tank :)

-Calleigh deciding she would face her fears. Her expressions and reaction :guffaw: Then Eric's stragglers? :guffaw: So funny

-Horatio and Speed's talk at the end was really nice :).

Changed the thread title to reflect this week's topic. :)

Just have to respond to one thing before I get started on it...heh.

Florry86 said:

Despite what I think about his gun, I totally agree with you on the re-use of the storyline to facilitate his death. It was probably the most convenient way to write him out but like Rory mentioned in an interview with CSI Files, this show comes up with so many cool ways to kill people and he gets shot (whilst having a dirty gun)?

But I digress... :lol:

Wannabe time! :D Good thing too, I just finished watching this one on Showcase Diva the other day so it's still fresh in my mind.

Obviously, great development for Speed, I'm not gonna lie. :devil: He had some great lines in this one too, especially the one hiphugger17 mentioned.

Overall, it was a really cool theme to delve into as CSI was becoming increasingly popular and same with the forensic field in general. The case B was also really interesting and it was a lot of fun to see Calleigh and Eric work together. They gelled together so well in the first couple of seasons.

It was so cute to see Calleigh unphased by even the most gruesome of crime scenes yet she was afraid of ants. :lol: I understand your fears, Calleigh, I really do. The case B was really great and didn't take away from the rest of the episode. It was simple yet a good mystery.

Can I just say that I totally loved Wally? He was such a sweet character and incredibly memorable (much like Eugene in 'Witness to Murder'). I was gutted to learn his fate. :( Though Rory did a great job with the material and it was awesome to see Horatio and Speed have this kind of 'father/son' vibe about them. It was also a nice parallel to Speed and Wally's relationship. To me, he [Speed] seemed kind of like a big brother.

Awesome episode and definitely one of my favourites. :)

Re: Re-examine the episodes! ['Wannabe']

It was so cute to see Calleigh unphased by even the most gruesome of crime scenes yet she was afraid of ants. :lol: I understand your fears, Calleigh, I really do.

So do I. I worked with an ER nurse who was a real adrenaline junkie. The more gruesome the case the better. Her weakness was crepitus (cracking, popping joints). She preferred the Friday and Saturday night shifts just to be part of the action. Yet you could make her skin crawl by cracking your knuckles.

I haven't seen Wannabe in a long time, but I do remember that Speed was good with that boy.

Hi i really enjoy this episode of season 2

my favorite bits are

Speedle coaching Wally on the court case and then letting him help him with his paper work. that was a really sweet moment .

Calleigh climbing out of the ant tank , and Eric saying stragglers? :lol:

Oh I just adored Wannable, possibely for the same reasons why I loved Dispo day.
On one hand we have the serious Speedle & his character development & surely Wally was an interesting character which helped us to understand better our lovely Speed.
Their first meeting cracked me up especially when Tim told him that the evidence Wally had in his room was fake :lol:
Then, things got serious & I felt both for Wally (when Speedle explained made him sign the pages) & for Speedle who remained sure someone killed the guy.
Poor Wally, too much tension & he wasn't able to cope w/ it :(

On the other hand, Calleigh knew how to cheer the day up :lol:. Her fear was hilarious especially when she had to explain to Delko's that particular:shifty:

The whole Colombian hormiga culona thing (btw gotta love this name) cracked me up & I just couldn't get over Yelina's normal face while Calleigh & Alexx were obviously disgusted :guffaw:

And gotta love the end w/ Calleigh diving in the ant's tank to find the winning ticket :guffaw:

The case B was interesting, but as someone else said, it lef the needed space to the case A, which was a great thing :thumbsup:.

Back