Ratings: CSI vs ...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: CSI Ratings versus Grey's Anatomy

myfuturecsi said:
One thing I will say about Grey's Anatomy. Eventually everyone will have slept with everyone and then what's left for the show? Just a thought.

Haha!! Good point... :lol: That's why I really love CSI... The great thing about it is, there will always be cases, kinda like Law and Order which is why that show's been on for so long. It's one of those shows you can watch any time, and really get in to. IMO, CSI is the most WATCHED show because even if you watch the episodes out of order you can enjoy it, but shows like Grey's Anatomy and Lost are the most TALKED about shows. I think it's a bit harder to discuss the story lines and stuff of CSI cause it's more of a show you just enjoy watching, but the fun of GA and Lost is talking about it the day after. Just my thoughts. (Btw CSI is still and will always be my favorite!! :))

According to the fast national ratings for this Thursday, CSI lost again to Grey's in total household, total viewers, 18-49 and 25-54. For me both shows are really good, Grey's so far stuck on the formula that made their show successful. I think that CSI would've been able to keep their viewers unfortunately they messed up so bad last season and like coolcatz said they veered away from their old formula.

The first episode of Grey's Anatomy turned me off to the show ... one guy gave another guy syphillis because they both slept with the same girl?!?!

Grey's is a soap shown during prime time.

sherlockanne said:
myfuturecsi said:
One thing I will say about Grey's Anatomy. Eventually everyone will have slept with everyone and then what's left for the show? Just a thought.

Haha!! Good point... :lol: That's why I really love CSI... The great thing about it is, there will always be cases, kinda like Law and Order which is why that show's been on for so long. It's one of those shows you can watch any time, and really get in to. IMO, CSI is the most WATCHED show because even if you watch the episodes out of order you can enjoy it, but shows like Grey's Anatomy and Lost are the most TALKED about shows. I think it's a bit harder to discuss the story lines and stuff of CSI cause it's more of a show you just enjoy watching, but the fun of GA and Lost is talking about it the day after. Just my thoughts. (Btw CSI is still and will always be my favorite!! :))

That's a really good point. CSI is about the cases that the characters work, with story lines on the characters themselves in the backround.

where as Grey's is mostly about the characters, and I couldn't watch it even if I wanted to now. It'd be too hard to catch up on

the thing is, csi will always have a storyline. they draw a lot from real life and lets face it, reality is often stranger than fiction. but remember, many soap operas have been on for 30-50 years! :eek: :lol: if both shows keep doing what they do best, entertain the audience, then thats the best we can hope for. i know what ill always watch though ;)

Greys Anatomy is dumb CSI is so much better

Hey look at this way...

CSI was number one and never won an Emmy for Best Drama..maybe now that they are falling down in the ratings they may actually get one...since the voters seem to like shows that aren't at the top of the ratings..

I dont like how CSI is losing either. (obviously) But alteast CSI had 6 seasons being on top. And hey, they're still #2. I doubt in 6 years Grey's is still going to be on top. :D I don't even like to say that CSI is losing. It's not by that much... Is it?

Marg Helgenberger said in an interview that the writers and cast from CSI see competing with Grey's as a postive thing, because it's given everyone a challenge and a chance to go all out this season. I mean, maybe if CSI wasn't competing with Grey's we wouldn't be seeing the nothing-but-amazing episodes...know what I mean?

^ I agree. Thanks to Grey's, or season 7 probably wouldn't be as good as it is so far. I'm not saying CSI is back to what it was a few years ago, but at least the first few episodes of season 7 are so much better than the second half of season 6. :D

oh, no doubt the last few episodes have been fabulous. but i have a question for you, do you think if csi did more promotion it would make a difference in the outcome? i know i saw ads for greys all over toronto, and people in other cities have said the same. but csi does nothing. besides the teasers after each episode, theres nothing during the week even on tv to promote it. i see greys ads all the time. at least ctv here in canada has the splash ads.
especially with last weeks, it was so incredible, and im sure a lot of people missed it who might have switched to greys (or given up on csi, thats possible) had no idea how intense this episode was! its sad that this episode actually had a lot of hype around it, but only because of kfed. kind of sad that they promoted him being on the show, but gave no indication of how powerful the episode was going to be.

Around here they do plenty of promo for the show, there are some shows if you ever watch that promote and promote and when it airs it well stinks, then fans complain about it being over promoted. I would say by the sounds of it, Grey's is over promoted (not saying it stinks I don't watch it) lol. But I know our local news channel constantly mentions them course the are ABC.

Also on the subject of the two casts it was also mentioned that something about they don't see it as a competition so much because both casts are friends.

And really - going into a seventh season, how many shows are disappointed with second place?

I'm pretty frustrated by news that CSI is slipping while CSI Miami and CSI:NY are winning their time periods. Neither of these shows (I'm not knocking them; I love CSI:NY) have any real competition. CSI:Miami's most watched in the world, but here, their numbers aren't as good as CSI. Yet CSI is reported to be slipping.

I love CSI, and I'm very impressed with the stories this season. Last week was fantastic.

I just can't see why people prefer Grey's (no offense to Grey's fans) but it's just like every other evening soap.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back