Ratings: CSI vs ...

Discussion in 'CSI: Crime Scene Investigation' started by Waiting, Oct 12, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Txxgrrrl

Txxgrrrl Hit and Run

Re: CSI Ratings versus Grey's Anatomy

It will be interesting to see what tomorrow nights ratings end up looking like. I wonder how many people tune in to TV that isn't football on Thanksgiving? I guess Grey's viewers are helped by the fact that if they miss it tomorrow they can catch it on Friday. But I would imagine that both would be down in viewers.

Anyone know how Dog Eat Dog did last year? All I can remember is that wasn't really the most appealing of episodes after a day of eating.

2. sarahvma

sarahvma Captain

For anyone interested, since someone asked if the finale ratings for the show showed that it had been a more gradual decline that simply losing 30%. So from the finale (25.401) to the premiere (22.58) the percentage lost was: 11.1%

The difference in percentage from the finale of Season 6 to the last episode we had is: 5% loss.

Still Life was the highest-rated episode of last year with somewhere around 31 million viewers (ballparking because I'm not 100% sure if those are the fast nationals that I see)

OHkay:

Last year during Thanksgiving, CSI's Dog Eat Dog got 25.722 million viewers.

Still Life's real number was: 30.945 which came the week afterwards.

So... CSI went down 11.3% during Season 6 from the week before Thanksgiving to its Thanksgiving episode.

And then from its Thanksgiving episode to the next was an increase of: 16.9%. So I wouldn't get too disappointed if this episode rates low.

For the whole of Season 6, the average rating was: 27.351

3. Urban Legend

Urban Legend Captain

As I stated before, I don't like Gray's Anatomy! So to me there is no replacement for CSI! I can't get over Patrick Dempsey's horrible Lifetime Movies!

4. sarahvma

sarahvma Captain

Here's my ratings prediction for tonight: Considering that Deal or No Deal is airing a special two-part episode (and the smart editors will likely put one contestant over the bridge in hours to keep people watching) AND Dog Eat Dog went down 11.3% compared to the week before because it was Thanksgiving, I predict we'll have numbers somewhere around:
    20.3 million

If it drops by the identical percentage (and do remember that last year the only thing competing was Thanksgiving itself, not also two hot shows), the exact number would be: 21.39

I'm figuring we'll lose more than that.

But enough waffling. I'll put my final final wager (and if I lose I will not claim the other to have been right - lol) at 20.3 million viewers

Anyone else want to lay bets?

5. CSILauren

CSILauren Hit and Run

well when it comes to our house there is no argument over what we watch when CSI is on and if we don't want to watch it we can go someplace else

6. Adzix

Adzix CSI Level Three

i am! i believe it will be higher than that.

7. sarahvma

sarahvma Captain

lmao. Specify! Real numbers!

Hey - for fun, do you think that if we get a real betting pool going here, you could make up a bet for the winner?

I dunno - I like the idea of making this thread a bit more positive than its been - sort of making a game out of it, rather than just me discussing my percentages, which I imagine bore everyone (I do love statistics, y'all, but I know my love is not shared by everyone).

So... yeah!

8. Adzix

Adzix CSI Level Three

well, i can make banners for the winners! lol. "The Winner of CSI Ratings Betting Game on Talk.CSIfiles.com". rofl

we can actually sort of do it, ya know. so i'm saying it's gonna be 21.5 mln today.

9. sarahvma

sarahvma Captain

YAY! (loves statistics when applied to games - is total dork)

Okay, so:

Adzix: 21.5
    Sarahvma: 20.3

I'll ramble a bit about my choice and people can choose to add this to their votes if they want.

Like I said, Thanksgiving for a lot of families is TV-free unless it's a major sporting event. And the last thing people want to do when they have a belly full of food is watch gore. So the ratings will naturally go down, but I think the Deal or No Deal special two-parter is likely to drive them down further, which is why I'm suggesting that it'll be their lowest rating of the season.

I have a feeling Grey's is going to drop as well, despite last week apparently being quite good, because hospital can = blood as well, and this week's looks particularly gorey. So I don't foresee Grey's being one of the reasons for the big drop.

Ironically, Grey's advertised itself this week as being big and dramatic and deadly, yet at the beginning of the season it was supposed to be where you went to feel better on Thursdays. Conversely, CSI has a rock legend and a kind of cute Whodunnit preview, something much more of a fluffy entertainment vibe.

10. butterflied814

butterflied814 Victim

Well I've never been one to shy away from a bet :)
    I'm gonna guess 21.9
    I'm optimistic.
    I mean, after all, I think tons of true rock fans will tune in JUST to see Roger Daltrey, so that will boost whatever viewers we'd lose to triptophan(sp?)-induced comas. :)

11. IloveBilly

IloveBilly Police Officer

hm let's say 21.3

12. sarahvma

sarahvma Captain

Quick tally so no one gets lost. Here's where we currently are:
    butterflied814: 21.9
    Adzix: 21.5
    IloveBilly: 21.3
    Sarahvma: 20.3

Little reminder: This isn't a 'competition' - it's just for fun. Like an office pool or something. No one is going to "lord" it over anyone else, and really - if the ratings are high, we're all winners anyway. I just figured that it would add something new to the thread rather than just making it a kind of outpost for news and discussion thereof.

Destiny - if you feel, for whatever reason, that this is inappropriate, obviously I'll remove it.

13. Destiny

Destiny Still Sanity Challenged! Premium Member

As long as it doesn't get out of control or disrupt the discussional topic then I have no problem with it. If it turns toward a competition, ect. Then I will personally step in and let all those involved in that sort of activity have it. :D Until then happy discussion.

14. Adzix

Adzix CSI Level Three

okay, we've got 4 people, but we need more ;) the thing is, who's gonna guess it right, receives a banner! so people, participate!

15. sarahvma

sarahvma Captain

Understood, Destiny - and thank you.

Sorry - I probably should've asked this earlier, but I figure now's as good a time as any.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.