"Pool Shark" Discussion **SPOILERS**

Discussion in 'CSI: Crime Scene Investigation' started by DJRideout, Sep 26, 2010.

1. Desertwind

Desertwind Head of the Day Shift

OK, whatever, I hope we see more and more of him and get to meet his wife soon. If Nick gets a female friend and Ray's wife comes into this season [ which she will] maybe they can double date. He's so incredible and so fascinating. So glad he's on the show. I want to see the "Blood Moon" one with the vampires and freaky-spooky people:vulcan:

2. Washington Pride

Washington Pride Rookie

You know that is kind of mean to hope someone will fall into a well in Narnia. :(

I know you don't like Raymond but please lighten up on him. The board is getting really negative with all the anti-Raymond posts. If he tickes you off so much then stop watching CSI.

3. Raynn

Raynn Coroner

What's wrong with Narnia? It's a cool place. :)

My first reaction reading the initial post was "yeah, he'll probably find a crime to solve there too.." :D

4. Smokey

Smokey Nickaholic Moderator

Okay, first of all, we don't tell people not to watch the show if they don't like something about it.

Secondly, everyone...let's remember that we all have our favorite characters...Ray, Sara, Nick, Greg, Cath, Hodges, etc. When you dis a character, you are essentially being disrespectful to the posters who like the character. It's fair to discuss something you may not like about a character, but let's please do it in a fair and objective manner, keeping in mind that other people may like the character.

Let's please remember too that these are fictional characters who do what the writers make them do. They aren't real. It's not worth arguing over or getting so upset over when a character does or says something that you don't like.

Back to business now. :)

5. Desertwind

Desertwind Head of the Day Shift

On Ray solving all the "crimes " that's not true at all. This week it was Cath who had the upper hand, & was the one who solved the case. he was in the background. And, they all work as a team. Actually it was Doc, telling Ray what to do. He is smart as they are, and works and meshes with them, and doesn't solve all the cases, they all do equally:confused:It's just that if a fan doesn't like a cast member, it's better to say nothing than make derogatory comments, it doesn't score points with the writers, the cast nor the fans, & especially him.. it's disrespectful and not cool~

Last edited: Oct 2, 2010
  6. Washington Pride

Washington Pride Rookie

Sorry Smokey, It is just something that ticks me off. People attack him left and right, and it makes me sad.

7. Smokey

Smokey Nickaholic Moderator

Which is why I asked that people not do that. :)

8. Washington Pride

Washington Pride Rookie

Thanks Smokey :)

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 2, 2010
  9. myfuturecsi

myfuturecsi Corpse

Ray falls into a closet and winds up in Narnia. Nick goes to look for him and falls in too.

Wow!! That would make a great fan fic!:thumbsup: *runs off:lol:

10. K-Bug

K-Bug Lab Technician

.....why is Cath second to last? :shifty:

:lol: I'm just kidding. ;) But seriously, thank you. Sometimes I'm kinda leery about coming here cause I feel like all some people do are complain about certain characters and constantly bash them. I'm not a huge Ray fan but good grief give Fish a break. He's doing the best he can in a rough situation of having replaced Billy. He's only following what the writers/directors/TPTB tell him to do.

Anywhooooos.

I'm surprised DLA actually was able to write Catherine Willows. She always kinda seems to be in the background of all his episodes, so I was pleasantly surprised by what he did. It was a great episode that really touched on old school Vegas. They've established that Cath is always calm, collected, and controlled, and I liked that DLA didn't have her flip out on Boozell even when he kept repeatedly mentioning Sam to get under her skin. Even in the scene when Maclin and Boozell were yelling in the conference room, all she had to do was say "Gentlemen!" Very nice.

<3 that woman.

11. sharp52092

sharp52092 Star Wars and CSI Fan Moderator

Adding some more of my thoughts of last night's ep :)

Seeing a shark was certainly different, it was like seeing a bear and a gorilla in previous episodes, didn't know they (sharks) were endangered but then again a lot of animals are

It was somewhat a Cath centered ep, but Ray had the same amount of screentime, I wish they could of given Greg and even Sara a little bit of Ray's screentime, but the news of the future Gregisode this week helps make up for little Greg time

As several people said before the 'Sam's little girl' got annoying after 2 or 3 times, I wouldn't mind seeing Elliot Gould again as long as he calls Catherine by her name

Glad to hear about Nick seeing a shrink, I wish we had heard about that after GD but I've always assumed he saw one between season 5 and 6

Not excited about next week, I get tired of all the vampire/werewolf stuff, I can't escape it or Bieber anymore, I think I'm only looking forward to Vartllows, the preview for Sqweegel, and hopefully more of Greg, I hope I hope :angel:

12. preatorian

preatorian Dead on Arrival

What a big difference in quality coming from a great season premier and this second episode. It asked a lot of us to believe that an 8 foot shark would go unnoticed and swim in a swallow pool full of people. Do they really think the audience is that dumb? I know its television, but sometimes I have to shake my head. Why the second episode? Oh well.

Other than the Shark attack in the middle of a desert city in a hotel swimming pool, it was an okay episode. Okay, I can’t let it go. Who came up with the idea? I guess it sounded like a good plot during Shark Week on the Discovery Channel. Or did they find a rubber shark on the studio lot and had to do something with it? Was it the same rubber shark used on Happy Days? There is a difference between having fun and being silly. I hope this is not an example of things to come. --- End of Rant.

All better now ;)

13. byline

byline CSI Level One

I didn't feel they ever answered the question of when the shark was placed in the pool. If it was placed into an empty pool, then of course people would have noticed it. If it was placed in the pool after the pool became crowded (and it looked to me like the spot where it would have gone in was secluded and out of the line of sight of anyone actually in the pool), then I can see people not noticing it because the pool was crowded with a lot of people who appeared intent on partying hard. They wouldn't have been looking down; they would've been looking up, trying to hook up with someone. So, while it doesn't seem overwhelmingly plausible, it's also not beyond the realm of possibility, either.

14. Wojo

Wojo Corpse

Sorry but IMO that is a weak excuse, if it was Cath-centric why were Nick and Sara so prominent in the episode? Is it too much to ask to give equal time to Nick, Sara, AND GREG?

Lack of Greg makes kitty sad...

[​IMG]

15. PraetorCorvinus

PraetorCorvinus Moderator Moderator

I can't believe I'm taking an opposite stance on this...

I would love more Greg-time, but I also realize that as a show with a rather large ensemble, there are going to be certain episodes that will focus on certain characters. This one was clearly a Catherine episode with a subplot that focused on Hodges. Plus with everything else going on, I figured there wouldn't be much Greg. It wasn't really a Greg-like case anyhow.

It's only the second episode too. And if the writers are indeed hearing what we Greg fans are saying, as DLA's tweet suggests, than its possible that they will do something about it. All I'm saying is let's not get up-in-arms just yet.