Petersen, Fox, Dourdan Leave, Larry Fishburne In *No Spoilers* Closed

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Petersen leaves CSI for good

Yeah, it sucks that he's leaving (I had a whole day to get over it), but it is a decision he's entitled to make. I think if he's ready, it's a good thing he leaves now, before he turns into one of those actors that hate his jobs and it shows in his work.

i am very upset with william petersen on his decision to leave.
very upset.

I think your speaking for millions of fans, this does suck, and the thing is [and I'm not over it] is back in April he signed on for S/9 with all the perks including a hugh $$$$, why is he bailing mid-season? what a rollar coaster ride this has been for the past few month Jorja leaves, then she's coming back, Gary is leaving and now him:(

http://www.csifiles.com/news/010408_01.shtml

cbscareswp.jpg

Last edited:

"is back in April he signed on for S/9 with all the perks including a hugh $$$$, why is he bailing mid-season?"

Des - whatever contract he signed then, is the contract he's on now. They knew then what the deal was.

I found it really odd that he was doing the play at Steppenwolf in Nov / Dec and then the one at Victory Gardens in July / Aug - AND then signing up for a new season of CSI. I was stunned at the time he signed that contract. But now it makes perfect sense - he signed for half the season. Maybe they didn't want to make that public at the time due to the fact they where already dealing with Dourdan getting ousted, and all the fall out from that was enough for a couple months!

Anyway, respect to Billy for breakin' loose, the man deserves to do what he wants to do, no hard feelings, he's paid his dues.

Well for my two cents, yes it will be hard not to see Grissom full time, but if thats what he wants then cool... Will thousands of viewers stop watchng- I doubt it.... IF they all do- then Billy would be paid better than an A star actor.

Don't get me wrong, I love Grissom, I really do...

I'll stick by the show no matter what.

So in all this I hope that Greg gets more interesting cases and a promotion.

Yes CSI will still be the old show we know and love, the format will be the same, but fresh new faces- now that can't help can it?

i am very upset with william petersen on his decision to leave.
very upset.
Yeah me too.
I have found it odd that this news has been "getting to me" all day! Christ it is only a TV show but I am with desertwind and others in that I am just in love with Grissom's character (and his looks! I'll admit it but without his nature that wouldn't effect me to be honest in the same way).
Now I know he is leaving us it is a sense of real mourning! How daft is that! But good drama/story engages you like a good book and it is what marks them out above the rest.

I agree with someone awhile back who said "CSI is Grissom".

What they will create post Grissom will hopefully be a great show - but it will be a new show.

I have to say too I am so glad they are NOT ending CSI there! They *will* reinvent the show and the same talent is there that created it in the first place. Mind you I have a slight reservation over their judgment as wasn't it the same people who were behind setting up CSI:Miami and NY - neither show the same class or show that they actually had recognised the key ingredients when they made them that Vegas has. Maybe that is WP influence as he understands theatre and is not just into the bucks... but then I admit it I am biased there. My golden boy can do no wrong - except leave! BOOOOOO HOOO

Who Will Fill Grissoms Position???

I heard on ET that Kurt Russell and Laurence Fishburne were possibilities. I'm not that into either. Who do you think they should bring in to replace Grissom? Not Jimmy Smits. I know he is the relief pitcher for every show, but let's keep him outta the Vegas crime lab, yeah?

I have to say it's pretty amazing that the cast stayed together this long. Can you name any other show as successful as CSI that kept its original cast for 8 years? Clooney left after 3 or 4. Rob Lowe left West Wing early. Law and Order switches casts daily. We're lucky we had Grissom this long, I think. It sucks he's leaving but it's good to bring in new blood and keep the show fresh, you know? To bad they killed Liev. He'd be a cool replacement.

Re: Who Should Replace Grissom???

i say bring in the legend that is keifer sutherland or how about hartio takes the post

I would like to see someone older and playing a more experienced leader in the role. Some possibilities are Leonard Nimoy, Dick Van Dyke, James Earl Jones, Kate Mulgrew, or Alan Alda. If Dick Van Dyke takes it, they could bring in Barry Van Dyke as a detective, similar to their roles on Diagnosis Murder.

Being a big Trekkie, some other possibilities are Jonathan Frakes, Michael Dorn, Avery Brooks, Scott Bakula, and Diana Muldaur.

I am very sad that William is leaving the show. He made the show and he had a good run on the show. I did read elsewhere that he is doing another theater show besides A Dublin Carol in Chicago so.......I am upset that he is leaving but wish him the best of luck. We never know, he could come back inS/10...but as for now hopefully we will get some ends tied up between him and Sara:)

I'd go for Alan Alda... haha. I would also like to see John Schneider, too.

I agree, though. No one can truly replace Grissom, but I think they would make great additions to the show. :)

I'd go for Kurt Russell. I've also heard John Malkovich mentioned, but I really think he looks too much like Ecklie. As for those who have said 'no replacement', I disagree. The show needs to have a strong male presence, and now they're losing two of their main guys - Grissom & Warrick - plus, there's a new female CSI coming in already. As much as I like them, Nick and Greg can't give the show that strong male presence that it needs. Keppler fit the bill very nicely in his short stint. They need that type of someone to come in to a full-time role.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back