Opinion On CSI Becoming More Character Focused

Discussion in 'CSI: Crime Scene Investigation' started by Muzzy_Olorea, Jun 29, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Guest

Guest Guest

I'd like to see more shows like Tarantino's take in Grave Danger. That show brought together many of the personal attributes of the characters (Grissom's interest in bugs and the advantage of his hearing loss when he read Nick's lips, Nick's affinity for chewing gum, etc.). Plus some of my favourite episodes are when they talk about their interests (i.e. Grissom's neverending supply of poetic quotes, Greg's grandparents, etc.)

I don't want them to pull a Miami and delve too much into relationships, because I'll learn interest very quickly. I think one of the keys to success of this show is the avoidance of personal drama of the characters.

2. zupa_fly

zupa_fly Prime Suspect

I think the Tarantino formula worked - the show was about a case and followed the science/evidence, but it also had glimpses of everyone's personality. It was a great combination. I would be satisfied with more of this next season.

In the voting, however, I chose for more personal development. I don't want the show to turn into Miami (which, by the way, has a larger international audience than LV), but I would like to see human beings working the cases - not robots.

3. Shelby

Shelby Dead on Arrival

I think it's a good idea for CSI to show a bit more into the lives of their characters. They've been doing it subtly for about six years, but we still don't know that much about the people we loyally watch every week. I'm sure CSI could pull it off, I won't stop watching. I think it's necessary to do this though, because they will be competing with another highly rated show, Grey's Anatomy, and that show is all about the characters.

I'm sure that CSI will be able to keep up the cases and the personal lives, for they have done it before. Either way, I cannot wait for next season to begin!!

4. Destiny

Destiny Still Sanity Challenged! Premium Member

There is a thread for the UK Episodes its better that all spoilers be posted in there with the spoiler code. ;)

5. CSImaniac22

CSImaniac22 Witness

I don't think it is a terrible idea but I don't want them to completely forget about the cases. They still have to be good. Other then that it would be nice to know more about everyone!

6. ariela57

ariela57 Lab Technician

Like everything in life--balance. One of the things I love about CSI is that it delves into the science and the cases and quite simply makes you think. On the other hand, without Grave Dnger which was the MOST PERSONAL episode I can think of, I would have never fallen in love with the show and a certain Nick Stokes. So the CSIs(not the lab techs mind you, the six central characters) should be in the forefront, but not at the expense of the cases. A good balance of the two would be ideal. :)

7. Laetri

Laetri CSI Level One

omg my sister is crying because my brother accidentally overwrote her pokemon game. What a loser. She is 12 she hardly ever played the game (she had last turned it on in '05) and she is CRYING. Grow up kid.

[​IMG] sorry but this happened to be where I was about to post when I over heard the whole thing. I cannot believe we are related sometimes. anyways Yes I would love to see character development (and relationship development, teeheehee), expecially with Brass and Ellie and Catherine and Lindsey and Sara and Laura.

8. stokeluver

stokeluver CSI Level One

laetri, i know what you mean.. i live with 6 brothers and sisters who are EXACTLY like your sister! thats hard!

ANYHOW... duh! more about the personal lives of the characters all the way! I mean, Nick has 6 other siblings... well, thats what i read, and i want to know more about them. As well, WHAT sara and gill did, and how they feel about it. And more about Werricks love life, it kind of left us hanging when he caught Tina in the casieno planing a birthday party... do you think she was lying? i dont, but who knows! (thats only a part of the reason why i DO want more personality stuff going on here)

9. Missing

Missing Pathologist

I am all for personal storylines as long as they don't become the whole show--like Abby on ER.

10. Wojo

Wojo Corpse

CSI is about investigating crime, as long as they don't stray too far from that I don't mind. I'd like to know more about Greg - I don't wantt o know anything more about Catherine. Happy medium - could work as long as they don't go overboard.

11. sandersidle

sandersidle Captain

yeah i agree Wojo i really want to know more about greggo.

12. SidLer

SidLer Coroner

I'm a stickler for character development. I was miffed when they swept Nick's GD ordeal under the rug, I'm still waiting for them to explain what exactly happened to Hodges in LA, I want to know if there's still going to be a Mrs. Warrick Brown in the future (and why the heck they got married in the first place), and I'll scream if they pretend that GSR thing didn't happen. So yes, I think it's a good thing. But I also want the science. Call me greedy. :p

13. Guest

Guest Guest

I love the cast of CSI. Therefore, I want the writers to be true to the team as I perceive them. The main person who we know too little about is Grissom -- many people's favorite character, but the show's most mysterious person.

14. GGgirl1

GGgirl1 Pathologist

I think CSI is like life: you go to work, and then you go home (or elsewhere). These parts of your life are separate, unless you have a relationship with someone you work with. It can be friendship, where these two parts mix well (as we've seen before with Grissom and Cath), but if it is a love relationship, then it can be DISASTROUS! Yes, it is fun to work with someone you love, but what happens when the conflicts you have at work continue at home or vice versa? What happens when it ends? Unless you manage to stay friends(which I don't believe happens very frequently), one or the other has better leave, or your life is MISERABLE! And we already have Ecklie doing his best to make life miserable for everyone!

15. SunsetBoulevard

SunsetBoulevard moderator.exe Moderator

It'a a bad thing because we haven't had a good case since season 3. TPTB better if concentrate on the cases. I want only a bit personal part - less than the recent, I mean the ship :rolleyes: IMO most people watch CSI because of its kind - a crime serie - and the personal part has to be the second important thing.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.