Opinion On CSI Becoming More Character Focused

Discussion in 'CSI: Crime Scene Investigation' started by Muzzy_Olorea, Jun 29, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Muzzy_Olorea

Muzzy_Olorea Lab Technician

I'm just interested to see your views on this ....

2. Adzix

Adzix CSI Level Three

a good thing, duuh! i always wanted to see more hints on their private lives. i can't wait to learn more about the characters, it's going to make me even more addicted, if it's possible :lol:

3. lil_Em

lil_Em Victim

I totally agree with you, having personal storylines makes a ongoing storyline in the show which makes them all even more unmissable ( hope that is word)

4. Jasmine

Jasmine Lab Technician

GOOD THING this is not FORENSIC Files or The New Detectives is a Tv. show with actors and characters and I really like more character focused and personal lives in the show.

5. lil_Em

lil_Em Victim

I totally agree I think that adding more personal storyline makes a great on going story line, which makes the show even more unmissable

6. Guest

Guest Guest

Its a Good Thing and As Long As The Cases Are Good but im only watching CSI:LV for the YO BLING scenes.

7. Adzix

Adzix CSI Level Three

Jasmine you just took the words out of my mouth. PRECISELY! that's the thing!

8. lea

lea Police Officer

I really enjoy looking into the characters lives.. however, I still want it to be more science based than anything, but I do love seeing about the characters, and why they are like they are and things.

9. iluvroadrunner

iluvroadrunner Pathologist

as long as it doesn't take away from the cases, i really don't mind having more of a character focus. i actually really like delving into the character area of the show. so it'd probably be more interesting for me

10. Muzzy_Olorea

Muzzy_Olorea Lab Technician

I'm torn. By definition, the show has always been less character focussed than other dramas out there. Delving into the character relationships, not everyone's going to be plesaed with the results. So therefore, to make everyone happy I don't think they should change the recipe if it's working.

The more character focus has made CSI:NY an even more brilliant show but I think it would work if the writers focussed more on the characters in that show and with CSI just carry on the way it's been going.

NCIS, a similar sort of drama has a lot of focus on the characters and their interaction with each other and the subsequent humorous moments resulting from this and I love it. It's brilliant. But it started out with that intention. The idea of CSI was to focus on the science and I think they're treading on dangerous ground if they suddenly plunge into the characters' relationships.

11. assumenothing

assumenothing Rookie

I wasn't sure if it was good or bad, so I just put as long as the cases are good. As long as it's done right it will be a great change. And CSI just seems to get it right most of the time, so it is most likely a good thing. But I'm still keeping my fingers crossed.

12. toomuchovertime

toomuchovertime CSI Level Two

I'd say it's a good thing.

13. lil_Em

lil_Em Victim

i really dod love the personal touch on the show, i do like al of the science behind it, but i think the personal touches gives us someting to relate to. i am glad that you agree with me i can't talk about CSI to really anyone that i now it seems not many people watch it in England!

14. sandersidle

sandersidle Captain

i voted its a good thing. this is because i know the CSIs deal with dead people but it doesnt mean their personal life has to be dead to. they arent robots. im kinda of weary because i dont want the writters to make it too personal and make it soapy.

15. drummergurll

drummergurll Police Officer

it's a good thing....it'll make things more interesting...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.