Nick and Riley #1- I'm Going After Her...

What should a Nickname be for Nick and Riley's ship

• Total voters
Re: Nick and Riley #1

This thread is for discussion of Nick and Riley only. Please post fan fiction in the fan fiction section located here.

Uh-oh... we'll make sure to do that. Now where was I?

Oh yeah, think there'll be any scenes with Nick and Riley next episode? I didn't get to see the promo (due to The Amazing Race showing instead of CSI after the last episode)...

By the way, there's already a Riley and Nick fic-- hey, that rhymed!-- on fanfiction.net... it's a one-shot but at least it's a start. Feel free to check it out.

If they are gonna have scenes together, I hope there's snark. By the way, I was reading the review for Say Uncle and it said that Nick and Riley are forming an interesting dynamic... here's what it says.

She's developing an interesting dynamic with Nick, one that has elements of a fight for dominance in it. When Nick, Riley and a team that includes Hodges go out looking for the items Sun purchased at Dempsey's, Nick gives directions to the entire group and Riley chimes in right alongside him. While Riley and Greg took to each other right away, there's an unease between Nick and Riley, perhaps because in some ways she's replacing Warrick. We've gotten so little reaction from Nick to Warrick's death since the season premiere that it wouldn't be surprising to learn that he carries some resentment towards Riley for taking his fallen friend's place in the lab.
I never really thought of it that way, but it looks like they may be onto something. It seems more realistic that way, but I hope it won't last for too long. They do have the potential to be good friends...

Sometimes the best relationships come from the hardest of times. The only thing she has to do is make sure she proves to Nick (and to anyone else harboring hateful feelings towards her) that she's not here as a replacement, she's not here to erase the memories of his friend, she's not here to speak ill of the dead, she's here to work. To be a CSI. Riley just has to make sure she doesn't step on Nick's toes, and Nick has to slowly accept the fact that Riley didn't kill Warrick. If they do this right, Nick and her could become surprise best friends, if not more.

I wouldn't mind seeing them go at it a bit as long as they become friends after wards. By the way, what do you think of part 9?

CSI_ADAM, you have been reminded of the rules not once but TWICE. Fanfiction is NOT to be posted in the shipper threads. That is what the Fan Fiction forum is for. Also, the Fan Fiction forum is where you discuss your fanfic. This thread is to discuss your ship (at least three lines) which does NOT include fanfic.

If you continue to ignore the rules and post your fanfic in this thread AND continue to talk about your fanfic, this thread WILL be closed for 24 hours.

Riley just has to make sure she doesn't step on Nick's toes, and Nick has to slowly accept the fact that Riley didn't kill Warrick. If they do this right, Nick and her could become surprise best friends, if not more.
I'm curious to see how TPTB will approach this... obviously it's gonna take time, but it doesn't hurt to have some banter along the way. Let's hope *crosses fingers* that TPTB don't ignore this 'cause this obviously will be somewhat of an issue in the workplace, especially if they're gonna be working together often.

Anyways, do you think there'll be any scenes in the next episode? I didn't see the promo, so I'm not sure...

By the way, what do you think of part 9?
I just read it and I like that Nick told Riley about his kidnapping... if they are going to move past any animosity between them, then that's a good start. Though I don't think that Riley would look so openly angry at him at the beginning of Part 9... she would probably give him an impatient look and make a teasing snarky comment.

Oh by the way, are we ever going to give the thread a title? I think we came up with I'm Going After Her...

Oh by the way, are we ever going to give the thread a title? I think we came up with I'm Going After Her...

Looking back it does look like "I'm going after her..." did win. I'll go ahead and change the thread title.

Sorry. Any more fic comments please go to

Nick's Inner struggle (Nick/Riley fic)

Uh, Adam, you might want to add a few more lines that have to do with the ship...

Oh, by the way, are we coming up with a ship name or are we just going to leave it as Nick/Riley? The forums at TV.com might already be choosing one... I'm gonna go and check it out. I'm okay with just shortening it to N/R, but if we come up with a ship name, it better not be Niley... that's being used in another ship.

I see what you mean. GSR and Snickers are good examples of other ships. We need a name like that. I'm trying to think but it's hard

I did a poll on my FF account over the last few months about ship names for Riley (it included Nick and Greg, since Warrick's dead and, as an adamant Yo!Bling shipper, I couldn't include Cath). I didn't get that many results, but I thought these might be helpful in picking out names. I'm including the Greg results too, just so that the numbers don't seem off:

Greg + Riley = Gregley --> 6 votes (25%)
Nick + Riley = Narley --> 5 votes (20%)
Nick + Riley = Nickley --> 4 votes (16%)
GReg + Riley = GrR = Grr --> 4 votes (16%)
Greg+Riley+Adams+SanderS = Grass --> 4 votes (16%)
GRegRileyRomance = GrRr = Grrr --> 1 vote (4%)
Riley + Greg = Reg --> 0
Nick + Riley = Nile --> 0

The other names I've been thinking about for this ship are:

- Ney = Nick+Riley; I'm not sure how it'd be pronounced, since the 'ey' in Riley's name is a hard 'e,' but it seems like it would be 'nay,' like the sound a horse makes, which kind of works since Nick grew up on a ranch...

-It's kinda disturbing, but 'Rick' jumped out at me. It was Warrick's death that would, hypothetically, bring them together if Riley was in fact his replacement rather than Sara's.

-'Stoke'Ms'

-RANS = RileyAdamsNickStokes

-RNR (play on R&R) = RileyNickRomance

Personally, I'm not a N/R shipper, but I'm partial to 'Narley,' 'RnR,' and 'Rick' as ship names, though Rick does still seem a little weird, and could definitely lead to some confusion.

CSI_ADAM, you MUST have at least THREE lines of ON TOPIC posting in Shipper Central. You have been told this several times. Your posts are NOT on topic at all and usually just one line. PLEASE, get on topic and make sure your posts contain at least THREE lines of actual DISCUSSION. Anything else is considered spamming.

Also, posts in Shipper Central cannot be made up of nothing except discussions of a ship name. If you want to discuss ship names you MUST include at least three lines of on topic discussion in addition to the ship name talk.

SPAM

Due to the noticeable increase in SPAM in Shipper Central, it has become necessary to make the policy on spamming clearer and, to a certain degree, stricter.

~ Posts within Shipper Central must now contain a MINIMUM of 3 lines of Good posting.

~ Good posting is ON TOPIC, Discursive, and NOT CHATTY.

~ Good posting is NOT: complementing someone on their artwork, fanfiction, avatar/banner, discussing thread names, conversations about real life, countdowns to new episodes, etc.

~ Remarks regarding artwork, fanfiction, discussing thread names, countdowns to new episodes, and
BRIEF allusions to real life MAY be included in posts but ONLY in ADDITION to the 3 line MINIMUM of good posting.

~ TalkCSI is a DISCUSSION BOARD, not a CHAT ROOM. If you wish to chat about real life, post in "real time", or even post chattier messages regarding your ship, please do so OFF the board using a medium such as MSN, AIM, YAHOO, or a chat room, or make use of the PM system here.

~ Mass posting (ie: A thread posting huge amounts in a short period of time) - Please DO NOT do this. It is unfair for your fellow posters to come back online to a huge number of posts - It may discourage them from either reading through the thread or contributing to the discussion themselves (we have this first hand from the many posters who have pm'd mods with complaints of feeling shut out of their own thread due to the high volume of posting.)

~ Let's try to keep the threads on topic. Discussion should center around the ship to which each
thread is dedicated. General discussions regarding the series, episodes, and spoilers which do not
directly involve your ship should take place over in the discussion forums for each series.

The Shipper Central rules can be found here. Please take the time to read them over in their entirety. Please pay careful attention to this section:

Thanks.

Nick + Riley = Nickley --> 4 votes (16%)

That actually sounds really cute... it rolls off the tongue easily and it simple. Not one of those grandiose ship names that sound ridiculous and you're not too sure where it originated from.

- Ney = Nick+Riley; I'm not sure how it'd be pronounced, since the 'ey' in Riley's name is a hard 'e,' but it seems like it would be 'nay,' like the sound a horse makes, which kind of works since Nick grew up on a ranch...

Hmm, I like the thought behind that... it's certainly a tie back to Nick's Texan roots. But when I hear 'ney', it makes me think of 'nay' as in 'no' so it's kind of contradicting... so I'm not too sure about that one.

-It's kinda disturbing, but 'Rick' jumped out at me. It was Warrick's death that would, hypothetically, bring them together if Riley was in fact his replacement rather than Sara's.

That name came up when I was thinking of ship names... I think it would be an homage to Warrick, but people might end up thinking that Riley was replacing him. It might cause confusion like you said.

-RNR (play on R&R) = RileyNickRomance

That one's my favourite so far... god knows that Nick needs a little R&R after what he's been through. They're all great suggestions so it might take us a while to come up with something. Think we should set up a poll?

Back