Nick and Riley #1- I'm Going After Her...

Discussion in 'Shipper Central' started by CSI ADAM, Nov 5, 2008.

?

What should a Nickname be for Nick and Riley's ship

1. Nickley (NICK + riLEY

47.6%
  2. Ney

9.5%
  3. Rick (Riley + nICK)

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. RNR (Riley Nick Romance)

47.6%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. CSI ADAM

CSI ADAM Hit and Run

Re: Nick and Riley #1

I haven't seen nick in the promo for next weeks episode. I saw Riley with greg again which annoys me because Nick is the one who needs a girlfriend. I really think they are showing Grissom too much. It must be because he is leaving. Grissom was never my favorite character and I really don't care if he is gone. Hopefully when he is gone Nick will be the man of the team and get more scenes and storylines. Im still so disapointed we didn't see any further emotion from him after Warricks death.

2. CSI ADAM

CSI ADAM Hit and Run

Nick and Riley #1 "I'm Going After Her"

This is a first fic for me so go easy.

Part 1

Riley Adams had only been a the Las Vegas Crime lab for a few weeks but already she had seen and done a lot. She had met all the CSI's and got along well with most of them. It was a warm Vegas night and she was driving to the house a murder was reported. She arrived in a few miniutes and exited the vehicle. The police had already put the crime tape up and she noticed Jim Brass standing outside the house.

"Hey Jim", said Riley, "What do we have?"

"One dead male on the floor in the kitchen", said Jim. "He lived with his wife, she called it in when she cam home and found him dead." "David's waiting for you inside."

"Thanks", said Riley

She walked inside and saw david standing in the kitchen. She knew she had to photograph the body before he could do anything. She took the photos and let him look at the victim when she looked around for other evidnece.

"The COD was a gunshot would to the head", said David. "By the way Riley, where's Nick?"

"I'm not sure", said Riley. "I guess he's running late"

"Nick's never late", said David. "Somethings up."

to be contined........

3. karu_mila

karu_mila CSI Level Two

Re: Nick and Riley #1 "I'm Going After Her"

I was rooting for a scene, but no such luck... I think that TPTB leave the best scenes off camera. I'm more than sure that Riley would confront Nick about what happened and it would have been great for her to hear some anecdotes from him. Maybe we'll have better luck in the future.

Well we don't have much to worry about... I found this in an interview after she had filmed her first few episodes, but before they had aired:

And this is a fairly recent one:

By the way Adam, I like what you've got so far... can't wait to read what's next.

4. CSI ADAM

CSI ADAM Hit and Run

Part 2

Nick was sitting in the diner having a cup of coffee. His best friend Warrick had just left. He was waiting for the waitress to come back so he could chat with her. It was a calm evening and all the team had just ate a nice breakfast together. Suddenly the picture started to change. He saw a car in the alley outside and Mckeen looking in the window. He saw the gun in his hand and wanted to warn his friend. He ran towards the car but the shots had already fired. Two of them right through his friends neck. As he got to the car Mckeen turned around and shot him in the head and it all went black................................

The phone rang loudly. It was just on the night stand but it felt so far away. Nick struggled to reach it. Nick picked it up and answered it.

"Hello?"

"Nick, where are you?" said Riley on the other end.

"What?" asked Nick. "What's up?"

"We have a crime scene", said Riley. "You didn't even know?", "Grissom called you 5 times!"

"I'm so sorry", said Nick. "I'll be there as soon as I can."

Nick rubbed his eyes and got changed into clean clothes. He couldn't get the dream out of his head. He had had it for a week straight and he kept getting worse. He left his house and headed to the crime scene to do the job his lost friend loved to do. Catch a killer.

5. karu_mila

karu_mila CSI Level Two

I like the fact that Riley was the only who got Nick to shake off his nightmare if only for a minute... can't wait for the next chapter. By the way, do you think we'll have a moment next episode? I'm not sure 'cause I didn't see the promo, but I'll settle for a one-liner or a hint of snarky banter.

6. CSI ADAM

CSI ADAM Hit and Run

Part 3

Nick arrived at the crime scene after a short drive west of the strip. He exited the vehicle, grabbed his kit, and walked inside. He saw Riley collecting finger finger prints off the counter in the kitchen.

"Sorry I'm late", said nick rubbing his eyes.

"David say's you're never late", replied Riley.

"I guess there's a first time for everything", said Nick. "So what do we have?"

"One dead male found on the floor in the kitchen, his wife found him when she got back from work", said Riley.

"Has the body already been taken away?"

"Yes", said Riley. "About 10 minutes ago."

"Alright", said Nick. "I'll look around the rest of the house."

Nick walked out of the kitchen and in to the living room. He looked around and saw stuff on the floor next to a coffee table. He assumed there was a struggle because of the stuff knocked over.

"I have a feeling the attack started here", said Nick. "There is all kinds of stuff on the ground here knocked over which probably means we had a struggle."

"So you figure the killer chased him into the kitchen?" asked Riley.

"Probably", said Nick. "He may of used one of the knives as a weapon but we won't know until the autopsy is finished."

Nick continued to look around and found many other clues. Footprints, fingerprints, blood, and fibers gave him confidence this killer was not too careful. He noticed brass finishing talking to the wife and he came back inside.

"The wife did not see anything", said Brass. "I'll talk to some neighbours in the morning, they won't help us now."

With that brass walked outside to speak with a few other officers. Nick searched upstairs and everywhere else around the house until he was sure he was finished. He met Riley outside in the back where she was taking moulds of prints in the grass. She looked finished and as she was packing up she dropped her kit. It was open and everything fell out.

"Damn", she said. "I'm such a clutch".

"No you're not", said Nick, as he helped her pick up the stuff. "I've done a lot worse."

The two of them laughed it off and put all the tools back in the kit.

"Thanks", said Riley smiling at him.

"No problem", said Nick as he smiled back.

Nick felt it was a bit of an awkward moment but he brushed it off. The two of them got in their separate vehicles and drove back to the lab.

Please give me some feedback. All comments are appreciated.

By the way, I do hope we see something in the next episode but it looks like Riley is working with Greg on a case and Grissom will probably take all the camera time again.

7. karu_mila

karu_mila CSI Level Two

Hmm, not bad... I like the part where Nick helped Riley with her kit. Though you might want to have Riley be a little snarky from time to time 'cause she's becoming known for saucy remarks... remember "why is it that I always find the smut"? But other than that, you've got everything else down pat. Can't wait to read what's next!

Hmm, about Riley working with Greg next episode, there could still be a moment... Greg might take the opportunity to ask her what she thinks about Nick. Who knows, Riley might even get to hear a few embarrassing stories about Nick. *crosses fingers*

8. CSI ADAM

CSI ADAM Hit and Run

Nick and Riley #1 "I'm Going after Her"

Part 4

Nick and Riley arrived back at the crime lab and headed inside. They brought the evidence to the lab and had Hodges, Mandy, and Wendy process most of it. Nick headed to the morgue while Riley started scanning the prints into the computer. Nick walked down the hallways and reached the morgue and went inside. Dr. Robbins appeared to be almost finished.

"Hey Doc", said Nick. "Got anything for me?"

"Yes", said Robbins, " The victims name is Michael Walker." "The cause of death was severe blood loss due to a punctured lung."

"Let me guess", said Nick, "the weapon was a kitchen knife."

"Good guess", said Robbins, "I assume you found it at the scene?"

"No actually", said Nick. "I just assumed it was because the victim was found in the kitchen and a couple cupboards were open."

"Did you check all the knives for blood?" asked Robbins.

"Riley did and she did not find one that had any trace of blood", said Nick. "I am guessing the killer took it with them."

"Maybe so", said Robbins. "By the way the Victim did not appear to have any health problems that I noticed so he was a pretty healthy man."

"Thanks Doc", said Nick as he left the morgue. He headed back down the hallway to the trace lab. As he was walking he noticed he started to get a big head ache. He had been getting them for weeks and just figured it was from lack of sleep. He entered the lab where Riley was scanning prints.

"Hey Riley", said Nick, got any hits?"

"Depends", said Riley, You get anything?"

"Yes", said Nick.

Riley stared at him and seemed as if she was waiting for the answer.

"What?" asked Nick jokingly." "Go on, ladies first."

"Oh aren't you kind", said Riley with a laugh. "Anyway I got a hit to a Kelsey Walker, the victims wife."

"She does live in the house", said Nick. "But why is she in the system?"

"Here's the interesting part", said Riley. "She was a suspect in the death of the Victims brother a few years ago."

"Really?" asked Nick. "What did they have on her?"

"Well her prints were on the brothers bed post suggesting she was cheating on her husband", said Riley. "But the court didn't find any other evidence on her." "They did however find male unknown DNA under his fingers suggesting there was a struggle."

"Interesting", said Nick. "I don't remember that case, who worked it?"

"No one here", said Riley. "According to the data base the brother Craig Walker lived in Miami and was murdered there." "MDPD worked the case and it says it was never solved."

"I'm confused", said Nick. "How does the wife's prints get on the bed post if the brother lived in Florida?"

"Apparently Michael and Kelsey moved to Vegas from Miami about a year ago."

"Well that explains it", said Nick. "I'll have brass bring the wife in." "Good work partner."

"Is that supposed to be words of encouragement? asked Riley."

"What do you mean?" asked Nick.

"Just don't babysit me because I'm the new girl", said Riley. "Anyway what did you get?"

"I got confirmation the COD was a stab wound to the lung with a regular kitchen knife", said Nick. "Only problem is the killer probably took the weapon."

"Ok", said Riley, I'll keep working on this."

"I'll go see brass", said Nick. "See you in a bit."

"Can't wait", said Riley with a smirk. Nick didn't know if she was being sarcastic or not but he left and headed for brasses office.

As Riley continued to scan prints and search the data base she couldn't help but think about Nick after he left. She always enjoyed joking around with him. It was just the way she was. However, even she didn't know why she was happier on a case working with him. She liked Catherine, Grissom, and Greg but for some reason Nick was her favourite to work with.

"Was what I said to flirtacious?" she asked herself. "Does he think I'm weird?"

She continued to ask herself these questions but realised she was loosing focus and got back to work.........................................

Please tell me what you think.

Things to look forward to in upcoming parts:

1. In some way this case will get personal for Nick.

2. Riley will learn something very inportant things about Nicks past.

3. A Few members from the Miami team will be involved later on.

9. CSI ADAM

CSI ADAM Hit and Run

Part 5

Nick learned from Brass that 2 neighbours saw a black Honda Civic parked outside the house at about 11:00pm, which was about an hour before Kelsey got home. They figured that was the killers car but nobody manged to get a plate. Nick waited a couple minutes before entering the room to ask Kelsey some questions. When he entered he saw her waiting patiently.

"Hey Mrs. Walker", said Nick. "I need to ask you some questions."

"Ok", said Mrs Walker

"What was your relationship with your husband?" asked Nick

"It was great, said Mrs. Walker, I can't imagine anyone who would do this."

"Really?" asked Nick. "According to records Miami-Dade PD found your fingerprints on your husbands brothers bed after he was killed." "We know you were cheating on him and you were the prime suspect in his death." "This isn't looking good for you."

"I admit i cheated that once", said Mrs. Walker. "But I never killed anyone I Swear." "Look at me Mr. Stokes, Im 5'2 and 105 pounds." "You think I could really do that?"

"I've seen children do it", said Nick. "So yes you are quite capable." "Now neighbours said they saw a black Honda Civic parked outside your house at 11:00." Do you know anyone with a car like that?"

"No", said Mrs. Walker. "I didn't get home until past midnight so I didn't see anything."

"Ok", said Nick, "I need you to stay here for now we may have other questions."

Nick left the room with Brass and asked him to put an APB out on any black Honda Civics. He agreed and got straight to it. Nick walked down the hallway and was going to get a cup of coffee when someone called his name.

"Hey Nicky", yelled Catherine.

Nick stopped and saw her at a computer in the video analysis room. He walked in and asked her what she wanted.

"I got something dor you", she said.

Catherine opened a video from a traffic cam.

"The victims house was on the corner by a traffic light so I checked the cam and there was a black honda Civic there at 11:00", said Catherine.

"For how long", asked Nick.

"About 10 minutes", said Catherine. "Hear take a look."

Nick watched the video and saw a man wearing all black walk up to he house and knock on the door. He saw that 10 minutes later the man ran out and got in his car and drove out of there as fast as he could.

"That's our guy without question". said Nick

"It gets better", said Catherine. "I got a plate and I ran it."

"What did you get", asked Nick

"The car is registered to an Antonio Fernandez", said Catherine. "It says he currently resides in Miami and has no previous record."

"This is starting to make sense now", said Nick. "Thanks Catherine."

Nick headed back to the room where Riley was working.

"Hey Riley I got some more info", said Nick. "We got a suspect named Antonio Fernandez." "His car was seen at the house at the time of the murder and he currently resides in Miami."

"Why would he come to Vegas?" asked Riley

"Don't know" asked Nick. "But I think we need some Help from the Miami CSI's on this one."

10. karu_mila

karu_mila CSI Level Two

I like where you're going with this so far... I especially like this bit of banter.

It's a good slow build up, and I think it works at this stage of the story. You might want to have Riley say something a little more witty and sarcastic... both her parents are shrinks after all. And I would like to see Nick raise his eyebrow at some point. He has a slight tendency to do that. Other than that, you're on the right track... can't wait for the next chapter.

By the way, have we decided what the thread title will be? We can't stay nameless for too long...

11. CSI ADAM

CSI ADAM Hit and Run

Part 6

Nick left the room and headed to go and get his laptop. He logged in to the Database and viewed Miami's page. He needed to contact someone who worked the Craig Walker case because he needed them to send him some evidence results. He clicked on the link that said contact and it opened up a place to write an email. He thought about it for a second and began to type.

To: (crimelab@miamipd.com)

To Who This May Concern.

My name is Nick Stokes and I am a CSI with the Las Vegas Police Department. It is my understanding that your lab worked the case of one Craig Walker a while ago. It turns out his brother, Michael Walker, was murdered here in Vegas a few hours ago. We have collected evidence and we have video survalence that shows a black Honda Civic outside of the house at the time of the murder. It is my understanding that the same vehicle was seen outside Craig Walkers house in Miami when he was killed. I need one of your CSI's to send me any Finger prints and DNA results collected from the scene so I can compare them with any we've collected. It's my hunch that the same person killed both brothers. Thanks for your time and I hope to hear from someone soon.

As Nick finished the Email and sent it, Riley had finished in the lab. She couldn't get any more matches with what she had. Greg walked in just as she was packing up.

"Hey what's up?" he said.

"Just finished the results", said Riley.

"Got anything?" asked Greg

"Ya, one suspect named Antonio Fernandez but he's no where to be found", said Riley.

"It's preety early for you to get a solo", said Greg. "It took me ages to work one." "Grissom must like you."

"I'm working with Nick you dork", said Riley jokingly.

"Oh", said Greg, "Sorry bout that."

Riley gave a slight smirk as she continued to gather up the results.

"I just thought you were because I didn't see anyone working with you", said Greg. "Nick making you do all the work?"

"Not at all", said Riley.

"Is he alright?" asked Greg

"Nick?" asked Riley. "What do you mean?"

"Well ever since our colleague Warrick's death, he hasn't been the same."

"Most people aren't after tradgedy's like that", said Riley.

"No it's different", said Greg. "The rest of us still seem to talk to each other fine but he seems to keep to himself."

Riley continued to listen with curiosity.

"When I talked to the shrink it really helped me", said Greg. "I've been able to work easier since."

"Both my parents were shrinks", said Riley, "and I don't do that stuff well." "Did Nick visit her?"

"No", said Greg. "There's no way he would of."

"How come?" asked Riley

"This really isn't my place to tell you this", said Greg. "You can't say a word."

"Than maybe you shouldn't tell me", said Riley sarcastically even though she was worried about Nick.

"Catherine told me that Nick was molested when he was 8 by his baby sitter."

"Oh my God", said Riley who felt really bad.

"We worked a case a few years ago when a therapist sexually assaulted and acciently killed a 11 year old boy", aid Greg. "It sent Nick over the edge and he lost it."

Riley really began to feel bad for Nick.

"I assume that's why he won't open up to therapists", said Greg

"You can't blame him", said Riley.

"I'm just worried about him", said Greg. "Anyway I got a robbery I gotta investigate." "See ya later."

Greg left and Riley stood up with her binder feeling empty. She couldn't believe what greg just told her. She wanted to do anything she could for Nick but didn't know what.

Please keep giving reviews

I have tried naming it now but it won't work for some reason.

12. CSI ADAM

CSI ADAM Hit and Run

Part 7

Riley walked down the hallways of the lab. She was looking for Nick and finally checked the break room last. There he was asleep in front of the laptop. She sighed and walked over. She put her hand on his shoulder and shook him lightly.

"Huh?" moaned Nick as he came to himself.

"You were sleeping", said Riley

"Ugh..sorry", said Nick as he started to wipe his eyes.

"Party too hard", said Riley sarcastically.

"I wish", said Nick

"What's going on with you?" asked Riley

"Just tired", said Nick who didn't like the question. He hadn't known Riley for more than a month yet and she thinks she knows him.

"Well anyway did you get anything?" asked Riley

"I sent Miami PD a message and I'll check to see if I got a response", said Nick.

Nick opened up his mail and saw he had a new message. He opened it and Riley and him began to read it.

To: (nstokes@lvpd.com)

To: Nick

I got your message about the case. It took me time but i found all the fingerprint and DNA files from the Craig Walker case. There are several samples but only one match to a print of the wife, but I'm guessing you already know that. I hope these helps and please inform me with what you get. Thanks.

Eric

Nick opened up the files and immediately put them to a flash drive and sent them over to Hodges.

"Hopefully we get a match", said Riley.

"I'm still confused why this guy would target one family", said Nick. "There has to be a motive."

Nick was cut short when his phone rang. He noticed it was Brass and answered it.

"Hey Jim", said Nick

"Grab your Kits and come to 64 Sullivan st." "We got another body."

"Who is it?" asked Nick

"Kelsey Walker", said Brass discouraged.

"WHAT?" asked Nick, "she was still supposed to be in custody for questioning."

"She left 2 hours ago because we didn't have enough on her and she wanted to leave."

"DAM", said Nick as he shut the phone closed.

"What's wrong", asked Riley

"Kelsey Walker is dead", said Nick, "We gotta head over there."

Nick and Riley left the Crime lab and drove to the crime scene as fast as they could. They arrived there in about 15 minutes. There were two cop cars outside and crime tape. Brass was outside and talking two a women. Nick ran up to brass.

"What now?" he asked

"This is Jennifer Walker, Kelsey Walker's sister", said Brass

"I'm sorry Ms. Walker", said Riley.

"He t...took.....h...him", she cried

"Took who?" asked Nick

"M....my.....s.....son" she cried

"Who took him?" asked Brass

"A.....m.....man......w....wearing.....b...black", she said. "H......he......g.....got.....i.....into.....a.....b...black.....H....Honda."

Nick, Riley, and Brass all looked at each other and knew this was Antonio Fernandez.

"H....he.....s....shot.....m....my....s.....sister.....a...and.....g....grabbed....m...my....s....son."

"How old is he?", asked Brass.

"8......p.....please.....h....help....h....he's....s.....so.....s....scared", she cried.

"We'll find him", said Riley

Nick had a sickened look on his face. It brought back memories of when he was abducted. David brought the body out and loaded it in the van. Brass got on his phone and ordered an amber alert be made and all exits out of the city be blocked. Nick and Riley processed the house and found prints, DNA, and a couple shell casings. Nick was getting impatient and very angry. He kicked over one of the kitchen chairs.

"WHY ARE WE STILL HERE?" he yelled. "WE SHOULD BE LOOKING FOR THE BOY."

Riley looked shocked. She had not seen Nick lose it like that before.

"Brass is on it Nick", said Riley trying to assure him.

Nick sat down on the couch and stared at the ground. Riley glanced at him and continued processing.

"What's wrong with him?" she asked herself. She wondered if Greg was right. "He seems so angry all the time." "I feel like he hates me."

Riley heard stomping and glanced to see Nick storm out of the house.

13. karu_mila

karu_mila CSI Level Two

Re: Nick and Riley #1 "I'm Going After Her"

Hmm... *puts on thinking cap* How 'bout Angels Losing Sleep? It's the name of the song I'm listening to and it definitely reflects Nick's nightmares.

About the story, I like how you're incorporating CSI:Miami into the mix... but about Riley being insecure about Nick not liking her, it seems a little out of character to me. For me, she seems more like the kind of person who would be sympathetic, but not overly sensitive. She would be focusing more on the reason behind his anger without psychoanalyzing everything. Anyways, hope that helped and if you need an extra pair of eyes, let me know.

14. CSI ADAM

CSI ADAM Hit and Run

Part 8

Nick left the house and headed back to the lab. He felt bad about leaving Riley but he didn't see a point in being at the scene. He knew who did it and was focused on finding the missing boy. He arrived back at the lab and saw Hodges in the hallway.

"Nick I got the results back that Miami sent" he said.

"And?" asked Nick

"We had a match in DNA and finger prints but they were matches to unknown samples", said Hodges. "I'm guessing they're Antonio Fernandez's because he's not in the system."

"Thanks", said Nick

Nick headed back to the break room and logged into his laptop. He typed up an email and sent it to the Miami crime lab.

To: (edelko@miamipd.com)

We have ran all the samples you sent and our lab has matched a print and a DNA sample from your crime scene to ours. The same person did both crimes. Antonio Fernandez is our suspect and I'm 99% sure he's our guy. He has kidnapped the son of Kelsey Walkers sister and we are trying to find him. Thanks for your help.

Nick

He finished the letter and sent it. As he finished Greg came running into the room.

"Nick you need to see this", he said.

"What is it?" asked Nick

"This tape was just sent to us", said Greg.

Nick and Greg walked to the video analysis room and gave the tape to Archie. He popped it in the machine and started it. The three of them began to watch. As it started they saw a man holding a child at gunpoint. They watched closely as he began to talk.

"My name is Antonio Fernandez", he said. "I have the child you foolish cops are trying to find." "If you want this boy alive you will drop off $10,000,000 to the warehouse at 23 palm st by 9:00 this evening." "If you don't he will end up like the others."

The three of them continued to watch and they noticed the sickening laugh he had.

"You better hurry up because I may get bored and decide to pull the trigger." "You CSI's are pathetic and you can't touch me." "Bring it on."

As the video laughed Antonio gave a sickening laugh. Nick was furious and wanted to teach him a lesson.

"Who sent the tape?" asked Nick

"Somebody walked in and brought it", said Greg. "Brass has him in interagation."

Nick hurried over and wanted to hear from whoever dropped off the tape.

15. CSI_Kat

CSI_Kat Addicted to Gutterville Moderator

This thread is for discussion of Nick and Riley only. Please post fan fiction in the fan fiction section located here.